[ROM] Oficial MIUI V5 4.8.29 - CM 4.4.4 Based

Search This thread

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
Oficial MIUI V5 4.8.29 - CM 4.4.4 Based

204727wuswhhllth8y6f6u.jpg

This is not my work, i don't develop this!
I'm only sharing this here, because our beloved device is losing wonderful roms and devs as the time passes by, and i dont seen any MIUI topic on this forum since it got outdated.

I gave up from MIUI a long time ago because they got stuck on Android 4.1.2, and yesterday i got surprised when i opened MIUI website and saw that they released a KitKat 4.4.4 version based on CM for our Device.

But only with one problem, they made only 2 releases and then Xiaomi came with this announced:

Official Xiaomi statement:
MIUIers, we hope to focus on improving MIUI based on Android 4.4 in the future, so we've decided that MIUI V5 update for the following devices will be stopped after MIUI 4.8.8: i9100 / i9300 / MX2 / Note2 / HTC OneX / Find5 / HTC One / Nubia Z5S(mini). It's really a tough decision. If the above devices get Android 4.4 from the original factory in the future, we'll consider supporting them again. Hope you understand. Thanks.

So, sadly after this week our device will not receive any new update, and its even more sad because they stopped support right after they released the MIUI based on 4.4.4 for your device, but you can enjoy yet this updated version of MIUI for our device.

EDIT: seems like they keep launching new releases for our device .. 4.8.29 download link update

Here's the link for Download the last version of MIUI based on CM 4.4.4:

Miuiandroid Download (multi language implemented)

As far as i can understand Xiaomi maintains the MIUI based on Sense (4.1.2) for our device and helinchun is the responsable for the MIUI CM 4.4.4 based.

I don't know if that Xiaomi statement will affect the ported version made by helinchun that is maintained under the official MIUI site, i already PM him asking for more information.

I think that now the port for CM is made, its only a question of forking github (i think) and keep maintaining it with oficial miui / cm releases, i hope someone with the right acknowledge picked this up and continue maintaining it, maybe in a not oficial way.

Till then, for anyone who wants, to try and enjoy an updated version of MIUI for our device go for it!

Alternatively you can try MIUI Sense Based (Android 4.2.2)

Last edited:

dulexetina

Apr 17, 2010
Ooooh man long time waiting for this :) Thank you very much. Downloading and will report as sun as I can.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app

Sujan Baruah

Apr 11, 2012
Tezpur
Someone please post a review of whats good and whats not so good in this rom. I mean from bugs point of view not features.

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
New version for HTC ONE X is available at the main site.

Code:
http://en.miui.com/download-7.html

where is new version ? i only see the one i posted ... 4.8.15

Which one of those is the one based on stock?

The Developer ROM is stock based (android 4.1.2)

The Ported ROM is CM based (android 4.4.4)

but if you download from there you will only get English / Chinese, if you want multilanguage download from miuiandroid.com (link in OP)

Reactions: didije

Kevinjs

Jan 2, 2011

but if you download from there you will only get English / Chinese, if you want multilanguage download from miuiandroid.com (link in OP)

Theres also a miui based on Stock 4.2.2.

didije

Nov 10, 2009
Im really sorry but I cant find it, I have it on my computer. The file name is "miuiandroid_multi_endeavoru_4.4.11_jb-4.2_2"

EDIT:
I found it http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/4-4-11.24073/
Will give it a try. The one based on the 4.1 version didn't work for me (the touchscreen was not working, probably because of the newest hboot).

Is this the latest one based on sense 4.2?

Cheers!

Edit: Still searching for a daily driver. So far my favorites are ViperX and SlimBean 4.2.2, and I've tried a lot of them (really, a lot).

Last edited:

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
Will give it a try. The one based on the 4.1 version didn't work for me (the touchscreen was not working, probably because of the newest hboot).

Is this the latest one based on sense 4.2?

Cheers!

Edit: Still searching for a daily driver. So far my favorites are ViperX and SlimBean 4.2.2, and I've tried a lot of them (really, a lot).

yes last one based on sense is 4.2 because it was the last oficial sense release ....

but try the 4.4.4 cm based ... its my daily and it will be next weeks

frza_

Dec 31, 2013
i'm using ported rom from miui official forum, but i have some problem with google in browser and some login error with social apps like twiiter and line. Any suggestion?

ruizit0

Dec 4, 2007
i'm using ported rom from miui official forum, but i have some problem with google in browser and some login error with social apps like twiiter and line. Any suggestion?

check and recheck and typing the correct password is my only suggestion ... its all ok here i can login everywhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oficial MIUI V5 4.8.29 - CM 4.4.4 Based

204727wuswhhllth8y6f6u.jpg

This is not my work, i don't develop this!
    I'm only sharing this here, because our beloved device is losing wonderful roms and devs as the time passes by, and i dont seen any MIUI topic on this forum since it got outdated.

I gave up from MIUI a long time ago because they got stuck on Android 4.1.2, and yesterday i got surprised when i opened MIUI website and saw that they released a KitKat 4.4.4 version based on CM for our Device.

But only with one problem, they made only 2 releases and then Xiaomi came with this announced:

Official Xiaomi statement:
    MIUIers, we hope to focus on improving MIUI based on Android 4.4 in the future, so we've decided that MIUI V5 update for the following devices will be stopped after MIUI 4.8.8: i9100 / i9300 / MX2 / Note2 / HTC OneX / Find5 / HTC One / Nubia Z5S(mini). It's really a tough decision. If the above devices get Android 4.4 from the original factory in the future, we'll consider supporting them again. Hope you understand. Thanks.

So, sadly after this week our device will not receive any new update, and its even more sad because they stopped support right after they released the MIUI based on 4.4.4 for your device, but you can enjoy yet this updated version of MIUI for our device.

EDIT: seems like they keep launching new releases for our device .. 4.8.29 download link update

Here's the link for Download the last version of MIUI based on CM 4.4.4:

Miuiandroid Download (multi language implemented)

As far as i can understand Xiaomi maintains the MIUI based on Sense (4.1.2) for our device and helinchun is the responsable for the MIUI CM 4.4.4 based.

I don't know if that Xiaomi statement will affect the ported version made by helinchun that is maintained under the official MIUI site, i already PM him asking for more information.

I think that now the port for CM is made, its only a question of forking github (i think) and keep maintaining it with oficial miui / cm releases, i hope someone with the right acknowledge picked this up and continue maintaining it, maybe in a not oficial way.

Till then, for anyone who wants, to try and enjoy an updated version of MIUI for our device go for it!

Alternatively you can try MIUI Sense Based (Android 4.2.2)

Code:
    A new v6 Beta has been ported by ibotpeaches: https://goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miu...m/xiaomi.eu_multi_endeavoru_4.9.12_v5-4.4.zip

Working very well in my girlfriends hox.

Some apps are not working but this seems to be an gernaral issue on miui because of some missing java libs.

Code:

Which one of those is the one based on stock?

Here you can find weekly MIUI for NL: www.miui.com/thread-2608487-1-1.html