FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WM Kitchen] OsKitchen Zero v1.33.5: The Easiest & Most Complete Kitchen (20/10/2010)

1,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By airxtreme, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2010, 10:43 PM |#31  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenokira

I've moved the kitchen folder to the root of C: and I've been running as administrator...but still having issues with errors during the import of a signed ruu or ROM compilation. I've ensured there are no spaces in the folder names, as suggested in the thread.

I'm installing XP to a VM now to test it there, but I'm using Windows 7 x64...Anyone else having issues using this kitchen with Win7x64?

Looks like a great kitchen though, I'm really looking forward to getting this working.

The ROM file has to be in a folder without spaces, not the kitchen.

6th February 2010, 11:04 PM |#32  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

I've moved the kitchen folder to the root of C: and I've been running as administrator...but still having issues with errors during the import of a signed ruu or ROM compilation. I've ensured there are no spaces in the folder names, as suggested in the thread.

I'm installing XP to a VM now to test it there, but I'm using Windows 7 x64...Anyone else having issues using this kitchen with Win7x64?

Looks like a great kitchen though, I'm really looking forward to getting this working.

Yes, I had problems importing also. One thing I did that did help is to move the Kitchen to the root of the C drive. Such as C:\Kitchen and also moved the RUU file to a folder like C:\Download.

Next thing I had to do was on the Kitchen folder itself, right click and go to properties. Select the advanced tab. Uncheck the box that allows the folder to be indexed. You don't want it indexing while you are importing, you will get the File in use by another application error.

After that, I was able to import. I am using Windows 7 64 bit edition also.
7th February 2010, 12:40 AM |#33  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airxtreme

The ROM file has to be in a folder without spaces, not the kitchen.

Gotcha, I must have misread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb-rgb

Yes, I had problems importing also. One thing I did that did help is to move the Kitchen to the root of the C drive. Such as C:\Kitchen and also moved the RUU file to a folder like C:\Download.

Next thing I had to do was on the Kitchen folder itself, right click and go to properties. Select the advanced tab. Uncheck the box that allows the folder to be indexed. You don't want it indexing while you are importing, you will get the File in use by another application error.

After that, I was able to import. I am using Windows 7 64 bit edition also.

After following your suggestions, I still had the problem...but I entirely wiped the kitchen folder I had and started fresh. After doing so, everything seems to be working now Thanks for the help. Now let's see if I can cook up a ROM :)

Added...
I feel like a jerk, I forgot to say thanks for the reply...so..Thank you!
7th February 2010, 01:20 AM |#34  
Flag Texas

More
Quote:

Gotcha, I must have misread.

After following your suggestions, I still had the problem...but I entirely wiped the kitchen folder I had and started fresh. After doing so, everything seems to be working now Thanks for the help. Now let's see if I can cook up a ROM :)

Added...
I feel like a jerk, I forgot to say thanks for the reply...so..Thank you!

Glad you got it imported. Next problem I ran into was building a ROM. Went through and started building then I got an error message that said "Unable to run HTC ROM Tool".

Haven't been able to get past that one yet. Hope you don't run into it.
7th February 2010, 01:37 AM |#35  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I think I ended up getting the same error as you...

"There was some error while building OS.nb, I can't run HTC ROM Tool!"
7th February 2010, 01:55 AM |#36  
Flag Texas

More
Quote:

I think I ended up getting the same error as you...

"There was some error while building OS.nb, I can't run HTC ROM Tool!"

Yup, that's the one
7th February 2010, 03:06 AM |#37  

More
Try the new version in the first post to see if it still gives problems during import/build.
7th February 2010, 03:18 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by airxtreme

Try the new version in the first post to see if it still gives problems during import/build.

Will test now I'll report back

Thanks for your efforts
7th February 2010, 03:45 AM |#39  

More
Tired Kitchen v1.00

Import is sucessfull for me only if the "RUU_signed.nbh" file is in the root of the kitchen which I have extracted to C:/

I am still have the errors while building though
1) packagebuilder.exe
2)ImgfsFromDump.exe
3) the missing os.nb

these errors are identical to the first kitchen

Shiped rom used
http://pcdphones.com/downloads/XV6875_MR1_Upgrade.zip

Pc operating system windows Xp

I'm eager to get the new kitchen working I beleive it will be big

Current using erviuskitchen
7th February 2010, 04:30 AM |#40  

More
Success
I think i have found the problem

I noticed that in the rom folder the modules inside OEMXIPKernel , MSXIPKernel & Nk.exe contain imageinfo.txt
I replaced all the of the files with files that were dumbed from bepe's "xidump_v1.0_beta" and added wince.nls to the OEMXIPKernel witch was missing from the import. I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do but it works now
7th February 2010, 04:49 AM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartv427

I think i have found the problem

I noticed that in the rom folder the modules inside OEMXIPKernel , MSXIPKernel & Nk.exe contain imageinfo.txt
I replaced all the of the files with files that were dumbed from bepe's "xidump_v1.0_beta" and added wince.nls to the OEMXIPKernel witch was missing from the import. I'm not sure if this is the correct thing to do but it works now

I'm using wince.NLS as a SYS package so that shouldn't be the problem, I also doubt the problem is with the imageinfo.txt files because platformrebuilder is supposed to ignore them. If you still have both the imported xip and the new xip you created could you please upload them somewhere so I can see if I can spot the differences that could cause the crash? Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)