[ROM] HTC Magic Vodafone Spain Official Froyo 2.2.1 update aim3 [2011-05-09]

Search This thread

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
Updated 2011-05-09 (New version aim3)

So now that Vodafone Spain finally released a Froyo OTA upgrade for HTC Magic, I've built a cooked ROM from the official OTA upgrade. The ROM tries to ressemble the stock ROM, but including the following extras:

Version aim1:
  • /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is removed, so it won't overwrite your recovery on every boot, as the stock ROM does
  • This ROM is rooted. Superuser.apk is installed on system.
  • Included apns-conf.xml from Cyanogen, so APNs from all operators are available, not just from Vodafone.
  • Google applications updated to the latest release: Maps, StreetView, Gmail, Market and Youtube
  • Replaced keyboard with Gingerbread (Android 2.3) newer keyboard.
  • Removed the Vodafone Live application and shortcut

Version aim2:
  • Removed Gingerbread keyboard, better install as separate package if you want it (see link)
  • Updated Google Maps and Market to latest versions.
  • Include busybox, it's needed for some root applications
  • Deodexed (takes some time on first boot, saves space on /system)
  • Re-signed (needed to include STK)
  • Included STK (Sim-Toolkit) application ("Servicios SIM" in Spanish). Required for some virtual operatos to work in Roaming
  • Added Sound Recorder icon in Launcher (application was there, but only accessible from MMS when adding a sound)
  • Added support for scripts in /system/etc/init.d (useful for adding compcache, swap, etc).

Version aim3:
  • Removed the "assert shappire" line on installation script. Should allow installation on Dream/G1
  • Revert some re-signed packages to allow Google applications updated via Market
  • Load ipv6 module to have Google Goggles working
  • Replace stock kernel with a custom kernel for better performance and memory tweaks
  • Enable compcache (compressed in-RAM swap memory) on boot by default, to get some extra free MB on magic 32B, which makes the system much more usable (applications and launcher are not killed all the time). Tweaks can be customized using setprop (see later)
  • Overclock CPU on boot. Can be tweaked using setprop (see later)
  • Include support for Live Wallpapers

Please note that this ROM is only for HTC Magic 32B (not for 32A or Dream). You'll need to use the System-Only ROM and a different kernel and/or SPL for 32A or for HTC Dream.

This latest update (version aim3) includes:

About the SPL and Radio: This is a perfect SPL, so it won't allow you to flash unsigned images from fastboot. Please make sure you have a custom recovery image. The new 2.22.28 radio won't work with other older SPLs, but it's worth the additional RAM (15MB). Also, if you want to install another kernel, it must be compatible with this radio version.

Requeriments and pre-installation

You'll need a custom recovery that allows you to flash the update.zip file. Clockworkmod recovery or AmonRA should do the job.

Make sure you have a good battery level, and make a full backup before installing.

Disclaimer: I won't take any responsibility if this bricks or damages your device.

Upgrading

Due to resigning, you can't update from previous version. A full wipe is required, sorry. However, if you backup your data and apps with Titanium Backup, and then restore them, it should work if coming from a previous version of this ROM, or if coming from the stock versions. There are no guarantees if coming from other non-official ROMs

Installation (Two-step)

This is the way the official OTA is done. First, the HBOOT (SPL) is updated to 1.33.0013. Then, the system, kernel and radio are updated. If you want to make the installation this way:

1. SPL Update. First download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/android/vf_magic_froyo_aim1/vf_magic_frg83d_hboot_0013.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_hboot_0013.zip?dl=1) and apply update from recovery (copy to the SD Card, then choose Apply .zip from SDCard, and choose the zip file). It will reboot a few times during the upgrade. Finally it should boot the system with the previous version, but the SPL will be upgraded.
2. System+Radio+Kernel update. Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/android/vf_magic_froyo_aim3/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_nohboot_s.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_nohboot_s.zip?dl=1) and from recovery wipe Data and Cache. Apply update from recovery, the same way. It should reboot a few times and finally boot the system, updated to Froyo.

Installation (System-only installation)

If you already have SPL 1.33.0013 or 1.33.0013d, and radio 2.22.27.08 or 2.22.28.25, and want to install only the system files, then download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/and...m3/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_noradio_nohboot_s.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_noradio_nohboot_s.zip?dl=1), and apply update from Recovery.

If you have an 32A, you should be able to use the System-only installation, and when finished, flash an appropiate kernel (the included kernel is for Magic 32B).

Tweak configuration

Latest version includes some performance tweaks which are applied on boot. There's no GUI for changing these settings, but they can be easily changed using a command line (for example adb shell).

First, get a root shell (adb shell, then su). Then you can use the command:

getprop propertyname

to get the current value of a setting, and the command:

setprop propertyname newvalue

to set a new value. The available setting parameters (Replace propertyname are:

• persist.tweaks.ramzenabled: Enabled (if 1) or disabled (if 0) the compressed RAM swap. If not set, it defaults to 1 (enabled).
  • persist.tweaks.ramzsize: The size of the compressed in RAM swap memory, in KB. If not set, it defaults to 32768 (32MB). Don't try anything higher than the amount of memory in your system. I wouldn't recommend more than 65536 (64M).
  • persist.tweaks.swappiness: The swappiness parameter. A avlue between 0 and 100, defaults to 10. Tells the system how agressively try to move memory pages to the swap. I keep it to a low value, so pages are not swapped until more free RAM is needed.
  • persist.tweaks.cpuminfreq: The minimum CPU frequency. If not set, it defaults to 245760 (245Mhz). See the list of available frequencies with command:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
  • persist.tweaks.cpumaxfreq: The maximumCPU frequency. If not set, it defaults to 595200 (595Mhz). That's a bit overclocking, but I find it perfectly stable. With higher frequencies (614Mhz) I get random reboots.
  • persist.tweaks.cpugovernor: The CPU frequency governor. Defaults to interactive, but you can try ondemand too.

Any change will require rebooting the system. If you get stuck with a change (phone can't boot), try using adb shell from recovery, mount /data partition, and remove the offending setting file from /data/property/persist.tweaks.xxxx

Add-ons

Versions and updates

• aim1 - 2010/12/25 (Christmas gift) - Initial release
  • 2010/12/27 - Added "Revert to Froyo keyboard" add-on
  • 2010/12/27 - Added mirrors for files
  • 2011/01/09 - Removed one-step install, seems it's not working
  • aim2 - 2011/05/01 - New version
  • aim3 - 2011/05/09 - New version

Last edited:

aca85

Jul 6, 2010
Hmm,sounds good,how about some screenshots? :)
But i'm a bit skeptical about the SPL and Radio flash-ing,cuz i almost once bricked my phone :(

waffleguy4

Oct 27, 2006
Atlanta
Bad First Try

Installation (Two-step version)

This is the way the official OTA is done. First, the HBOOT (SPL) is updated to 1.33.0013. Then, the system, kernel and radio are updated. If you want to make the installation this way:

So after many attempts of trying to get my phone back to "factory" for OTA updates, I gave up very very late in the night and decided I'd just try this new ROM. I know I'm crazy since no one else has written of their attempts to try it - meaning I'm probably the first - and I'm a little worried at what I'm seeing. I followed your instructions for the 2-step version using Clockworkmod recovery and my right now my phone is stuck in the black loading screen that says "ANDROID". Its been on this screen for over half an hour. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take that long so I thought I'd go ahead and ask for tips now so I can work in it tomorrow. My T-Mobile myTouch 3G original (HTC Magic 32 B) phone was on CM6 (Froyo 2.2) before I revered it to factory 1.6 because of frustrations with Cyanogen's slow mod. T-Mobile's OTA updates weren't working because of recovery image issues so I figured I'd give you version a go. Yes, I realize this is the Vodafone version. Hablo español.

So should I try to reset my phone? Take the battery out? Am I bricked?

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
I don't think it's bricked, it just seems to be failing to boot the system. A logcat (adb logcat command) would help to diagnose the problem.

You should be able to boot to recovery. Did you wipe data and cache partitions?

Did the previous version boot after flashing first step? You can check the SPL on this step was correctly flashed by entering fastboot (vol down + power) and checking if Hboot version is 1.33.0013

I've tried the 2 step version successfuly in 2 htc magic by now.

Let me know about any progress.

Greets.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

Reactions: waffleguy4

jvmonjo

Feb 13, 2008
Valencia
www.monjo.cat
I finally download it from computer, but I can't flash it. I've got this error:
Code:
E:Failure at line 6: assert getprop("ro.product.device") == "sapphire" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "saphire"

waffleguy4

Oct 27, 2006
Atlanta
It works!

It works! Here's how...

It had been 6 hours and it was still stuck on the loading screen, so I pulled the battery.

I wipped my data and cache partitions again using the bootloading, although I'm pretty sure I had already done this. I must have needed to do it again.

The logcat seemed to have tons of errors, more than I could list here. A small copy-paste:

W/PackageManager(30347): Permission com.noshufou.android.su.RESPOND from package com.noshufou.android.su ignored: no gro
up null
I/PackageManager(30347): /system/app/TelephonyProvider.apk changed; collecting certs
D/dalvikvm(30347): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 5701 objects / 392080 bytes in 124ms
W/PackageManager(30347): Signature mismatch for shared user : SharedUserSetting{435ad3a8 android.uid.phone/1001}
E/PackageManager(30347): Package com.android.providers.telephony has no signatures that match those in shared user andro
id.uid.phone; ignoring!
I/PackageManager(30347): /system/app/UserDictionaryProvider.apk changed; collecting certs
W/PackageManager(30347): Signature mismatch for shared user : SharedUserSetting{435f7a48 android.uid.shared/10010}
E/PackageManager(30347): Package com.android.providers.userdictionary has no signatures that match those in shared user
android.uid.shared; ignoring!
W/PackageManager(30347): Permission com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE from package com.android.vending ignored: no group
null
W/PackageManager(30347): Permission com.android.vending.BILLING from package com.android.vending ignored: no group null
I/PackageManager(30347): /system/app/VpnServices.apk changed; collecting certs
W/PackageManager(30347): Signature mismatch for shared user : SharedUserSetting{435ad158 android.uid.system/1000}
E/PackageManager(30347): Package com.android.server.vpn has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.sy
stem; ignoring!

Anyway, after restarting twice the phone loaded! Froyo who-hoo! And I love the Gingerbread keyboard addition! This ROM is elegant - almost official OTA with just a touch of fixes. Cyangen's ROMs are over the top for me.

The only thing we've noticed after 30 minutes of testing is that it suggests Gmail be installed in the market, even though its already installed. Obviously this is because we have the newer version of gmail. But does this mean we will no longer get updates for Google applications? This concerns me - I don't want to have to rehack my phone every month - especially since I'm giving this to my brother.

Thanks for the great work and cool simple ROM.

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
It works! Here's how...

I wipped my data and cache partitions again using the bootloading, although I'm pretty sure I had already done this. I must have needed to do it again.

The logcat seemed to have tons of errors, more than I could list here. A small copy-paste:

Strange. I'm quite sure a Data + Cache wipe is needed except if you're coming from stock 1.6. The errors in the logcat seem to confirm this.

It works! Here's how...

The only thing we've noticed after 30 minutes of testing is that it suggests Gmail be installed in the market, even though its already installed. Obviously this is because we have the newer version of gmail. But does this mean we will no longer get updates for Google applications? This concerns me - I don't want to have to rehack my phone every month - especially since I'm giving this to my brother.

I think you should get the updates anyways. The only difference is, instead of having Maps 4.6 in SYSTEM partition, you have 5.0. The day Maps 5.x is out, it should show an update is available. I think showing it in the market as "Installed" is the normal behavior since the google apps were extracted in Froyo, or Eclair, I can't remember :)

I might be adding some optional packages (as updates.zip) soon. For example, I'm thinking of adding a patched version of Google Maps to force using Vector and 3D graphics instead of bitmap tiles. Also, maybe an update to revert to the standard Froyo keyboard.

I hope you enjoy it.

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
I finally download it from computer, but I can't flash it. I've got this error:
Code:
E:Failure at line 6: assert getprop("ro.product.device") == "sapphire" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "saphire"

The update script is checking that the installed ROM device or product is "sapphire", and it's failing. Maybe the ROM you're using right now uses another device identifier?

I could remove the check, but it was included in the original updater, and I think it's safer this way. You could try flashing cyanogenmod or the stock vodafone 1.6 first, then updating.

Greets.

kurjak

Jul 4, 2007
I tried two step version but after successful spl update i can't boot recovery anymore:
FAILED (remote: not allow). What should I do next?

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
I tried two step version but after successful spl update i can't boot recovery anymore:
FAILED (remote: not allow). What should I do next?

How are you booting recovery? Are you using "adb reboot recovery" command? If so, it looks like the perfect SPL won't allow you to run that command.

You must enter recovery by powering the phone off, and then pressing Home + Power On button. Keep pressing them until you're on recovery.

Greets.

kurjak

Jul 4, 2007
i tried fastboot boot recovery. I tried home + power on several times but all i get is exclamation mark screen, with some kind of recovery where i can update from sd:update.zip and this also fails: verification fails

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
i tried fastboot boot recovery. I tried home + power on several times but all i get is exclamation mark screen, with some kind of recovery where i can update from sd:update.zip and this also fails: verification fails

Ok, don't panic, the fix is easy. The exclamation mark screen is the stock recovery, that allows you to flash only HTC signed update.zip file. As this update is not signed by HTC, it throws the "verification fails" error.

So, how to fix it? You need to flash a custom recovery (ClockworkMod or AmonRA, for example), because the SPL won't allow you to boot the recovery from fastboot.

You need to have your current ROM rooted, if it's not already. If not rooted, check SuperOneClick Root in here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682

Once rooted, you can flash the recovery using flash_image command from an adb shell, or easier, install RomManager from the market and install recovery from there.

Just make sure the recovery is for Magic 32B or Dream. I think last time I used ROM Manager I choose "HTC Magic", and a recovery for Magic 32A was installed, so the recovery wouldn't boot. I discovered I had to choose "HTC Dream" instead, as the recovery for Dream works for HTC Magic 32B too.

Once installed, using the "Home + PowerOn" you should boot into the new recovery (clockwork or AmonRA), and it should allow you to flash the update. If you get "verification failed" error, check that "signature verification" is toggled off (there's an option in the recovery to enable/disable it).

I hope it hellps. Greets.

maxpower_303

Oct 30, 2009
Munich
Radio Installation didnt work

i just tried this rom because CM6.1 is still to slow for me somehow.
it stopped after unpacking radio pack and tried to installe it..aborted installation.
All wiped and partitioned before.

Sry, would really like to give it a try.
Have German 32b Vodafone.

Cheers..

Puddux

Sep 10, 2010
Hi!
I have some questions:
1. are there any differences between the Spanish 2.2.1 OTA ROM and the 2.2.1 UK ROM? What are the languages supported?
2. I come from spl 1.33.0013d and radio 2.22.27.08: what are the drawbacks of installing a perfect spl such as the 1.33.0013?

Thank you!

airadier

Jan 18, 2008
Zaragoza
www.bodegueros.net
Hi!
I have some questions:
1. are there any differences between the Spanish 2.2.1 OTA ROM and the 2.2.1 UK ROM? What are the languages supported?
2. I come from spl 1.33.0013d and radio 2.22.27.08: what are the drawbacks of installing a perfect spl such as the 1.33.0013?

Thank you!

1. I don't know, as I haven't checked the UK ROM, but probably they are both the same. In the spanish vodafone update there's support for english too.

2. SPL 1.33.0013d should work too. It's a modified version of 0013 to allow some additional operations. No need to install 0013. Radio 2.22.27.08 works too, but latest version, the one shipped with the vodafone update, is 2.22.28.25.

Greets.

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
For those who don't want to upgrade to a perfected spl (Want to stick to engineering spl) and are willing to accept the lower ram count I added ezterry's biffmod kernel/wifi module (oh and also added News and Weather app).

You can download it @ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7812800/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_eng-signed.zip

Also if you want to use it without sim flash this after the main zip.. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7812800/Android/Froyo_Provision.zip

Hope this helps anyone.

Btw.. Tested on Google Ion (Yes i got one lol)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated 2011-05-09 (New version aim3)

So now that Vodafone Spain finally released a Froyo OTA upgrade for HTC Magic, I've built a cooked ROM from the official OTA upgrade. The ROM tries to ressemble the stock ROM, but including the following extras:

Version aim1:
    • /system/etc/install-recovery.sh is removed, so it won't overwrite your recovery on every boot, as the stock ROM does
    • This ROM is rooted. Superuser.apk is installed on system.
    • Included apns-conf.xml from Cyanogen, so APNs from all operators are available, not just from Vodafone.
    • Google applications updated to the latest release: Maps, StreetView, Gmail, Market and Youtube
    • Replaced keyboard with Gingerbread (Android 2.3) newer keyboard.
    • Removed the Vodafone Live application and shortcut

Version aim2:
    • Removed Gingerbread keyboard, better install as separate package if you want it (see link)
    • Updated Google Maps and Market to latest versions.
    • Include busybox, it's needed for some root applications
    • Deodexed (takes some time on first boot, saves space on /system)
    • Re-signed (needed to include STK)
    • Included STK (Sim-Toolkit) application ("Servicios SIM" in Spanish). Required for some virtual operatos to work in Roaming
    • Added Sound Recorder icon in Launcher (application was there, but only accessible from MMS when adding a sound)
    • Added support for scripts in /system/etc/init.d (useful for adding compcache, swap, etc).

Version aim3:
    • Removed the "assert shappire" line on installation script. Should allow installation on Dream/G1
    • Revert some re-signed packages to allow Google applications updated via Market
    • Load ipv6 module to have Google Goggles working
    • Replace stock kernel with a custom kernel for better performance and memory tweaks
    • Enable compcache (compressed in-RAM swap memory) on boot by default, to get some extra free MB on magic 32B, which makes the system much more usable (applications and launcher are not killed all the time). Tweaks can be customized using setprop (see later)
    • Overclock CPU on boot. Can be tweaked using setprop (see later)
    • Include support for Live Wallpapers

Please note that this ROM is only for HTC Magic 32B (not for 32A or Dream). You'll need to use the System-Only ROM and a different kernel and/or SPL for 32A or for HTC Dream.

This latest update (version aim3) includes:

About the SPL and Radio: This is a perfect SPL, so it won't allow you to flash unsigned images from fastboot. Please make sure you have a custom recovery image. The new 2.22.28 radio won't work with other older SPLs, but it's worth the additional RAM (15MB). Also, if you want to install another kernel, it must be compatible with this radio version.

Requeriments and pre-installation

You'll need a custom recovery that allows you to flash the update.zip file. Clockworkmod recovery or AmonRA should do the job.

Make sure you have a good battery level, and make a full backup before installing.

Disclaimer: I won't take any responsibility if this bricks or damages your device.

Upgrading

Due to resigning, you can't update from previous version. A full wipe is required, sorry. However, if you backup your data and apps with Titanium Backup, and then restore them, it should work if coming from a previous version of this ROM, or if coming from the stock versions. There are no guarantees if coming from other non-official ROMs

Installation (Two-step)

1. SPL Update. First download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/android/vf_magic_froyo_aim1/vf_magic_frg83d_hboot_0013.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_hboot_0013.zip?dl=1) and apply update from recovery (copy to the SD Card, then choose Apply .zip from SDCard, and choose the zip file). It will reboot a few times during the upgrade. Finally it should boot the system with the previous version, but the SPL will be upgraded.
    2. System+Radio+Kernel update. Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/android/vf_magic_froyo_aim3/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_nohboot_s.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_nohboot_s.zip?dl=1) and from recovery wipe Data and Cache. Apply update from recovery, the same way. It should reboot a few times and finally boot the system, updated to Froyo.

Installation (System-only installation)

If you already have SPL 1.33.0013 or 1.33.0013d, and radio 2.22.27.08 or 2.22.28.25, and want to install only the system files, then download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3658919/and...m3/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_noradio_nohboot_s.zip (Mirror: http://content.wuala.com/contents/airadier/Android/vf_magic_frg83d_aim3_noradio_nohboot_s.zip?dl=1), and apply update from Recovery.

If you have an 32A, you should be able to use the System-only installation, and when finished, flash an appropiate kernel (the included kernel is for Magic 32B).

Tweak configuration

Latest version includes some performance tweaks which are applied on boot. There's no GUI for changing these settings, but they can be easily changed using a command line (for example adb shell).

First, get a root shell (adb shell, then su). Then you can use the command:

getprop propertyname

to get the current value of a setting, and the command:

setprop propertyname newvalue

to set a new value. The available setting parameters (Replace propertyname are:

• persist.tweaks.ramzenabled: Enabled (if 1) or disabled (if 0) the compressed RAM swap. If not set, it defaults to 1 (enabled).
    • persist.tweaks.ramzsize: The size of the compressed in RAM swap memory, in KB. If not set, it defaults to 32768 (32MB). Don't try anything higher than the amount of memory in your system. I wouldn't recommend more than 65536 (64M).
    • persist.tweaks.swappiness: The swappiness parameter. A avlue between 0 and 100, defaults to 10. Tells the system how agressively try to move memory pages to the swap. I keep it to a low value, so pages are not swapped until more free RAM is needed.
    • persist.tweaks.cpuminfreq: The minimum CPU frequency. If not set, it defaults to 245760 (245Mhz). See the list of available frequencies with command:
      cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
    • persist.tweaks.cpumaxfreq: The maximumCPU frequency. If not set, it defaults to 595200 (595Mhz). That's a bit overclocking, but I find it perfectly stable. With higher frequencies (614Mhz) I get random reboots.
    • persist.tweaks.cpugovernor: The CPU frequency governor. Defaults to interactive, but you can try ondemand too.

Any change will require rebooting the system. If you get stuck with a change (phone can't boot), try using adb shell from recovery, mount /data partition, and remove the offending setting file from /data/property/persist.tweaks.xxxx

Add-ons

Versions and updates

• aim1 - 2010/12/25 (Christmas gift) - Initial release
    • 2010/12/27 - Added "Revert to Froyo keyboard" add-on
    • 2010/12/27 - Added mirrors for files
    • 2011/01/09 - Removed one-step install, seems it's not working
    • aim2 - 2011/05/01 - New version
    • aim3 - 2011/05/09 - New version
    I don't think it's bricked, it just seems to be failing to boot the system. A logcat (adb logcat command) would help to diagnose the problem.

You should be able to boot to recovery. Did you wipe data and cache partitions?

Did the previous version boot after flashing first step? You can check the SPL on this step was correctly flashed by entering fastboot (vol down + power) and checking if Hboot version is 1.33.0013

I've tried the 2 step version successfuly in 2 htc magic by now.

Let me know about any progress.

Greets.

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App
    Hello,
    Later, a reader asked in the comments if it were for the 32A or the 32B and I realized I hadn't mentioned that so I updated the post and commented back that it was for the 32B only. I just got a response there saying
    "nice i just bricked my phone…cuz you didn’t specified the model…"

I know it's my fault that the user's phone got bricked and I want to help him recover it now. Is there a way to do that? I'll really appreciate any help in this regard.

We would need to know what exactly "bricked" means to that user. If the phone can't enter neither fastboot or recovery, it looks like it's really bricked. Something like Jtag would be necessary to fix it.

If he can enter Recovery of Fastboot, then it is not bricked. It's just a matter of writing another ROM. From recovery, the fix is easy. From Fastboot, is a perfect SPL is flashed, it's a bit harder, using the sappimg.nbh method or the goldcard method.

Greets.
    You can't brick a phone by flashing a ROM for the 32B.

He must have tempered with the radio and/or SPL, which is his own fault. He should have done some research before diving into risky stuff.

One more thing, I've flashed that radio to my 32A and I could still enter both the recovery and fastboot, but not boot to system, no matter what kernel i tried.

Your guide even says for the VODAFONE magic, later is says the mt3g...those are all 32B phones.

What is more, you have the disclaimer, clearly written.