SailFishOS on the TouchPad

Search This thread

jshafer817

Jul 11, 2010
NRH, TX.
www.onsitedentalsystems.com
SAILFISH 1.1.4.28 FOR THE HP TOUCHPAD (SFOS 2.0 will be out soon)

P1070375.jpg

(Skip creating an account)

What works?
Bluetooth, Wifi, Sound, Codecs, Sensors, Graphics.
What does not work?
If you toggle Bluetooth, it will not work... Camera does not work (never really tried).. mtp server

Note: SailFish 1.0 is meant for phones... Keyboard orientation is wrong in most apps. Just an FYI. Don't gripe.

username: root password: root

RNDIS is currently how I am transferring data to the device.
sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.2
192.168.2.1 port 2323 for telnet or port 22 for ssh
Or use the ip address via wifi.

Orientation: Go to Settings, Display, and set the Orientation for Landscape, if you like. SailFish does not support Landscape in "lipstick" but 2.0 should support that as they are releasing the Jolla Tablet and it looks like it is Landscape.

Copying Media:
Login as root and set a password for nemo, login as nemo. Copy files to your folder (ie Videos\Jolla) and chown the files for nemo.

You MUST install the CM-11 ROM that goes with SailFish.
Both Kernels for CM11 and SailFish have been compressed with XZ.

I use ClockWorkMod that supports /data/media roms.

CM11 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ERXWZfh_RJQzJENjVxQUxha00/view?usp=sharing
SailFish 1.1.4.28 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ERXWZfh_RJdENKY25ieGFHME0/view?usp=sharing

(If you disable system.mount and create your own /system folder that contains the CM11 rom, then you could use another rom of your choice in your cm-system partition)

Thanks to : WillCast (castrwilliam), JCSullins, Invisiblek, FlintMan, stskeeps, locusf, sledges, Nokius, MSameer, vgrade and Mal.

Jolla Store: Not enabled until Jolla wants to enable it.

Try the Open Repo WareHouse Store:
https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse-sailfishos Copy the rpm to the device and install it via rpm.
icon-ghost-shape1-cat-256.png

One day jolla might enable the store, for the touchpad... rom needs to be tested.

Attachments

• P1070375.jpg
    P1070375.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Mmmm sailfish and systemd! :)

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Free mobile app

jshafer817

Jul 11, 2010
NRH, TX.
Status Update

Graphics are now stable, and we are using hwcomposer now instead of fbdev.

That is great. Wifi works... I am using the 3.0 kernel.. 3.4 would work as well... but for now I am staying on 3.0. Plus the backlight is better. :)

Working out orientation issues. I got half of it to be right..
SailFish OS 2.0 actually supports Landscape but it is not realeased yet.. And it will be running on the jolla tablet.

Instead of buying a jolla tablet..... ;)

jshafer817

Jul 11, 2010
NRH, TX.
Orientation is working, so is Sound and Pulse through libhybris and droid-sinc instead of using the ucm files without pulse.. Which probably would not fly with sailfish without pulse...

I tried to use pulse with the ucm files, only seems to work without pulse and just alsa.. sure would like to know why, but oh well.. hybris works...

Orientation is in landscape.. kinda strange, I think it would be better in SFOS 2.0 which should be out soon. Had to edit a QML file.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
Anyone want to play with it? I wasn't going to upload anything until SFOS 2.0 (where the orientation is actually right) But if someone wants to play, I will upload something.

No long winded posts for now. So don't except to see anything for about a month regarding Sail Fish 2.0

I'll undust off my Touchpad if you want to upload it!

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
It works for me, except after installing zypper and rebooting it just gives me a black screen.

adzidek

Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
OK, got the files, flashed CM11, then Sailfish. Got the new boot menu entry, but after selecting it I get a "BOOT FAILED!" message. Tried several times, same result :(

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
I have it working again now, I wonder if we can fix keyboard issues with tweaking its qml files.

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
So as I haven't yet, thank you for this. I haven't used my tablet much since I lost my Nexus 7(2012) and gained my LG G3. But with Jolla Sailfish OS I've found new life. Really this is the perfect Linux based mobile OS. I just wish Ubuntu touch was this stable on here. I'm installing so many developer tools and porting my code like crazy! Again thank you!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to play with it? I wasn't going to upload anything until SFOS 2.0 (where the orientation is actually right) But if someone wants to play, I will upload something.

No long winded posts for now. So don't except to see anything for about a month regarding Sail Fish 2.0
    Orientation is working, so is Sound and Pulse through libhybris and droid-sinc instead of using the ucm files without pulse.. Which probably would not fly with sailfish without pulse...

I tried to use pulse with the ucm files, only seems to work without pulse and just alsa.. sure would like to know why, but oh well.. hybris works...

Orientation is in landscape.. kinda strange, I think it would be better in SFOS 2.0 which should be out soon. Had to edit a QML file.
    SAILFISH 1.1.4.28 FOR THE HP TOUCHPAD (SFOS 2.0 will be out soon)

P1070375.jpg

(Skip creating an account)

What works?
    Bluetooth, Wifi, Sound, Codecs, Sensors, Graphics.
    What does not work?
    If you toggle Bluetooth, it will not work... Camera does not work (never really tried).. mtp server

Note: SailFish 1.0 is meant for phones... Keyboard orientation is wrong in most apps. Just an FYI. Don't gripe.

username: root password: root

RNDIS is currently how I am transferring data to the device.
    sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.2
    192.168.2.1 port 2323 for telnet or port 22 for ssh
    Or use the ip address via wifi.

Orientation: Go to Settings, Display, and set the Orientation for Landscape, if you like. SailFish does not support Landscape in "lipstick" but 2.0 should support that as they are releasing the Jolla Tablet and it looks like it is Landscape.

Copying Media:
    Login as root and set a password for nemo, login as nemo. Copy files to your folder (ie Videos\Jolla) and chown the files for nemo.

You MUST install the CM-11 ROM that goes with SailFish.
    Both Kernels for CM11 and SailFish have been compressed with XZ.

I use ClockWorkMod that supports /data/media roms.

CM11 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ERXWZfh_RJQzJENjVxQUxha00/view?usp=sharing
    SailFish 1.1.4.28 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ERXWZfh_RJdENKY25ieGFHME0/view?usp=sharing

(If you disable system.mount and create your own /system folder that contains the CM11 rom, then you could use another rom of your choice in your cm-system partition)

Thanks to : WillCast (castrwilliam), JCSullins, Invisiblek, FlintMan, stskeeps, locusf, sledges, Nokius, MSameer, vgrade and Mal.

Jolla Store: Not enabled until Jolla wants to enable it.

Try the Open Repo WareHouse Store:
    https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse-sailfishos Copy the rpm to the device and install it via rpm.
    icon-ghost-shape1-cat-256.png

One day jolla might enable the store, for the touchpad... rom needs to be tested.
    Status Update

Graphics are now stable, and we are using hwcomposer now instead of fbdev.

That is great. Wifi works... I am using the 3.0 kernel.. 3.4 would work as well... but for now I am staying on 3.0. Plus the backlight is better. :)

Working out orientation issues. I got half of it to be right..
    SailFish OS 2.0 actually supports Landscape but it is not realeased yet.. And it will be running on the jolla tablet.

Instead of buying a jolla tablet..... ;)
    Video Acceleration is now working

Sweet. So is audio.