FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Architect_Edition : * Set your kernel without application * and more *[SCRIPTS]

443 posts
Thanks Meter: 579

By NorthLight, Senior Member on 30th December 2013, 02:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2013, 04:43 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzz

Nope, it's a script to set clock speed, governer, etc.

It's basically SetCPU or ROM Toolbox's CPU control, or other cpu control apps, without installing an app...

Exactly !
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NorthLight Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 05:03 PM |#12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_smokezalot

so if this is like an app besides it being script what sets this apart from an app like setcpu the gov's??

I believe the idea behind OP creating this is that it may be easier for some to utilize these scripts rather than installing an app to control your kernel's settings.

In my opinion, this thread should belong in development section, but if other devs agree that this provides "significant improvement in the means of operation", then by all means keep it here.
30th December 2013, 05:24 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzz

I believe the idea behind OP creating this is that it may be easier for some to utilize these scripts rather than installing an app to control your kernel's settings.

In my opinion, this thread should belong in development section, but if other devs agree that this provides "significant improvement in the means of operation", then by all means keep it here.

I did that because i was tired to search good app ( compatible ) with kernel wanted.
Then this working on every kernel.

Not need app for apply on boot, use folder init.d, I prefer that than an app opened in cache.

I've made this for me and after i said to me : " why not share ? ".

Maybe i'm not in right section, sorry !
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NorthLight Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 05:30 PM |#14  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLight

I did that because i was tired to search good app ( compatible ) with kernel wanted.
Then this working on every kernel.

Not need app for apply on boot, use folder init.d, I prefer that than an app opened in cache.

I made this for me and after i said to me : " why not share ? ".

Maybe i'm not in right section, sorry !

Don't get me wrong, this is great work! Thank you for sharing...

On that note though... I always get a little excited when there's a post in "Original" because I think there may have been a breakthrough and we somehow miraculously unlocked the bootloader, or something else ground breaking. This is good and all, but not at the level I was expecting in this section. Again, I could be wrong, if other devs deem this as "Original Development".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danutzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danutzz Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 08:40 PM |#15  
Flag Montrose, CO/ Vero Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Thumbs up
Isn't this the right section? Coming from originally a Nexus S back in the day all we had was a section for Original Android Development, when I jumped over to the GS3 there were two sections, original and then just plain development. Plain development was developing roms around manufacturer software I.e. roms based around Touchwiz, or Touchwiz mods. Original Development was based around original designs based of of AOSP, I.e. CM, AOKP, Paranoid Android, etc. In my opinion he has made a custom script that can be used on most kernels, not locked into Touchwiz, making this his Original Android Development, right? That's just my opinion, once again thanks OP for bringing new development and as you said sharing with everyone else!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amebiasis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amebiasis Ad-Free
31st December 2013, 05:45 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Anyone got any good recommendations for settings on the stock kernel? I haven't really messed with it because coming from the Gnex bot the performance and battery life of this phone just blow it out of the wager.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
31st December 2013, 06:01 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Smash

Anyone got any good recommendations for settings on the stock kernel? I haven't really messed with it because coming from the Gnex bot the performance and battery life of this phone just blow it out of the wager.

What have you as governors and schedulers ?
31st December 2013, 06:03 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthLight

What have you as governors and schedulers ?

Stock so row and on demand.

31st December 2013, 06:19 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Smash

Stock so row and on demand.

If you have no choice ... Cannot do something.

Have you flashed my scripts ?
If yes type :

Code:
su
Architect
Do a screenshot and post here please.
2nd January 2014, 02:40 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 846

More
What is the point to this compared to trickster mod, kernel tuner, set cpu etc etc??
2nd January 2014, 02:51 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag East of Eden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut

What is the point to this compared to trickster mod, kernel tuner, set cpu etc etc??

The same for basic modifications without app.
That mean if you are using scripts in folder init.d, system doesn't open an app for apply modification at boot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)