FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Success story?

YES! Great tutorial!

2,951 Vote(s)
93.30%
NO! ...but I have not read everything carefully...

231 Vote(s)
7.30%

[TUT]Complete upgrading guide (HardSPL+Radio+ROM) NOT FOR CDMA USERS!!!

2,270 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By tnyynt, Retired Senior Moderator on 10th August 2008, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2008, 08:44 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for this tutorial. Now i have a "real" Diamond

13th August 2008, 10:25 PM |#22  

More
I can't upgrade my SPL! It just goes från 0-100% in a flash and doesn't apply to the phone. But the phone gets resetted to original. I have an connected connection to activesync. The phone restarts and then the connection fails. poof 100%. Problem?
14th August 2008, 09:39 PM |#23  

More
The Dugs Baws
Well done buddy- good tutorial and good links.
15th August 2008, 11:44 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Thumbs up First Post: Diamond hangs because of ROM
Hi. First of all, thanks to all of you for this great community, that helped me in so many issues. This is a great community... !

Back to topic: I own the XDA Diamond by o2, I flashed the 137 ROM with the 1.40 HardSPL and the Diamond Project 3.2 ROM an the Radio v1.03.25.18 ROM, and encountered that my Diamond often hanged. I thinked about it and came to the conclusion that it was because of the Radio ROM, so i installed Radio v1.00.25.05 (http://rapidshare.com/files/12959807...1.00.25.05.rar). Now the problem is gone and im happy about a very fast and performant ROM and Radio! THANK YOU!!!

GERMAN:
Hi. Ich möchte mich erstmal bei allen in dieser großartigen Community bedanken, die mir bei so vielen Problemen geholfen hat. Es ist eine echt geile Community... !

Zurück zum Thema: Ich besitze das XDA Diamond von o2, ich hab es vom 137 ROM mit dem 1.40 HardSPL ROM und mit dem Diamond Project 3.2 ROM und dem Radio v1.03.25.18 ROM geflasht, und musste leider feststellen dass es sich sehr oft aufgehängt hat. Ich hab drüber gerätselt und kam zu dem Entschluss dass es wegen der Radio ROM war, also hab ich das empfohlene Radio v1.00.25.05 (http://rapidshare.com/files/12959807...1.00.25.05.rar) installiert und siehe da es funktioniert problemlos, OHNE Hänger. Jetzt freu ich mich über ein schnelles und performantes ROM und Radio. Danke!!!
15th August 2008, 01:32 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnyynt

B. Upgrading Radio (Bible page)

3. Extract the downloaded Custom RUU from step 1 into a new folder on your device;
4. Extract the downloaded Radio version from step 2 in the same folder as the Custom RUU.

I'm just a noob, but from reading another thread about upgrading radio, it said to put the Custom RUU and the Radio in a new folder on the PC. When reading your tutorial, you use the word device, which could be intepreted as the Diamond.

For noobs as me, it could be good to clear this up.

Your tutorial has helped me flash both hSPL and a new ROM, thanks man!
15th August 2008, 01:36 PM |#26  
OP Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by losdrivare

I'm just a noob, but from reading another thread about upgrading radio, it said to put the Custom RUU and the Radio in a new folder on the PC. When reading your tutorial, you use the word device, which could be intepreted as the Diamond.

For noobs as me, it could be good to clear this up.

Your tutorial has helped me flash both hSPL and a new ROM, thanks man!

You are right! Fixed! Thanks for feedback!
15th August 2008, 11:42 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandihellfish

I can't upgrade my SPL! It just goes från 0-100% in a flash and doesn't apply to the phone. But the phone gets resetted to original. I have an connected connection to activesync. The phone restarts and then the connection fails. poof 100%. Problem?

Same problem here.. anyone got a fix? the radio flash worked fine tho..

fixed, full version of SwiftBL didnt work on mine, but the lite did..
16th August 2008, 05:25 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKhalli

Same problem here.. anyone got a fix? the radio flash worked fine tho..

fixed, full version of SwiftBL didnt work on mine, but the lite did..

Just because the tutorial is about one HardSPL it doesn't necessarily mean that eveybody should go with that one. It is stated to use the HardSPL of your choice, while taking into consideration the HardSPL version mentioned in the ROM thread.
16th August 2008, 09:25 AM |#29  

More
Talking
GREAT AFter few days stressful and confused!!!!!!!!!great Problem solve

let test out this ROM see if it stable
[b] htc diamond
1.93 wwe
up to date
16th August 2008, 08:18 PM |#30  

More
vnvmprde,

I'm having trouble updating to HardSPL Olinx 1.4 (Or any other SPL). My Diamond is very new with SPL 1.93 (Just like yours).

My question is: How did you manage to update SPL from 1.93 (is there special trick to it? or What?)

Note: I'm anable to update anything in the diamond and that includes upgrading to officiale HTC ROM.
16th August 2008, 08:20 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad1029

vnvmprde,

I'm having trouble updating to HardSPL Olinx 1.4 (Or any other SPL). My Diamond is very new with SPL 1.93 (Just like yours).

My question is: How did you manage to update SPL from 1.93 (is there special trick to it? or What?)

Note: I'm anable to update anything in the diamond and that includes upgrading to officiale HTC ROM.

Might wanna read this!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)