[Q] unlocking

Search This thread

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Ok, hope I don't get too much heat over this, my old device was a Samsung with unlocked bootloader, so everything was easily flashed.
Anyway, as to the best order of things, I'm still on AT&T 4.2.2 pre camera update, so I easily rooted with with pwnmymoto. I have Xposed installed with a few modules.

For the unlock steps -looks like this is the best guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51363645&postcount=394 and using: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-c

Q: Is my recovery from pwnmymoto "stock" as it needs to be for unlocking process?

Can I just uncheck/disable the modules I have with xposed, or do I need to delete the framework? (which sounds like the only way is to use RSD to install the original ROM?)

Should I also unfreeze any files? (I think I only froze the one's related to motorola OTA)

My intent is to get to 4.4.2, and I know it's optimal to remove things from pwnmymoto (I know unlocking will wipe everything but my ROM), so probably after I've installed TWRP and rooted, to flash the file for AT&T 4.4.2 http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/-t2688009 or does it need to be incremental, as I'm on 4.2 (i.e flash 4.2 camera update, then 4.4, etc.) -sorry if I seem a bit confused :confused:

Thanks in advance! :) any and all help is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Hopefully not too many questions -if any has the best suggestion for any, would be great :)

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Hopefully not too many questions -if any has the best suggestion for any, would be great :)

Just to be clear if you eant 4.4.2 stock use the xposed framework disabler, it said leaving the modules was ok according to the link you posted. I don't know personally.

But honestly if your unlocking the bootloader then just go to 4.4.2 first then unlock since you'll lose everything. I believe bootloader unlock wipes the system parition too. I don't know for sure.

Reactions: M973

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Just to be clear if you eant 4.4.2 stock use the xposed framework disabler, it said leaving the modules was ok according to the link you posted. I don't know personally.

But honestly if your unlocking the bootloader then just go to 4.4.2 first then unlock since you'll lose everything. I believe bootloader unlock wipes the system parition too. I don't know for sure.

I think 4.4.2 isn't fully released yet OTA for AT&T, so it would be flashing to stock and taking each OTA in sequence to 4.4 I think? I believe the framework disabler is a zip that needs to be flashed, so that would only be after I have a custom recovery.

I just don't want to mess up anything, want to make sure I have the right recovery for unlocking, and that I've disabled anything that could cause an issue.

Edit: from the pwnmymoto thread, Jcase writes: "In the process we remove stock recovery, so OTAs will not be a worry."
I guess that means i don't have stock recovery?

Edit: I was thinking I needed stock recovery, I guess I just need fastboot which is what I have?
I just want to make sure, if anyone has unlocked from pwnmymoto
Thanks

Last edited:

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I think 4.4.2 isn't fully released yet OTA for AT&T, so it would be flashing to stock and taking each OTA in sequence to 4.4 I think? I believe the framework disabler is a zip that needs to be flashed, so that would only be after I have a custom recovery.

I just don't want to mess up anything, want to make sure I have the right recovery for unlocking, and that I've disabled anything that could cause an issue.

Edit: from the pwnmymoto thread, Jcase writes: "In the process we remove stock recovery, so OTAs will not be a worry."
I guess that means i don't have stock recovery?

Edit: I was thinking I needed stock recovery, I guess I just need fastboot which is what I have?
I just want to make sure, if anyone has unlocked from pwnmymoto
Thanks

np problem bro, happy rooting! may the flash be ever in your favor :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.