4.3 bootloader doesnt boot up 4.1 nor 4.4.2 tw!!

Search This thread

afaneh92

Account currently disabled
Jul 31, 2012
Hello, I had figuared a trick to remove 4.3 ramdisk and replace it with 4.1 and 4.4 tw ramdisk by safestrap.
it work yes it realy work :laugh:
but unluckly it doesnt boot vzw stock 4.1 nor sprint 4.4.2 stock tw its stuck at black screen.
If some dev intersted I will post the patch.
any suggestion and information are welcomed.

Mtsprite

Oct 2, 2013
Houston
Hello, I had figuared a trick to remove 4.3 ramdisk and replace it with 4.1 and 4.4 tw ramdisk by safestrap.
it work yes it realy work :laugh:
but unluckly it doesnt boot vzw stock 4.1 nor sprint 4.4.2 stock tw its stuck at black screen.
If some dev intersted I will post the patch.
any suggestion and information are welcomed.

i believe that the ramdisk is one of the files that gets checked when the phone boots up on the 4.3 bootloader. Im not a dev, i just know alot, so feel free to correct me on this.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
i believe that the ramdisk is one of the files that gets checked when the phone boots up on the 4.3 bootloader. Im not a dev, i just know alot, so feel free to correct me on this.

Ramdisk in another word "initramfs", abbreviated from "initial*ram file system", is the successor of*initrd. It is a*cpioarchive of the initial*file system*that gets loaded into memory during the*Linux startup process. The*Linux kernel*mounts it as*root file system*and starts the*initprocess from it. This will complete certain tasks before the real root file system is loaded; thus, initramfs needs to contain all of the*device driversand tools needed to mount the real root filesystem.

Source wikipedia.

Every rom has its own initramfs so can loaded at device start.
As I had compiled kernels for galaxy s variant, I had used same kernel with different ramdisks to boot cm10, 10.1 , 10.2 and 11.
Check my signature.

Will uploud a patched safestrap apk so some body with unlocked bootloader can test if can dual boot 4.1 and 4.3 and maybe kitkat soon.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Ramdisk in another word "initramfs", abbreviated from "initial*ram file system", is the successor of*initrd. It is a*cpioarchive of the initial*file system*that gets loaded into memory during the*Linux startup process. The*Linux kernel*mounts it as*root file system*and starts the*initprocess from it. This will complete certain tasks before the real root file system is loaded; thus, initramfs needs to contain all of the*device driversand tools needed to mount the real root filesystem.

Source wikipedia.

Every rom has its own initramfs so can loaded at device start.
As I had compiled kernels for galaxy s variant, I had used same kernel with different ramdisks to boot cm10, 10.1 , 10.2 and 11.
Check my signature.

Will uploud a patched safestrap apk so some body with unlocked bootloader can test if can dual boot 4.1 and 4.3 and maybe kitkat soon.

There are already a couple dual boot recoveries out for the unlocked people. Just make sure if you do modify and upload safestrap you get permission from the creator. Its kind of rude to modify and hand out other peoples work even if you give credit where credit is do unless you ask first.

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
There are already a couple dual boot recoveries out for the unlocked people. Just make sure if you do modify and upload safestrap you get permission from the creator. Its kind of rude to modify and hand out other peoples work even if you give credit where credit is do unless you ask first.

I know there is a couple of dual boot recoveries for unlocked people.
In first order my goal is to make it work for people with locked bootloader like me.
Second, I wont upload safestrap without get permission from @Hashcode ;) and make sure it fully safe and stable.

Reactions: ThePagel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know there is a couple of dual boot recoveries for unlocked people.
    In first order my goal is to make it work for people with locked bootloader like me.
    Second, I wont upload safestrap without get permission from @Hashcode ;) and make sure it fully safe and stable.