[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.2_r5]CypherOS 3.6.2 Macchiato[Victara]

Search This thread

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
3vjolGj.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to pure Android. CypherOS tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated weekly. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
your device maintainer for more information. Please know builds are updated by 12am
EST.

Become apart of the G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
- Status bar Customization
  • - Quick Pulldown (Right, Left, Always)
  • - Smart Pulldown
  • - Network Traffic
  • - Clock Positions
  • - Etc.
- Quick Settings
  • - Enable or disable data on tap
  • - Layout Customization
- System
  • PowerMenu Custimization

Credits
CyanogenMod
Paranoid Android
AICP
PureNexus
AOKP
Dirty Unicorns
and more..

Sources
Kernel
Device tree

Note: I do not have this device yet! If anyone willing to flash and provide screenshots, that would be much appreciated

XDA:DevDB Information
CypherOS, ROM for the Moto X 2014

Contributors
sirhc
Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.5
Stable Release Date: 2016-12-26

Created 2016-07-07
Last Updated 2017-04-22

Last edited:
G

GuestK00253

Seems to be based on AICP, at least i found the same errors.

Brightness-control doesn't work correctly, ambient display is not in the settings and not working. Navbar is disabled on first boot, the vibration while tiping is strangely strong compared to cm and any other roms.

Featurewise, this rom looks super awesome. I would love to see these bugs fixed! Let me know if i can help you with that, the rom looks like it has the potential to become a daily driver.

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Seems to be based on AICP, at least i found the same errors.

Brightness-control doesn't work correctly, ambient display is not in the settings and not working. Navbar is disabled on first boot, the vibration while tiping is strangely strong compared to cm and any other roms.

Featurewise, this rom looks super awesome. I would love to see these bugs fixed! Let me know if i can help you with that, the rom looks like it has the potential to become a daily driver.
Yea im supposed to have this device next week but until then i couldnt test anything myself. Its more so CM but pieces of AICP and we use their vendor stuff for this device. I'll look into these issues and if you come across any more bugs let me know

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ~Cristiano
G

GuestK00253

Yea im supposed to have this device next week but until then i couldnt test anything myself. Its more so CM but pieces of AICP and we use their vendor stuff for this device. I'll look into these issues and if you come across any more bugs let me know

Alright, would be great if you can fix it then. (I really just want a stable rom with floating windows included lol)

vok01

Jun 23, 2012
Death Island
Ambient display is working in this rom?
I cant activate it :(

Pick and Wave are disabled

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160707-203942.png
    Screenshot_20160707-203942.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 4,327

vok01

Jun 23, 2012
Death Island
It should be in display settings

Display Settings only has this options:

- LiveDisplay
- LCD density
- Rotation
- Sleep
- Wake on plug
- Cast
- Wallpaper
- Expanded Desktop
- Daydream
- Font size

I was looking there but i couldnt find that.
Sorry for the question, maybe its too easy activate but I didnt see when I configure my device

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
Display Settings only has this options:

- LiveDisplay
- LCD density
- Rotation
- Sleep
- Wake on plug
- Cast
- Wallpaper
- Expanded Desktop
- Daydream
- Font size

I was looking there but i couldnt find that.
Sorry for the question, maybe its too easy activate but I didnt see when I configure my device
No youre right its not there. Thanks for pointing that out

vjruso

Oct 12, 2013
I tell you my experience. There are some things out there like , not having the option to activate the automatic brightness. I can not find the ambient display , as indicated above up. Rom promising . To expect future updates :) . Great work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3vjolGj.png

This is CypherOS. An extension to pure Android. CypherOS tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Get your builds and changelog from our website
    get.cypheros.co

Note: Builds are updated weekly. Information pertaining to your device is displayed
    Accordingly. The current build is the latest for your device. If your device is
    scheduled to release on a certain day, but the new build isn't displaying, contact
    your device maintainer for more information. Please know builds are updated by 12am
    EST.

Become apart of the G+ community - JOIN

REMINDER

If you're having issues and want to submit a report (Logcat) please make sure you are reporting from the stock kernel, not a modified kernel. Modified kernels can break or fix, even improve things. It depends. I can't get a full clue of the issue when you're not running the original kernel.

Features:
    - Status bar Customization
    • - Quick Pulldown (Right, Left, Always)
    • - Smart Pulldown
    • - Network Traffic
    • - Clock Positions
    • - Etc.
    - Quick Settings
    • - Enable or disable data on tap
    • - Layout Customization
    - System
    • PowerMenu Custimization

Credits
    CyanogenMod
    Paranoid Android
    AICP
    PureNexus
    AOKP
    Dirty Unicorns
    and more..

Sources
    Kernel
    Device tree

Note: I do not have this device yet! If anyone willing to flash and provide screenshots, that would be much appreciated

XDA:DevDB Information
    CypherOS, ROM for the Moto X 2014

Contributors
    sirhc
    Source Code: https://github.com/CypherOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.5
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-26

Created 2016-07-07
    Last Updated 2017-04-22
    3.6.2 is available
    Unfortantely I had high hopes for this ROM after the cyanogenmod fiasco and for the most part was left slightly disappointed.

The ROM is extremely fast and performs well on my XT1095,
    the problem came with the random quirks;

- charging comes in and out while plugged in
    - camera freezes the phone into a reboot
    - minor minor glitches

This was also a clean install of the ROM after I did a
    complete WIPE on the device.

I'll keep updated with this thread.
    Wanna no why there's issues with this device? Because no one gives a log. We've stated numerous times, if no log is provided, the issue will not be fixed and the report will be ignored.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Thread Updated
    Permissive.

3.6 is great my only issue isn't directly related to CypherOS. CypherOS doesn't have root built in. Our only root option is SuperSU which isn't opensource. Magisk doesn't work with our Moto Xs. Tried flashing LineageOS's root but it doesn't show up in Developer options to control it.

I'll work on possibly adding support for Lineage's root method. We went rootless due to the fact with Android being more about security, more apps are blocking out users with root. This is poor UX and we prefer the user to choose whether they want root or not.