[Q] Apple Mac OSX & Support for MTP

Search This thread

BergenLarsen

I have spent many hours traulling the net, scanning through forums across multiple websites and found no information on how to make my device which in its current software incarnation currently seems to only allow MTP as the option for transferring data via the USB cable to and from my Mac running OSX 1.7.3. :confused:

Please note, that that google app for file transfers DOES NOT WORK (for me). I cannot get it to work no matter which god I've prayed to or what kinda dance I did. So I looked for alternatives.

ADB worked, but I got tired of ADB to push files across (which is effective, but not what I would call fun). I came across MacPort, giving us ports of Linux/Unix stuff in the world of OSX. YAY! :D

Found that the various libraries for MTP and MTP-FS was ported! YAY!

After installing the hell out of macport (found: www macports org) and runing the updates.

Drop to the command line and then run these commands once:

Code:
sudo port install libmtp
sudo port install mtpfs

Every time you load your device:

Code:
sudo mtpfs

Awesome! Progress, plug in the device and run mtpfs. But then I get this:

Code:
bergenmacbook:Applications bergenlarsen$ sudo mtpfs
Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus.
   Found 1 device(s):
   Samsung: GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus (04e8:6860) @ bus 250, dev 6
Attempting to connect device
PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
inep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): Operation timed out
outep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): Operation timed out
LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
Unable to open raw device -208647360

I'm running MIUI v4 (2.4.13) with Siyah Kernel (currently 3.1RC5).

Help?

scandiun

Jul 12, 2010
I have spent many hours traulling the net, scanning through forums across multiple websites and found no information on how to make my device which in its current software incarnation currently seems to only allow MTP as the option for transferring data via the USB cable to and from my Mac running OSX 1.7.3. :confused:

Please note, that that google app for file transfers DOES NOT WORK (for me). I cannot get it to work no matter which god I've prayed to or what kinda dance I did. So I looked for alternatives.

ADB worked, but I got tired of ADB to push files across (which is effective, but not what I would call fun). I came across MacPort, giving us ports of Linux/Unix stuff in the world of OSX. YAY! :D

Found that the various libraries for MTP and MTP-FS was ported! YAY!

After installing the hell out of macport (found: www macports org) and runing the updates.

Drop to the command line and then run these commands once:

Code:
sudo port install libmtp
sudo port install mtpfs

Every time you load your device:

Code:
sudo mtpfs

Awesome! Progress, plug in the device and run mtpfs. But then I get this:

Code:
bergenmacbook:Applications bergenlarsen$ sudo mtpfs
Listing raw device(s)
Device 0 (VID=04e8 and PID=6860) is a Samsung GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus.
   Found 1 device(s):
   Samsung: GT-P7510/Galaxy Tab 10.1/S2/GT-N7000/Galaxy Nexus (04e8:6860) @ bus 250, dev 6
Attempting to connect device
PTP_ERROR_IO: failed to open session, trying again after resetting USB interface
LIBMTP libusb: Attempt to reset device
inep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): Operation timed out
outep: usb_get_endpoint_status(): Operation timed out
LIBMTP PANIC: failed to open session on second attempt
Unable to open raw device -208647360

I'm running MIUI v4 (2.4.13) with Siyah Kernel (currently 3.1RC5).

Help?
Tried installing gvfs-gphoto2 and nautilus?

Read more here:
How To: Fix Samsung Galaxy Nexus MTP File Transfer for Ubuntu GNU/Linux 11.10