[Q] No LTE. Only H+. Please help!

Search This thread

cmilnerrr

Feb 22, 2014
I have an unlocked gs4 from Verizon and I am attempting to use it on Bell Mobility in Canada. I have an LTE sim card which I know works for LTE because I tried it on a note2 which is locked to bell. My apn is set up properly and I can get data but only H or H+. When I try to change the preferred connection to cdma/lte my signal bars go away and they are replaced with the no signal symbol, circle with a line through it. It must be a setting in the phone somewhere but I'm out of ideas. Hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.

I'm a noob when it comes to adroid so go easy on me lol.

cmlucht

Jul 21, 2007
spokane
I have an unlocked gs4 from Verizon and I am attempting to use it on Bell Mobility in Canada. I have an LTE sim card which I know works for LTE because I tried it on a note2 which is locked to bell. My apn is set up properly and I can get data but only H or H+. When I try to change the preferred connection to cdma/lte my signal bars go away and they are replaced with the no signal symbol, circle with a line through it. It must be a setting in the phone somewhere but I'm out of ideas. Hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.

I'm a noob when it comes to adroid so go easy on me lol.

i had to download the phone info app and change the radio to lte/gsm auto prl and lte started working after reboot.

cmilnerrr

Feb 22, 2014
Good luck bud

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So get this...
I planned on re-selling the phone to my american friend who happened to be on verizon. So I did the factory data reset to send him a nice clean device. Just for kicks i decided to try one more time to connect to lte. I put the in the Bell LTE sim, configured APN, and selected LTE network connection... and nothing. However, there is an extra setting in there that says "Global", which was there before the reset but never worked. Pressed that... BOOM!.. LTE.

Don't know how or why it worked this time, but I'm happy.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
So get this...
I planned on re-selling the phone to my american friend who happened to be on verizon. So I did the factory data reset to send him a nice clean device. Just for kicks i decided to try one more time to connect to lte. I put the in the Bell LTE sim, configured APN, and selected LTE network connection... and nothing. However, there is an extra setting in there that says "Global", which was there before the reset but never worked. Pressed that... BOOM!.. LTE.

Don't know how or why it worked this time, but I'm happy.

That's awesome man !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk