[Q] Phone keeps shutting down. Three vibrations

Search This thread

miller1323

Oct 13, 2013
St leonards on sea
My Xperia Sp brought on contract from EE was working fine until earlier this week. The phone had 30% charge left when the phone shutdown. When i went to turn it back on, the phone vibrated three times and nothing happened. I tried plugging the phone into the mains and charging but the phone kept vibrating in a series of three vibrations. I tried the common answer to any problem with this phone and held the power off button at the back in and pressed the on button but this didn't work. I have also tried other combos such as the one Sony emailed me which was to hold power up followed by the on button but this did not work. The next day the phone magically turned on and i used this as an opportunity to back up my data off the internal memory and re-flash the stock android 4.3(12.1.A.0.266). The phone lasted a couple of hours but then did the same as before and kept vibrating. I left the phone a bit and when i got it to power on again, i flashed android 4.1.2 (12.0.A.2.245) onto the phone. The phone worked for only an hour before shutting down again and not turning on. I have tried various shops in my town, the first said they think it is software but they couldn't fix it, the second said it is a battery issue but they would have to order in a new battery and I also tried EE who refused to even look at it as my contract didn't come with warranty. Sony have emailed me back asking me to send it off to them, but i have no proof of purchase so that is out of the question. I have also searched Google for hours trying to find a solution but the only on that sounded remotely like my issue was apparently a sleep problem, but this is clearly not the case. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give to me about this issue. Thanks in advance to any help given:)

Reactions: teddy74eva

teddy74eva

Oct 17, 2012
Ryglice
Phone is vibrating when you push and hold the off button under the back of the phone, it may be broken and its hardware issue, you must take it to sony centre

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: miller1323

teddy74eva

Oct 17, 2012
Ryglice
If you bought it recently just take it back in warranty. Have you ever used that off button? Because my friend had xperia z ultra and he used it ONCE and it broke and sony didnt give him warranty
Sorry for my english, im doing my best:)

miller1323

Oct 13, 2013
St leonards on sea
If you bought it recently just take it back in warranty. Have you ever used that off button? Because my friend had xperia z ultra and he used it ONCE and it broke and sony didnt give him warranty
Sorry for my english, im doing my best:)

I brought the phone last october after my first sp(red) stopped charging as the usb port got damaged. I have used that button loads of times before using pens, pins and even a ds stylus to use it. The slight cover on that button has gone as a result.

Aguedzesunshine

Mar 22, 2015
My Xperia Sp brought on contract from EE was working fine until earlier this week. The phone had 30% charge left when the phone shutdown. When i went to turn it back on, the phone vibrated three times and nothing happened. I tried plugging the phone into the mains and charging but the phone kept vibrating in a series of three vibrations. I tried the common answer to any problem with this phone and held the power off button at the back in and pressed the on button but this didn't work. I have also tried other combos such as the one Sony emailed me which was to hold power up followed by the on button but this did not work. The next day the phone magically turned on and i used this as an opportunity to back up my data off the internal memory and re-flash the stock android 4.3(12.1.A.0.266). The phone lasted a couple of hours but then did the same as before and kept vibrating. I left the phone a bit and when i got it to power on again, i flashed android 4.1.2 (12.0.A.2.245) onto the phone. The phone worked for only an hour before shutting down again and not turning on. I have tried various shops in my town, the first said they think it is software but they couldn't fix it, the second said it is a battery issue but they would have to order in a new battery and I also tried EE who refused to even look at it as my contract didn't come with warranty. Sony have emailed me back asking me to send it off to them, but i have no proof of purchase so that is out of the question. I have also searched Google for hours trying to find a solution but the only on that sounded remotely like my issue was apparently a sleep problem, but this is clearly not the case. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give to me about this issue. Thanks in advance to any help given:)

Please is your problem solved how was it done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phone is vibrating when you push and hold the off button under the back of the phone, it may be broken and its hardware issue, you must take it to sony centre