LTE bug

Search This thread

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
Hi I seem to have a problem getting LTE. I'm using a galaxy s3 i747m on Fido and I'm using stock Rogers ROM. I have a problem with LTE. I used to get it everywhere most of the time but it now only works once in a while. When I do finally get LTE it only works 30% of the time. I have full signal LTE but it doesn't load any webpages or anything. Once and a while it does though. I have tried bootloaders, modems, different Roms and I can seem to solve this problem. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks. I need my stable LTE back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

sasuke2388

Jun 9, 2010
By modems do you mean basebands?
Have you look into your Access Point settings and preferred network type?

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
Yes by modems I mean basebands. My network type is LTE,3g, 2g. My APN is right. I can get LTE but when I do nothing loads at all. I have tried different Roms, different modems, different kernels and nothing seems to work. I did have LTE that worked before though.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Yes by modems I mean basebands. My network type is LTE,3g, 2g. My APN is right. I can get LTE but when I do nothing loads at all. I have tried different Roms, different modems, different kernels and nothing seems to work. I did have LTE that worked before though.

When did it stop working? Do you remember what was done to the phone?

If nothing particular was done before that happened, you might wanna give Fido a call so they can check your connectivity and perhaps get a new sim card.

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
Well it stopped once flashed aokp ROM. I have a cut some card so that could be the cause unfortunately. I'll try a new simcard and see if that fixes it. I might also try flashing back to complete stock but I'm not too sure if that would help at all. I remember having LTE as soon as I turned it on and now it never turns on.

Thanks for the info!

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Well it stopped once flashed aokp ROM. I have a cut some card so that could be the cause unfortunately. I'll try a new simcard and see if that fixes it. I might also try flashing back to complete stock but I'm not too sure if that would help at all. I remember having LTE as soon as I turned it on and now it never turns on.

Thanks for the info!

You can backup your stuff, fully wipe and go on from there. Worth giving it a shot before changing your sim card.

Reactions: pjcordi

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
I actually swapped the Sim card and that didn't seem to work. I'm just going to go back to complete stock and see if that works.

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
I went back to stock and I still can't get let. Do you think it would be a good idea to change my flash counter back to zero? Nothing seems to be work and I know my phone doesn't have a problem. It has to have something to do with what I'm flashing. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Free mobile app

R5R

Oct 25, 2010
Montreal
+1 I'm on rogers I'm having the same problem :/ maybe its carrier related. I flashed the 4.4.2 rom then odined back to stock, thats when it started. IMEI seems intact aswell. Modem is good. Any ideas?

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
+1 I'm on rogers I'm having the same problem :/ maybe its carrier related. I flashed the 4.4.2 rom then odined back to stock, thats when it started. IMEI seems intact aswell. Modem is good. Any ideas?

I have literally tried everything lol. I think it has something to do with our phones picking up the wrong signal. I live in Mississauga Ontario and I get LTE in the middle of the city but it doesn't connect at all. All it does is take forever to load a page and times out.

pjcordi

Sep 21, 2012
So I fixed the issue. I added another APN to my settings. So I have two ltemobile.apn for fido. I turned off the phone removed the sim. Turned the phone back on without the sim and entered service mode *#2263# and I put it to LTE all in the settings. I then turned the phone off and turned it back on with the sim and lte is working and my speeds are back. After that was all done I entered back to service mode *#2263# and put the network back to automatic all and now the phone automatically connects to LTE when I want it to.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for the info!

You can backup your stuff, fully wipe and go on from there. Worth giving it a shot before changing your sim card.