[APP][ICS only] [X/HDPI/qHD] >> LG UI 3.0 << [JB-PREVIEW]

Search This thread

Impact7

Can you tell me how to do that??and cool s4

Resizing is much more simple than you think.
All you need is the apk, a zip tool like 7zip and a resize tool.
First extract the apk with 7zip (winrar,...) Then go to the folder res and resize every neccessary png to your resolution. But here comes the biggest problem. You need to test almost every png because nobody except LG knows the correct resolutions for every png.

If you did this all, open the apk with 7zip ( just open, not extract) and pull in the new res folder you edited before. 7zip will automaticaly change the pngs in the zipped apk.

If you need some more information or an video tutorial, go to youtube. There are hundreds of videos^^

SearchEngine

Mar 5, 2013
Athens
Resizing is much more simple than you think.
All you need is the apk, a zip tool like 7zip and a resize tool.
First extract the apk with 7zip (winrar,...) Then go to the folder res and resize every neccessary png to your resolution. But here comes the biggest problem. You need to test almost every png because nobody except LG knows the correct resolutions for every png.

If you did this all, open the apk with 7zip ( just open, not extract) and pull in the new res folder you edited before. 7zip will automaticaly change the pngs in the zipped apk.

If you need some more information or an video tutorial, go to youtube. There are hundreds of videos^^

I did everything you said I replased the files with another revolution I placed the file in system/app I fixed permissions and when I press the home button it doesn't work can you help me??

Impact7

I did everything you said I replased the files with another revolution I placed the file in system/app I fixed permissions and when I press the home button it doesn't work can you help me??

Maybe your old launcher has default setting activated. Go to settings > applications and delete that at your current one.
If that doesn't work I will look at it when i'm back from work.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using tapatalk

abeeshek

Apr 18, 2011
Mumbai
please provide the latest QHD version too...

hv tried hdpi !!!! i really liked the perfomance but as per the wrong res home screen doesnt fit properly as expected :( (did tried changing the dpi using xposed frmwork but that didnt helped)would really appriciate if u can provide QHD version as well :)

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

please provide the latest QHD version too...

hv tried hdpi !!!! i really liked the perfomance but as per the wrong res home screen doesnt fit properly as expected :( (did tried changing the dpi using xposed frmwork but that didnt helped)would really appriciate if u can provide QHD version as well :) :cyclops:

FREDLIVE38

May 21, 2012
Hello,

I wanted to know if you have ported the jellybean version of lg ui in QHD ? And, if with a great thanks, you can put this version available in the forum ?

your faithfully :laugh:

FREDLIVE38

May 21, 2012
lg ui jb in qhd

Sry but I didn't make one.
But you just need to resize every picture in LGHome/res to ldpi if you want to do it yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using tapatalk

Hello,

I wanted to know if you can to port the jellybean version of lg ui in QHD ? And, if with a great thanks, you can put this version available in the forum ?

your faithfully

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have a look here for the brand new JB version: HERE

Hello guys
    I want to provide you the new LG launcher and weather widget. I revised them so everything works perfect :)
    Launcher and widget are only for HDPI, XHDPI or qHD devices!

>>UPDATE<<

LG UI 3.0 version 3.0

NEW LAUNCHER NEEDS NEW THEMES!! WEATHER WIDGET STAYS THE SAME!!

If you update the launcher:
    1. Remove the old version (launcher and themes)
    2. Reboot your device
    3. Copy the files to system/app
    4. Fix permissions
    5. Reboot your device again

HDPI: http://impact7.minus.com/mw0rki0aE/1g
    XHDPI: http://impact7.minus.com/mbam9CZ8Nm/1g
    qHD: http://impact7.minus.com/mfhz0FlDS/1g

The widget only works with the new LG launcher.

Installation guide:
    1. Push the .apk to system/app
    2. Fix permissions (rw-r--r--)
    3. Reboot your device
    3.1 Maybe you have to wipe dalvik cache so the phone recognize the apps

BUGS:
    -FC after reboot or "rotation"
    DO NOT INSTALL THE APPS! JUST PUSH!

(by tonyp)
    Here are a couple flashable zips for an easier installation of the LG UI 3.0
    HDPI version currently only (feel free to use these zips to create installers for the other versions):
    LG UI 3.0 with the stock app drawer icon
    LG UI 3.0 with this new icon
    Weather Widget
    They should work on every LG Optimus Speed variant, for phones with other chipsets you might have to swap in another updater-binary file.

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/

Mirror:
    http://tonyp.hopto.org/

credits go to
    hei1125 for 1st edition

Thanks to P500, mich011 for testing!
    Special Thanks to asdfzz for prevent me to go crazy^^
    Again special thanks to tonyp for his work with this launcher!

Have fun!
    Hey guys
    I decided that the next release will be the last one so I will try to fix every bug, speed up the launcher, and implent some features. Afterwards I´ll start with a complete new project I wanted to do since more than 6 months.
    So the last version will take again some time. I hope you understand this and will be happy then with the new version.

Until then, have fun.
    As I was a little annoyed by the amount of people who didn't get this to work and blamed me or my ROM for it, I decided to create a flashable zip installer ;)
    If that's okay for you Impact7 I'll publish it here, all credits to him.

HDPI version only currently, I can create them for the other versions as well later if requested.

I made two versions, one with the stock app drawer icon and the "newicon" one with the Icon tenchu_712 posted here:
    post-1586-0-02830300-1326249375.png

I resized that icon to 96x96 to use it in the xhdpi folder.

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/PARANOIDANDROID/addons

Cheers
    weather widget is huuuuuge.. :p, i don't know if I have enough space on /system. shall i put it to /data?

Thanks for the launcher btw

Never tested but it should work.. it doesn´t need root access normaly^^
    @Impact7!

I would ask you, how did you extracted the launcher from a rom? I tried it, too, I downloaded the L5's kdz, unpacked, but I couldn't open system.img... Did you do this way?

i extracted launcher from L5 rom (apk and odex).
    So now someone have to "mod" it like HDPI one for make it works,i dont know how :D (also weather widget)

I look inside LGHome.apk and i see mdpi folders :)

EDIT: added weatherwidget
    I can deodex apk and odex but i dont know how to continue.