Gadget Shieldz

Search This thread

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Hi, anyone tried using Gadget Shieldz? I am planning to get one and will try to post a review once it arrives.

Here's the link:
http://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-skins-screen-protectors-covers-cases-shields.html

If anyone experienced using them, kindly leave your feedbacks. Thanks!

I have received mine today but I won't be applying it til Monday so until then I would also like some sort of review? :)

And this photo too... https://www.evernote.com/shard/s68/...73f0dbc0531e/ce4f433e908191be97ebe8af93a5d55a

Note: Although it says wet apply it doesn't actually come with any cleaning cloth, squeegee or spray ... but the cut seems very nice and I like how it is fully cut around the font facing camera and speaker

Attachments

• IMG-20111231-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20111231-WA0006.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG-20111231-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20111231-WA0005.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

snidrx

Dec 16, 2011
Melbourne
now i am wondering how to apply this stuff without the squeegee and spray bottle. :) will just wait for your review then :)

phiquantu

Apr 3, 2011
Shipped fron India? Do you really have to import a screen protector? Why don't you just put it on and post a review, because you're prolly the first and only one.

meeporox

Apr 4, 2008
Newcastle
now i am wondering how to apply this stuff without the squeegee and spray bottle. :) will just wait for your review then :)

of course you have to buy your own spray bottle, create spray solution (quite easy actually). Use credit card as the squeegee.

It is a common practice by some seller/manufacturer to save the money.

:p

snidrx

Dec 16, 2011
Melbourne
I am preparing a short photo review as of the moment. Good thing I have this spare spray bottle with leftover solution from my previous skinomi screen protector. I got mine from a local authorized reseller. Will update you guys in a while, then a follow up after 24hrs when the solution and protector totally cures.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I work at the carphone warehouse in the UK and we are an authorized re-seller of ZAGG, but I hate how their protectors look! SO I have decided to give this a go, I am going to wait til I am in work tomorrow tho so I can use our squeegee and spray :)

snidrx

Dec 16, 2011
Melbourne
Mini Review and Installation

The bad.
It only comes with the Gadget Shieldz. No squeegee and no solution spray.
The good.
It is clear, very thin, no yellowish tint and cut precisely.

01gadgetshieldz.jpg

Prep Up. If it is your first time to install a wet apply screen protector, I highly recommend removing the battery.

02prepup.jpg

Clean the screen. I used wet and dry wipes and blow up dust particles with my rocket blower.

03wipeemup.jpg

Squeaky Clean.

04squeakyclean.jpg

Spray the whole film with solution or water on the sticky side. Line em up. You won't have a hard time aligning this thing because its nearly the same cut as the screen. Just align the earpiece and camera hole as a guide.

05lineemup.jpg

Don't forget to squeegee out excess solution/water to lessen water haze and bubbles. Technique is to squeegee it out with a plastic card wrapped in a lint free cloth.

07keepemdry.jpg

Waiting starts. Allow the film to dry and cure itself for about 24hours. Don't squeeze out and put too much pressure on the film.

08waitingstarts.jpg

Some water haze after installation. After 30mins almost 85% of the haze and tiny bubbles were gone.

waterhazered.jpg

waterhazewhite.jpg

I am still thinking if I will install the whole kit. I am planning to set the other pieces as a guide for a carbon fiber skin. The film looks great! It is barely there and you wont feel any grippy sensation when swiping back and fort. Unlike the Skinomi and Zagg that I tried before. There is a slight orange peel effect but it is because of squeegeeing out excess solution. I'll get back in 24 hours to upload another shot with the film fully cured.

Feel free to ask any questions! =)

white_android

Jun 15, 2012
Great review!

Awesome review.

I'll get back in 24 hours to upload another shot with the film fully cured

I am interested in seeing the updated images if you still got them ;)

I also have a few questions which I'll ask when you reply to this post so that I don't waste my energy typing in a dead thread ;)

Shipped fron India? Do you really have to import a screen protector? Why don't you just put it on and post a review, because you're prolly the first and only one.

What makes you think Indians can't produce quality products? People like you are the reason why we have to spend so much on stuff that costs nothing. A screen protector is a screen protector no matter how you market or advertise it.

Last edited:

DrZen

Jul 6, 2012
Thanks for posting the mini-review. I've been obsessively researching the various wet-install options, and had narrowed down my options to XO skin, SGP flex, and now this one. For such a good price, I'm going to try the GadgetShieldz. It helps that I happen to be in India for a couple months. I have the original squeegee that came with the Zagg shield (installed on my old Zune), so I'm good to go.

Would appreciate some post-install high-res photos, if you see this post. Thanks again.

ashkala

Aug 18, 2012
Delhi
Screen Protector

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have also ordered the same screen protector for my Nexus.
It would be my first time in applying one and I have certain points to I'm bothered about -

1) I don't happen to have any leftover solution as @snidrx and also do not know how to make one.
2) The swipes and the rocket blower are also missing.
3) any other points to be kept in mind.

Kindly guide me how to go about it and if its safe to have so much liquid around my device. I mean I am concerned if it might enter the main circuitry from the sides.

Thanks.

UngerButz

May 2, 2011
Kölle
OnePlus 9 Pro
Steam up your Bathroom, so there is no dust in the air.

I've heard the solution is easily made out of water and just a little bit of soap. But please wait until someone can confirm.

greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The bad.
    It only comes with the Gadget Shieldz. No squeegee and no solution spray.
    The good.
    It is clear, very thin, no yellowish tint and cut precisely.

01gadgetshieldz.jpg

Prep Up. If it is your first time to install a wet apply screen protector, I highly recommend removing the battery.

02prepup.jpg

Clean the screen. I used wet and dry wipes and blow up dust particles with my rocket blower.

03wipeemup.jpg

Squeaky Clean.

04squeakyclean.jpg

Spray the whole film with solution or water on the sticky side. Line em up. You won't have a hard time aligning this thing because its nearly the same cut as the screen. Just align the earpiece and camera hole as a guide.

05lineemup.jpg

Don't forget to squeegee out excess solution/water to lessen water haze and bubbles. Technique is to squeegee it out with a plastic card wrapped in a lint free cloth.

07keepemdry.jpg

Waiting starts. Allow the film to dry and cure itself for about 24hours. Don't squeeze out and put too much pressure on the film.

08waitingstarts.jpg

Some water haze after installation. After 30mins almost 85% of the haze and tiny bubbles were gone.

waterhazered.jpg

waterhazewhite.jpg

I am still thinking if I will install the whole kit. I am planning to set the other pieces as a guide for a carbon fiber skin. The film looks great! It is barely there and you wont feel any grippy sensation when swiping back and fort. Unlike the Skinomi and Zagg that I tried before. There is a slight orange peel effect but it is because of squeegeeing out excess solution. I'll get back in 24 hours to upload another shot with the film fully cured.