599 posts
Thanks Meter: 652

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2012, 03:30 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sub Zero Issue
I linked a value so that anytime Lux reads 0 lx it sets to -40%. The problem is that about 90% of the apps on the phone then open up completely black. If the value is anything above sub-zero all programs work fine. I also noticed that the sub-zero issue only occurs when in portrait mode and if I flip the phone to landscape it goes away. I'm running a Rooted Stock Galaxy S3 on Verizon w/ Stock Launcher and the newest paid version of Lux on the market any idea what could be causing this?

26th October 2012, 03:47 PM |#122  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMag05

I linked a value so that anytime Lux reads 0 lx it sets to -40%. The problem is that about 90% of the apps on the phone then open up completely black. If the value is anything above sub-zero all programs work fine. I also noticed that the sub-zero issue only occurs when in portrait mode and if I flip the phone to landscape it goes away. I'm running a Rooted Stock Galaxy S3 on Verizon w/ Stock Launcher and the newest paid version of Lux on the market any idea what could be causing this?

Are you using a custom kernel?
26th October 2012, 06:08 PM |#123  

More
Nope stock kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
26th October 2012, 09:58 PM |#124  
Flag Near COGNAC (FR)
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Integration as system app still fails...
27th October 2012, 12:21 AM |#125  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Are you using a custom kernel?

No stock kernel
27th October 2012, 03:50 AM |#126  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMag05

No stock kernel

Well that's odd. I've got an international SGSIII and it works fine. Do apps like Screen Filter cause issues?
27th October 2012, 07:28 PM |#127  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've started using Lux this summer - i've replaced stock rom with CM9. Autobrightness is CM9 is awful (reaction is too slow), so my choice is your app. After small period of testing i've bought it with pleasure. The best app!

Everything was OK prior to version 0.70... Now I have bugs with brightness incall (it doesn't change dynamically), if i don't check option "Fixed phone brightness" lux doesn't change brightness (may be it doesn't read sensor values) until I open it from "Programs" or from notification.

I'm using Galaxy SII (int) with latest CM9 (stock kernel). Lux is paid and latest, set to operate in dynamic mode.

What can I do to eliminate my problem? Rollback? If so, please publish old version.

I want pure dynamic mode (in-call too) from this great app. I'm discouraged having bugs mentioned above...

P.S. Sorry for my English.
28th October 2012, 02:40 AM |#128  
OP Senior Member

More
I'll look into it.
28th October 2012, 02:51 AM |#129  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I started to use this app. I love how easy it is to use. One question: in stock settings, do I turn off the auto brightness and then set the brightness to minimum? Or does it not matter?
28th October 2012, 03:05 AM |#130  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mliou

I started to use this app. I love how easy it is to use. One question: in stock settings, do I turn off the auto brightness and then set the brightness to minimum? Or does it not matter?

Lux should handle all that for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 09:33 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Been having a problem with the last couple of versions.

I turn off automatic adjustment and drag the slider way down to the left. Sometimes, after a little bit, I notice that it seems too bright. I go back into the settings and see that the slider has moved over to the right. How could that happen if I have automatic adjustment off?

I'm on a Verizon Galaxy S3 stock/rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)