Working Google Wallet for Sprint GNote 2!

Search This thread

cdszoke

Dec 4, 2010
This is as far as I get. I was working fine as of yesterday on r16 with xposed but I decided to turn off the wallet plugin on xposed and start from scratch. All my recent transactions have loaded though.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I get that same message on my Note 2. Also I just upgraded my extra line to the HTC One and Google Wallet works perfect on that device. When Wallet stopped working earlier, I got scared and disabled it from the Wallet site. I did this because I wanted to go to a new rom and the Wallet app wouldn't open. I am wondering if this is the root of my problem.

bleyten

Nov 1, 2010
Just got off the phone with Google, seems they're having some issues with the some variations of the Note 2 because they just started supporting it today. Said they were glad I called because it helps them figure out which versions of software/hardware was having the problem. Told me they couldn't give a time frame but that they're working on the problem and that I should just keep trying periodically to finish the setup. Sounded more like a problem with connecting to the server rather than an issue with the app itself. Maybe more people should call, maybe it'll speed things up, the number is in the FAQ page for compatible devices.

Reactions: cdszoke

1Brite1

Jun 17, 2010
Solution for me when Google Wallet wouldn't finish the set-up process and say "try again". Log into your online Google Wallet account and click on "Settings". There is a section labeled "Verification". Even though I had used Google Wallet many times and never had any problems, this section had not been verified.

I answered some of the questions and it was accepted online. I then went back to my mobile Google Wallet and tried it and now it works! I hope this helps. Have a great day!

cdszoke

Dec 4, 2010
Well, it just all of a sudden worked for me. Thank you @bleyten for calling for all of us. I think your call to Google has fixed my Wallet. You will receive a Like* from me.

Edit: I meant to say a Thank from me. Too many social media buttons to keep up with.

jamice4u

Working Wallet.

anyby9yt.jpg

Last edited:

angross

Sep 28, 2010
Austin
It just setup. I didn't do anything special. I just happened to try it one more time.

I did disable the Xposed module and rebooted, but that was this morning and even then it didn't work. So, i don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Sent from my phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368723737940.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368723737940.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

JEGLE

Feb 23, 2011
I was able to download Google Wallet from the marketplace today. No error, no "unsupported device". Works like a charm.

Anyone else?

bleyten

Nov 1, 2010
Well, it just all of a sudden worked for me. Thank you @bleyten for calling for all of us. I think your call to Google has fixed my Wallet. You will receive a Like* from me.

Edit: I meant to say a Thank from me. Too many social media buttons to keep up with.

After reading your post I tried again and now mine is working too WOOHOO!

To those getting the Unsupported Device warning click the "learn more" link, mine told me it was because I was rooted. I returned to stock and still wouldn't finish setup, till now that is :)

Last edited:

ballisticn8

Mar 23, 2010
can ayone upload the apk so note 2 users on other carriers (like myself) can try to sideload it and see if it works?

cdszoke

Dec 4, 2010
Well, I had it working on stock rooted. Reflashed back to stock factory without disabling wallet from within app. Reinstalled app on stock factory and it still works with Secure Element still intact. ****.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Still get unsupported device running Macks Allstar 3.5 and no xposed installer patch...just wait I guess!

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Still get unsupported device running Macks Allstar 3.5 and no xposed installer patch...just wait I guess!

Even though it says unsupported it will still work. I got rid of the unsupported message by running the frameworks wallet patch again. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

Reactions: ianmb

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
I install wallet it no go then install the framework and patch and it will not get pass this screen. Im on macks Allstar 3.5

SGNote2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368729197683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368729197683.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 144

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Even though it says unsupported it will still work. I got rid of the unsupported message by running the frameworks wallet patch again. Works perfectly.

Link to installer for wallet?
I have xposed installer on phone just not the wallet patch module

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
Link to installer for wallet?

Are you with Sprint? If so you don't need the link. The gw app is accessible in the market.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I install wallet it no go then install the framework and patch and it will not get pass this screen. Im on macks Allstar 3.5

SGNote2

It may be due to your rom not being stock. What is all star rom based on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    another workaround that i cant get to work properly. the last one came a the cost of my s-pen, which was a no go. i fear by the time we find a cut a dry work around google will have released the official update.

Mine works perfectly. My Spen works just fine too.

Here are the build props: that you'll need to change

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

After changing the build props, reboot.
    1 Use Root explorer or Es file explorer
    Go to system/app/delete com.google.wallet
    2 Open Market and download the legit Google wallet
    Complete any task asked (It should work)

6) Once you are prompted with a list of accounts to re-setup Wallet close the app

7) Delete the Wallet apk from data/app (DO NOT uninstall Wallet, JUST delete the apk) and put the modaco patched r87 into system/app and set permissions (notice the legit was in data but the new one goes in system)

8) Reboot device

9) Run Wallet and this time it should let you set everything up, even though you are now using r87 which previously crashed

10) Once Wallet is working and your cards are registered reboot and make sure it still works

11) If Wallet is now r87 and it still works after the reboot put your build.prop back the way you found it and enjoy!

I did restore my build prop and everything is working :D took me 2 hours to figure out though...

Thanks to WarlockLord and tpmwr and the OP for the finding.
    For all who haven't seen this guide, this is working perfectly on my Sprint Galaxy Note II.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2031127
    Can you detail your method so I can try to replicate? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Sure, all I did was install Wallet from market.

DO NOT open it, afterwards I installed Xposed via Easy Installer and then I installed the update and reboot device. (It might give some error but ignore it, as it didn't affect me I still gave superuser permissions and reboot.)

After reboot, I installed the Xposed wallet patcher via easy installer and then I went into Xposed framework and enabled the wallet patcher module, reboot device again. (Again it may give error but still just give superuser permission if it asks and reboot.)

Afterwards I fired up Wallet, go through the usual setup and I was on 3g instead of my home wifi if this matters. It took a while to verify on wallet can't remember how long and it was successful and I was able to add my debit card that I already had setup on Google Wallet.

As I said, I am on AOKP rom, I plan on trying this again on touchwiz base MC2 rom or either Whompasaurus I have backed up in recovery to see if I can get it to work.

Good luck, hope this helps and you get it to successfully work for you. :)
    Finally just now worked for me.

Stock rooted ma7 with a lot of sprint and samsung junk removed. Mc2 modem and firmware. Garwyn 0.3.0 kernel.

Wallet from market installed at least a week ago.

Xposed and wallet patch. Installed and activated at least a week ago.

I have made no changes since then. No reset of the wallet app. Since around a week or more ago the only thing I have done is open Wallet and try to do the final setup step. It didn't reset by itself or reinstall or say anything unusual when I opened it today. The final setup step just took a little extra long and worked.

I was on WI-FI.

My device has shown up as nexus on the web site in the past but shows up as sph l900 ever since the last time I restored build.prop. A week or so ago when I updated Wallet I deleted all devices from the web site (it was showing 4 or 5 devices active because of my ltevo + gn2 and loading different roms and different build.prop edits on each device over the last year or so) and now it just shows a single sph l900.

This negates a few theories floating around about what you have to do. It doesn't matter if you're on wi-fi, you just need internet. It doesn't matter if you're on ma7 or mc2. Xposed doesn't break it even if it might no longer be strictly necessary. (Personally I dislike the warning message so as long as it's possible to erase it I will).

As far as resetting wallet, well if it does it on it's own I guess it must have needed it, but it doesn't look like you doing it will change anything.

Clearly from reading the last few weeks of this thread, google has been doing something on their end and updating or repairing accounts individually, and they just get to yours when they get to yours, and all you need to do is just retry that final step however often you feel like. I was down to checking once every few days.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
    FYI, Google wallet is now working without the work around with the latest MA5 leaked Rom...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium