Quote:
Originally Posted by vim1

We ready to test your theory Please answer in AIM
We have done vendor boot size change with CMD62 on VYL00M

Command 62 (ARG: 0xEFAC62EC)
Command 62 (ARG: 0x00CBAEA7)
Command 62 (ARG: bla bla)

But none of "low-level wipe happened"

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try a command (I found during the firmware reversing) which should low level format your chip:
CMD62 (ARG: 0xEFAC62EC)
CMD62 (ARG: 0xFAC0021)

Note that it will delete all the chip metadata (incl. wear leveling state and bad block info) and probably everything in it... Your responsibility

18th January 2014, 06:12 PM |#122  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 3,067

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranav

If you're feeling adventurous, you can try a command (I found during the firmware reversing) which should low level format your chip:

Note that it will delete all the chip metadata (incl. wear leveling state and bad block info) and probably everything in it... Your responsibility

This will also wipe your bootloader and partitions. I don't recommend it. Nothing short of a JTAG will fix it.

Sent from my SGH-i337 using Tapatalk
18th January 2014, 06:15 PM |#123  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

This will also wipe your bootloader and partitions. I don't recommend it. Nothing short of a JTAG will fix it.

Yep. It even resets write protection lock if there's any... Huh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
20th January 2014, 04:26 PM |#124  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

Based on their posting history, I think the guy we're responding to works for one of the JTAG recovery shops.
6th February 2014, 11:45 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

It doesnt wipe any bad block info , bcoz state in smart report didnt change that confirmed. Wipe erases regions, user, boot1, boot2 , most possible rpmb and also reset extcsd boot config and wipes write protection flags.
The Following User Says Thank You to vim1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vim1 Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 11:52 PM |#126  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vim1

It doesnt wipe any bad block info , bcoz state in smart report didnt change that confirmed. Wipe erases regions, user, boot1, boot2 , most possible rpmb and also reset extcsd boot config and wipes write protection flags.

Cool... Did it fix SDS though?
If the smart report wasn't changed I worry that it doesn't fix SDS.
7th February 2014, 04:18 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:

Is it just me or did anyone else realize that fw.bin is not actually an actual firmware update?
7th February 2014, 07:51 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

It dosnt fixed SDS on fully bricked devices ( eMMC name == 000000 )
Reason if very simple - all they have early revision of eMMC firmware and have not
factory reset command handler , any way if they even have it it is not enough
Need to write custom code for accessing internal NAND and recover wear leveling table. There is some ARM6 guru ? We can access card even fully dead mode
Ome thing we need to make custom code for eeprom recovery

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk HD
17th February 2014, 03:48 PM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Guys sorry for going off topic, but can we replace the dead emmc chip? my friend had SDS and he found a broken note 2 with working emmc chip. can it be replaced?
18th February 2014, 06:08 PM |#130  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,475

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed_Potatoes

Guys sorry for going off topic, but can we replace the dead emmc chip? my friend had SDS and he found a broken note 2 with working emmc chip. can it be replaced?

Not without special soldering equipment. I think Josh at MobileTechVideos did purchase such equipment. However I think some people are pretty close to being able to resurrect these with JTAG.
18th February 2014, 11:06 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Not without special soldering equipment. I think Josh at MobileTechVideos did purchase such equipment. However I think some people are pretty close to being able to resurrect these with JTAG.

Well he has been told that the repair would cost him 150 dollars minus the replacement eMMC chip.

Is that a rip-off? We've seen guys replace and solder the new eMMC in like 20 minutes on youtube.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread