Intrusive ads? Post here!

Search This thread

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Please PM me because I need to PM you and it won't let me please thank you or call me atT-Mobile OnePlus N20 last name Richards phone number 934-899-2702
Why?

I was reporting an obnoxious situation. The situation no longer occurs. (If the relief I have been enjoying is a result of my being awarded a title, then I feel sorry for the peasants.)

7ORO

Jan 19, 2013
Do anyone know what happened to xda-developers? It was once a site where people got tools to block ads on Android, to unlock phones that were provider locked, to root their phones and much more.

Since some months the main site "www.xda-developers.com" has an ad script by admiral that just wants us to turn off our adblockers. Sometimes it is possible to just click on the dismiss button but other times it just blocks to read any content. Further after opening some blog posts it even want you to sign in and does not show any content if not done.

Is this really what the XDA community wants to have? I am the only one that thinks that such community driven website should not include intrusive ads and even lead people to turn off their ad blockers? Even from a security perspective it is bad to disable any ad blocker as there are more and more malicious ads.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
{Mod edit: Link to spam post removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
{Mod edit: Link to spam post removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
Hello and good morning, @fillwithjoy1

Thanks for your reports. I've removed the links to the spam posts; both have been handled by another moderator.
Unless you've already seen it, I suggest to repost such spam in the following thread in future:
Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The internet is full of advertisments and let's face it, almost every site that has an ounce of traffic uses ad revenue. The intention of xda is not to burden its members with ads that distract from the user experience. With that being said, if you have a problematic ad, please take a screenshot of the ad and post here so admin can take care of it. right now, that is the solution in place.

Thanks for your help in keeping XDA "intrusive ad free".

XDA:DevDB Information
    Intrusive ads? Post here!, ROM for the General Discussion

Contributors
    TheRomMistress
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2016-03-03
    Last Updated 2016-03-03
    +1 Im annoyed with these redirected fake sites and sites that auto start downloading mobogenie apk

Its Going To Be LEGEND--Wait For it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

+2 Avast is now blocking the entire xda site whenever these adds pop up.

Is this forum a ship with no captain, this has been going on for nearly a week, do the owners not care at all?
    time to do something

So tonight I drop by and am confronted with an ad that obscures a large portion of the bottom screen. It is inescapable and makes the site unreadable so I click it in the hope that it goes away after the obligatory popup... no such luck. It remains on the page. I go to scroll the page and trigger another ad on the right hand side. Christ almighty, can xda please accept some responsibility for the general usability of the site? Right now it's not happening and the site is borderline stupid to use. Ive been around a long time here and have heard every argument about ads and their role in modern development... I get it, I support it and want every dev to wildly succeed. This isn't about that. This is about xda making a decision to commit to usability and striking a better balance between content and advertising than what we have today because its not working as it stands. Thanks for the rant
    Just want you guys to know we're monitoring this thread.

We want you to have a good browsing experience. Thanks for the heads up and keep it coming.
    For last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing an EXTREMELY ANNOYING pop-up ads problem on XDA Forums. It's so frustrating I cannot browse this forum from my phone anymore. And it's definately not about my device/software. I tried every possible software solution but still no luck and I have this problem on more than one device. All these spam/ads are coming from the same website: itt-edu.us and they these ads claim that I have virus on my device, my device is slow or outdated etc and they redirect me to some software called 360 Security on Play Store. These ads keeps poping up unless I close the tab in browser. Here are some screenshots from these ads I've been talking about, they are all in Turkish(my native language): http://imgur.com/a/Yam1D
    Here is a thread about the issue from another user: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/help/question-spam-t3278835
    And here is a thread from a local forum, these people also claim that issue is about XDA itself not our devices: http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_112937991/tm.htm