[KERNELS][5 APR] Repacked for InsertCoin Evolution 17.0.0

Search This thread

m4jkee

May 19, 2009
Methan City
never mind. i am the biggest noop in da world. i didnt notice, that my phone turns on in aeroplane mode. forgive me please.

but i can not switch that airplane mode off. even wifi doesnt turn on.

i flashed Alex0.3_IC15xx.img , than alexs .zip file. what am i doin wrong? i just want s2w :(

Last edited:

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Just rename that Alex _xxx.img to boot.img and try. If it doesn't work properly then it seems like you need to repack it for latest IC version. Try online repacker to repack it using the boot.img provided in your rom zip. I don't have a broadband connection now, so I can't repack and upload it right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

m4jkee

May 19, 2009
Methan City
well. now i am satisfied. cause, first i flashed new, repacked .img ... than i flashed MODULES!!!!! NO ONE EVER SAID THAT I HAVE TO FLASH MODULES!!! until i read it on repacking site. please, add a step by step instruction into op. just in case of some novices as me :) :)

or just link to: http://nibble.cc/repack/

ginjopowder

Dec 12, 2009
Jakarta
Hi Friend, i think im blind . i exactly have the same problem as m4jkee and following to online repacker. but i cant find the modules. all i see are boot img and no module.zip. Where is it? thanks

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Hi Friend, i think im blind . i exactly have the same problem as m4jkee and following to online repacker. but i cant find the modules. all i see are boot img and no module.zip. Where is it? thanks

You can find the modules in the appropriate kernel thread. I can't update this thread as I don't have a broadband and one x.
For example, If u want to repack latest beta of XM-Kernel just go to that thread download the latest beta (just in case) #303.zip, extract the boot.img and repack it online and flash it as usual and in recovery, just flash the zip file you downloaded. That's it, the zip file includes all the modules. Feel free to ask if u got any other questions related.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, I am just posting all the custom kernels repacked for the latest InsertCoin Evolution.

What's Repacking, I never heard that on any other thread before?
    'Every developer make their own tweaks on their Rom and they will place it in a folder named Ramdisk which will reside in boot.img along with zimage which is the kernel. Repacking is nothing but packing the custom kernel(zimage) with the Ramdisk(provided by the Rom creator), to make it usable and compatible with the Rom.
    Desire and S2 or any other device which achieved s-off never need this, cause there you can directly flash zimage alone from recovery, here we can't'

2myc5es.png

Just in case, I am posting the modules too:).

Alex-V's S2W Kernel
    Alex-V
    Modules

KozmiK Kernel
    kozmikkick
    Modules

NCX-Kernel
    n3ocort3x
    Modules

TripNDroid Master Series
    TripNRaVeR
    Modules

XM-Kernel
    Xmister
    Modules

Stock Kernel
    Stock 3.17
    Modules

All these boot.imgs are only meant for InsertCoin Evolution.

Finally, Thanks for Baadnewz for such a beautiful rom.
    Thanks to all the kernel developers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]02/03[/B]
    -Added XM #179
    [B]01/03[/B]
    -Added all the Custom Kernels repacked for IC 15.6.0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAQ
    Code:
    [B]
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][B]Extract the [COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="5"]Android.ZIP[/SIZE][/COLOR] attached to the post and place the boot.img you wanted to flash in the Extracted folder.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]How to flash just the boot.img[/SIZE][/B]
    1. Copy the Rom zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and 'fastboot erase cache'
    4. Now enter the recovery and flash the Rom.
    [This process will be useful when you flash stock boot.img]

[B][SIZE="4"]How to flash the boot.img with modules[/SIZE][/B]
    1. Copy the Rom zip and the modules zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Now flash the Rom and boot the phone
    4. Enter the bootloader
    5. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and 'fastboot erase cache' commands
    6. Now enter Recovery directly from the bootloader and flash the modules zip.
    okay, in the meantime, i start my HOX in the fastboot modus :D
    Thanks for your work and your SPEED ... ;)
    Hey, Updated OP with Franco r6.
    How do we have to flash those things? First the boot.img and then InsertCoin 6.3.0?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk HD
    As your wish. But it will be more comfortable to follow this process, which will reduce 1 reboot time.
    1. Copy the Rom zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'
    4. Now enter the recovery and flash the Rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Apparently it doesn't need to be repackaged. Franco said we would lose some of his ram disk tweaks.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Just in case, updated the OP with Franco r7.
    Simpody said:
    What's the difference with this being packed for insert coin or just flashing the dev files?

why should all these kernel need to repack? can we just directly flash it from the original kernel? i really have no idea about it.
    can some one explain it?
    thanks?

The difference is, you're going to miss all the tweaks build by Baadnewz if you people flash the boot.imgs directly from the respective kernel thread.
    Every boot.img consists of zimage and ramdisk. I am extracting the latest Ramdisk from IC rom's stock boot.img and repacking it with all the individual custom kernels.