[Q] htc dev unlock error

Search This thread

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
Im trying to unlock at htc dev but when I submit token I get error 173- check rule fail with exception. Any ideas?

Their site is screwed up at the moment, you, me and a lot of others are getting the same thing. Once they decide to fix it, it'll be good to go again. I've been trying since 10am, only up till an hour ago did their site even load for me.

wireman2161

Aug 25, 2011
REDFIELD ,AR.
Their site is screwed up at the moment, you, me and a lot of others are getting the same thing. Once they decide to fix it, it'll be good to go again. I've been trying since 10am, only up till an hour ago did their site even load for me.

thanks for the quick reply ! Thats got to be it cause Ive tried everything. glad to know its not just me.

mac20dnangel

Jun 11, 2012
Droid City
Yes, me too. I tried to unlock my friends One X but I also got the same error. HTC says that we need to give them 24-48 hours to resolve this error since their site had just been up after the maintenance. Lets just wait for it.

mac20dnangel

Jun 11, 2012
Droid City
I did contact them since the error got up. They did reply after a few minutes and started the conversation then we they end up telling me to just wait for about a day or so to escalate the problem and resolve it.

knightwolfjk

Jan 22, 2013
Thanks

I did contact them since the error got up. They did reply after a few minutes and started the conversation then we they end up telling me to just wait for about a day or so to escalate the problem and resolve it.

Wanted to say Thanks for this thread. Was stressin' trying to get my One X+ rooted.

Last edited:

yousefarman89

Jan 29, 2012
Chicago
ive been trying all day the 21st, and all day today, and so far no dice. It will load, and then error out at error 173. so frustrating.

Zalatorisaurus

Jun 29, 2010
Atlantis
They said they would look into it 24-48 hours from when they contacted the user yesterday morning. We're still a day away from that and most likely longer from a fix. Calm down. This has happened before and the fix came. Just be patient.

Sent from my Droid DNA

gray10k

Dec 31, 2011
America
Still nothing here either. HTC says that it will be no sooner than wednesday per my email response from them tonight.

mac20dnangel

Jun 11, 2012
Droid City
Yeah. Confirmed. It's now working for me.. Hehehe. I chatted with them and I really told them that I am sicked with the error in their site especially on unlocking bootloader then after a few minutes I treid it then wollaahhh.. It was successful. I have the code now. Just make sure after getting into the last step. Paste the token quickly then click the Submit button as fast as you can then it will be okay.

Top Liked Posts