HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Search This thread

shox22

May 12, 2010
Posted it in another thread, but here are some Antutu Ram results: (I dont know how viable/usefull they are!)

Htc one: 4189/4194
Butterfly: 3441
Xperia Z: 3158
Droid DNA: 3338

If Phonesarea is correct, the dna/butterfly uses ddr2 533mhz ram. So i think Xperia Z uses the same.

Quadrant Memory results:
One: 11094
Xperia Z: ~9800
Butterfly: ~9800

So it seems like the ram is faster. But fast enough to be DDR3?

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
Awesome lets hope it will be fruitful

The Geekbench 2 Stream test is purely a bandwidth test, that doesn't touch I/O, given the HTC One scores in the same area as the Nexus 4, my money is firmly on LPDDR2, as per HTC's spec list. Can't wait for the new GLBenchmark!

Playing devil's advocate here. Wouldn't it be wierd, if Qualcomm's updated Adreno 320 was getting most of its speed improvement from the higher bandwidth of LPDDR3, but HTC chose DDR2 instead.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
The Geekbench 2 Stream test is purely a bandwidth test, that doesn't touch I/O, given the HTC One scores in the same area as the Nexus 4, my money is firmly on LPDDR2, as per HTC's spec list. Can't wait for the new GLBenchmark!

Playing devil's advocate here. Wouldn't it be wierd, if Qualcomm's updated Adreno 320 was getting most of its speed improvement from the higher bandwidth of LPDDR3, but HTC chose DDR2 instead.

yes that would be too ironic :) but such stuff are always possible with HTC...they worked pretty closely with qualcomm on this, in fact this device was the main real device launch for s600, really odd they went with DDR2

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
yes that would be too ironic :) but such stuff are always possible with HTC...they worked pretty closely with qualcomm on this, in fact this device was the main real device launch for s600, really odd they went with DDR2

Interestingly, the highest Nexus 4 score in Egypt HD 1080 offscreen is now 33.7 FPS. This must have been achieved with a custom kernel that overclocks the GPU to 450 MHz and resolves the premature throttling, bricked kernel does this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no shipping device currently uses LPDDR3, I smell supply issues at work. If you like conspiracies, HTC could play the + game, in 6 months launch a 'new' HTC One + with LPDDR3 and faster 1.9 GHz Snapdragon 600, nice boost in benchmarks and press coverage for little cost to HTC.:rolleyes:

GlossGhost

Dec 22, 2010
Sofia
Interestingly, the highest Nexus 4 score in Egypt HD 1080 offscreen is now 33.7 FPS. This must have been achieved with a custom kernel that overclocks the GPU to 450 MHz and resolves the premature throttling, bricked kernel does this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no shipping device currently uses LPDDR3, I smell supply issues at work. If you like conspiracies, HTC could play the + game, in 6 months launch a 'new' HTC One + with LPDDR3 and faster 1.9 GHz Snapdragon 600, nice boost in benchmarks and press coverage for little cost to HTC.:rolleyes:

Good point.
Let's hope that they don't do + and screw HTC One users if it ships with LPDDR2.
That way the point about HTC saving money with LPDDR2 goes away.

paorpas

Jan 31, 2011
Posted it in another thread, but here are some Antutu Ram results: (I dont know how viable/usefull they are!)

Htc one: 4189/4194
Butterfly: 3441
Xperia Z: 3158
Droid DNA: 3338

If Phonesarea is correct, the dna/butterfly uses ddr2 533mhz ram. So i think Xperia Z uses the same.

Quadrant Memory results:
One: 11094
Xperia Z: ~9800
Butterfly: ~9800

So it seems like the ram is faster. But fast enough to be DDR3?

good news, I think if it is

RobertN`

Feb 23, 2013
What i don`t understand, if this phone is something like "All in" for HTC, why they didn`t went "All in", getting cheap on rams was pretty lame but probably most of the users won`t care because anyway the phone is a beast and the difference between ddr2 and ddr3 in day to day use is very low.

I just hope they won`t come in the winter holidays with an "One Plus" with snapdragon 800 + all that **** :(

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
Of course not, but if you have been using an HTC device since their WM days, you just cannot help but be frustrated.

If you find me a single HTC device that didn't have 1 flaw I will be amazed. When I say flaw, I don't mean crappier screen, or crap speaker quality. I mean:

1. No LED flash (when previous model had it)
2. No LED indicator (when previous model had it)
3. 512 MB less ram then competition (or 1gb less in the case of the One X)

I could go on and on... none of these have been deal breaking, but they are not so insignificant that we can easily ignore it. After all these generations of devices, I cannot help but agree with some people who say that HTC does this on purpose.

Funny thing is... I have made this complaint on the forum for every device they have released since the DHD. They were notorious for this during the WM days, then they improved. But as soon as the Sensation came out... it was another lackluster device.

Then the One X with 1 GB of ram?!?

Now the HTC One with DDR2 instead of DD3.

I'll reiterate: This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially because I know HTC is better then this.

Dear SAMSUNG FAN s3 also has same 1gb ram lol..... Notorious kids

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Benchmarks QUADRANT ANTUTU AND NENAMARK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijp79uCwFg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2

paorpas

Jan 31, 2011
script>

fail :D

dmarco

Sep 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Having seen a Youtube video of a Geekbench run on a HTC One, I compared it to the Nexus 4, which uses a Qualcomm S4 Pro with LPDDR2 memory, in the Stream test, which measures memory bandwidth, both devices score very close to each other. If the HTC One did use LPDDR3, it should be scoring much higher in that test, in theory up to 50% faster. From those tests, I now believe that HTC's website is correct and it uses LPDDR2.

HTC One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zMZVu-Ln7C0

Nexus 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSF5RQht3d0

Stream performance: Stream workloads measure memory bandwidth. Geekbench 2 uses tests based on the STREAM benchmarks developed John D. McCalpin. Software working with large amounts of data (e.g., digital content creation) relies on good memory bandwidth performance to keep the processor busy.

I'm not too convinced about your proof; only because I've seen benchmark where the One scored significantly higher than the nexus 4.
I'm searching for those scores now....
...... Stay tuned folks :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
I'm not too convinced about your proof; only because I've seen benchmark where the One scored significantly higher than the nexus 4.
I'm searching for those scores now....
...... Stay tuned folks :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

OK, but unless you talking about Geekbench 2 Stream test, which just tests memory bandwidth, I fully expect the HTC One to beat the Nexus 4, it has a faster SoC, but not necessarily higher bandwidth RAM.

Maedhros

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Dear SAMSUNG FAN s3 also has same 1gb ram lol..... Notorious kids

Dear retarded HTC Fan boy:

The NA GS3 had 2GB of Ram in the NA Model, which is where I'm from TY very much.

Just for the record, I have been using HTC devices for over 10 years and have probaly owned more Cell Phones (let alone HTC branded ones) then u have over your entire life span :p

So kindly STFU :angel:

If u can't stand HTC being critisized you should take some business courses in University and learn about why customer loyalty such as yours is a bad thing for consumers.

Geez... hate ppl like the quoted posters, attacking ppl for no reason.

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP
Dear retarded HTC Fan boy:

The NA GS3 had 2GB of Ram in the NA Model, which is where I'm from TY very much.

Just for the record, I have been using HTC devices for over 10 years and have probaly owned more Cell Phones (let alone HTC branded ones) then u have over your entire life span :p

So kindly STFU :angel:

If u can't stand HTC being critisized you should take some business courses in University and learn about why customer loyalty such as yours is a bad thing for consumers.

Geez... hate ppl like the quoted posters, attacking ppl for no reason.
But na version is 20‰ more weak than internacional version. Is only dual core.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Of course not, but if you have been using an HTC device since their WM days, you just cannot help but be frustrated.

If you find me a single HTC device that didn't have 1 flaw I will be amazed. When I say flaw, I don't mean crappier screen, or crap speaker quality. I mean:

1. No LED flash (when previous model had it)
    2. No LED indicator (when previous model had it)
    3. 512 MB less ram then competition (or 1gb less in the case of the One X)

I could go on and on... none of these have been deal breaking, but they are not so insignificant that we can easily ignore it. After all these generations of devices, I cannot help but agree with some people who say that HTC does this on purpose.

Funny thing is... I have made this complaint on the forum for every device they have released since the DHD. They were notorious for this during the WM days, then they improved. But as soon as the Sensation came out... it was another lackluster device.

Then the One X with 1 GB of ram?!?

Now the HTC One with DDR2 instead of DD3.

I'll reiterate: This isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially because I know HTC is better then this.
    isnt the point of this thread that MAYBE the phone uses ddr3 and not ddr2 as HTC have said?

because the chip only comes with ddr3?
    i send a email for htc asking which its corret ddr2 or ddr3
    AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

Well yes but even if he has it in his hands he can't tell, it's not written anywhere

But u can ask him to run a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p) test, on a full battery, no power saving and a clean run (just this test standalone) :D

Well he is the one who is responsible for pr stuff for htc Germany. I get my HTC One from him later.

I can ask him to do a benchmark, not sure if he will do that.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Asked for the clarification of ddr2 or ddr3 and asked for the benchmark result when you run it without any influence of previous benchmarks.

AW: HTC one si 2gb ram DDR3 not DDR2

So when we will have the resoulds? Thanks:fingers-crossed:

Whenever I get a response. Usually within the next 2 days if he does it.

Yea as far as customer support goes, you could probably have asked your magic 8 ball and got an equally reliable answer.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2