[Z][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Search This thread

[NUT]

-=[XZDualRecovery]=-
PhilZ Touch & CWM & TWRP
*** For Locked and Unlocked BOOTLOADERS! ***

Welcome to the Xperia Z Questions & Answers thread!

I proudly present you the first and only DUAL RECOVERY for locked boot loaders on our lovely Xperia phones! :cool:

If you have an unlocked bootloader and chose to keep the STOCK Sony kernel, you can also use this MOD.

Currently supported XPERIA models:
These are also links to the device specific Q&A threads.
Xperia Z: SO-02E, C6602, C6603, C6606, C6616
Xperia ZL: C6502, C6503, C6506
Xperia Tablet Z: SO-03E, SGP311, SGP312, SGP321, SGP351
Xperia Z Ultra: C6802, C6806, C6833, C6843
Xperia Z1: C6902, C6903, C6906, C6943, C6916
Xperia Z1 Compact: D5502, D5503, D5506
Xperia Z2: D6502, D6503, D6506, D6543, D6563
Xperia Tablet Z2: SGP511, SGP512, SGP521, SGP551, SGP561
Xperia ZR: C5602, C5603, C5606
Xperia T, TX, TL and V: LT30p, LT29, LT30at, LT25i
Xperia S: LT26i
Xperia SP: C5302, C5303
Xperia T2 Ultra: D5303, D5322
Xperia Z3: D6603, D6633, D6643, D6653, D6616
Xperia Z3 Compact: D5803, D5833
Xperia Tablet Z3 Compact: SGP621, SGP641, SGP651

To follow development, be sure to check the DevDB thread!

Last edited:

[NUT]

Special Thanks:
  • @DooMLoRD for all his excellent work on our much loved Sony phones!
  • The Team Win developers for TWRP
  • The ClockWorkMod developers for CWM
  • @alexocean for his awesome job testing almost all FW releases and the discovery of SuperSU causing problems for the installation of this recovery!
  • @RoberM for testing
  • @surdu_petru for testing and handy pointers
  • @Androxyde for allowing to use his linux and mac adb binaries.
  • @lancebukkake for finding the TWRP 'fix' to use exFAT formatted sdcards!
  • @delewer for the final fix for TWRP and its use of exFAT formatted sdcards
  • @DevShaft for some code help on the windows installer (the menu!)
  • @Androxyde again, but now for his bash code/script suggestions... oh boy this guy is a genius! :highfive:
  • @Tamirwig and @shoey63 for their excellent job at testing early BETA's (Xperia Z)
  • @gregbradley for his extensive testing on the Xperia Z1

Well, enjoy! :fingers-crossed:

The origins of this XZDualRecovery package are in the packages done by:
Krabappel2548, Cpasjuste and DooMLoRD
Thank you for your excellent work guys! :victory:
Your thanks (and donations) should (also) go out to them, they deserve it! :highfive:

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I'll ask a question.
If I already installed an incompatible busybox by other means (stericson's installer), will the recovery installer overwrite it with the included compatible busybox?
I don't feel like having to recover from possible problems (if any) arising from an incompatible busybox today, so just asking. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: palaboy

[NUT]

I'll ask a question.
If I already installed an incompatible busybox by other means (stericson's installer), will the recovery installer overwrite it with the included compatible busybox?
I don't feel like having to recover from possible problems (if any) arising from an incompatible busybox today, so just asking. :D

haha :)

The installer/flashable package will overwrite any incompatible busybox anyway at install/update, but the current version also keeps a safety copy somewhere else and will copy that to /system/xbin as soon as it finds an incompatible version.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
haha :)

The installer/flashable package will overwrite any incompatible busybox anyway at install/update, but the current version also keeps a safety copy somewhere else and will copy that to /system/xbin as soon as it finds an incompatible version.
Great. I'll be installing later. Thanks for the fast reply and for all your work on our device. :)

topzias

Feb 12, 2014
I had one issue when i restore my backup it says data error both CWM and Philztouch. Currently usingultimate purexz by rajeev.

jhonny1525

Jan 19, 2013
I want to reinstall the recovery can i use the bat file with android 4.4 rom xperia z?????

[NUT]

Reactions: comax70

jhonny1525

Jan 19, 2013
Actually the problem is that i cannnot boot to recovery or system with memory card inserted when i remove memory card i can boot to system but not recovery so i jus wan to know will it be safe to re install recovery �or how do i safely install recovery or any wqy to recover my phone

[NUT]

Actually the problem is that i cannnot boot to recovery or system with memory card inserted when i remove memory card i can boot to system but not recovery so i jus wan to know will it be safe to re install recovery �or how do i safely install recovery or any wqy to recover my phone

Maybe you should then insert the memory card in a pc, copy the contents and reformat it to then copy the contents back.

Sounds to me you might just have a faulty sdcard.

XZDR is designed to also use the cache partition if an sdcard is not found though, so it should be able to boot to recovery either way. You can try to insert the sdcard while in recovery to see if you can use it then.

Top Liked Posts