[SENSE 5][JB][4.1.2][ION]HTC Sense 5 For HTC ONE V [ROM][v1.2][21.11.2013]

Search This thread

doga.ozkaraca

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
No, i was using team-hydra's but it broke on 4.4 so i started using this one: https://github.com/LegacyCarbon/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy
And evervolv's media-legacy, Mustaavalkosta has been back at it again too so his display and media might work also but have not tried it yet.

i was getting media stuff problems while compiling
thanks :) i will try :D and is that one ? --> https://github.com/Evervolv/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy

Ruling

Sep 15, 2012
www.1024team.com
i was getting media stuff problems while compiling
thanks :) i will try :D and is that one ? --> https://github.com/Evervolv/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy

when you builded a third-party 4.4 ROM (such as CM, etc.), if we used old recovery to flash it,it will appear “set_metadata_xxx” error, we need to go to the xxxxx/bootable/recovery/updater/install.c modify the “parsed.has_capabilities = true” to “parsed.has_capabilities = false” before building, and then we can use old recovery to flash the ROM , in fact, this error caused by update-binary.

Last edited:

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
Say Hi to 4.4 bootanimation :p :D it didnt boot yet and probably wont.but it will boot after some changes.. i used media-caf instead of media-legacy(legacy one doesnt work gives 1234814329 errors.i need fix up source also ion doesnt work with 4.4 .So i need to use different kernel for example hellboy etc.. )
EDIT : ION Kernel is working and needed .. It doesnt show bootanimation with pmem kernel . and problem is ramdisk..it reboots device every 5 seconds.and it stucks on big htc bootloader screen @szezso @gilbert32 @bradthomas127

I got that bootanimation screen with ION Kernel + CM10 ramdisk + CM11 ROM

IMG_20131128_223237.jpg

Last edited:

inyourface09

Aug 9, 2012
Texas
when you builded a third-party 4.4 ROM (such as CM, etc.), if we used old recovery to flash it,it will appear “set_metadata_xxx” error, we need to go to the xxxxx/bootable/recovery/updater/install.c modify the “parsed.has_capabilities = true” to “parsed.has_capabilities = false” before building, and then we can use old recovery to flash the ROM , in fact, this error caused by update-binary.

Thank you! i just ran into this problem actually lol, keep up the great work guys ;)

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
@bradthomas127 ( @szezso @gilbert32 guys you were talking about something in kernel. it was preventing booting device..can it cause?): im getting kernel problems with 4.4 ... it doesnt even properly pass bootloader screen with primoc ramdisk(i did some changes.. all strings changed primoc -> primou)...

only cm10 ramdisk helps a bit (only shows bootanimation and animation is VERY VERY SLOW also i cant access adb. probably because of build.prop)

do you know what can cause that ? if i use other ramdisks with ion kernel .. boot images works well.. if i use 4.4 ramdisk with ion kernel.. My device shows HTC logo at the beginning and it passes that screen and goes to black screen and stays here about 2-3 seconds and phone reboots.. and loop continues....

ueventd maybe ?? i will try to get adb and dmesg to know whats going here ??

Any help would be appreciated

You can access kernel here : https://github.com/dogaozkaraca/PRIMOU-ION-KERNEL

EDIT :
im adding now that commit : https://github.com/TeamPrimo/androi...mmit/95442158de6b843419b371183ee9a8c99c3b026b

EDIT 2 : I added that selinux things but it Doesnt work.. still im getting same 5 seconds loop problem

and guys i shouldn't post 4.4 things here because cm11 will be different rom . but only one thing keeps me here : ION Kernel .. I will continue developing ION kernel(for sense 5 and CM11) and remove kernel related lags.(after booting 4.4) .. so kernel is important both of devices.

And if i can boot CM11, i will create off-topic thread(General Forum) and ROM thread (Orginal Android development forum).. So we will not use that thread after that separation..

But i will stay here until boot CM11(4.4) ....

Last edited:

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
@bradthomas127 ( @szezso @gilbert32 guys you were talking about something in kernel. it was preventing booting device..can it cause?): im getting kernel problems with 4.4 ... it doesnt even properly pass bootloader screen with primoc ramdisk(i did some changes.. all strings changed primoc -> primou)...

only cm10 ramdisk helps a bit (only shows bootanimation and animation is VERY VERY SLOW also i cant access adb. probably because of build.prop)

do you know what can cause that ? if i use other ramdisks with ion kernel .. boot images works well.. if i use 4.4 ramdisk with ion kernel.. My device shows HTC logo at the beginning and it passes that screen and goes to black screen and stays here about 2-3 seconds and phone reboots.. and loop continues....

ueventd maybe ?? i will try to get adb and dmesg to know whats going here ??

Any help would be appreciated

You can access kernel here : https://github.com/dogaozkaraca/PRIMOU-ION-KERNEL

EDIT :
im adding now that commit : https://github.com/TeamPrimo/androi...mmit/95442158de6b843419b371183ee9a8c99c3b026b

EDIT 2 : I added that selinux things but it Doesnt work.. still im getting same 5 seconds loop problem

and guys i shouldn't post 4.4 things here because cm11 will be different rom . but only one thing keeps me here : ION Kernel .. I will continue developing ION kernel(for sense 5 and CM11) and remove kernel related lags.(after booting 4.4) .. so kernel is important both of devices.

And if i can boot CM11, i will create off-topic thread(General Forum) and ROM thread (Orginal Android development forum).. So we will not use that thread after that separation..

But i will stay here until boot CM11(4.4) ....

try modding the ramdisk from PrimoKat for primou

Fikus011

Jan 15, 2012
Perth
@doga.ozkaraca latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 supports SE Linux.
I don't know does it make any difference but it's worth a try at least for the sake of getting some dmsg or a boot logs.
Also props for being persistent man. Thumbs up!

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR @doga.ozkaraca latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 supports SE Linux.
I don't know does it make any difference but it's worth a try at least for the sake of getting some dmsg or a boot logs.

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
@doga.ozkaraca latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 supports SE Linux.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

[/COLOR @doga.ozkaraca latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 supports SE Linux.

I realized something is broken in device-tree and im rebuilding device-tree right now and also recovery.img doesnt work with old device-tree(still on github) after realizing that i removed all stuff and rebuilding everything.. :) and im starting with recovery now :) if it works, probably lots of things will work on rom too :)

and hd2 got 4.4 .. we didnt ..... i will kill myself if i cant bring 4.4 (kitkat) .. or i will open a troll thread here with kitkat chocolate photo ... before getting ban lol.

im using prebuilt kernel now(hd2 is using prebuilt too :) ). probably that disables selinux stuff forever :p :D i will try everything to bring 4.4 .. lets hope

EDIT : I got 4.4 Kitkat Kernel Woohoo :p :D i can see adb now but, i did "make clobber" about 4 hours ago. so i need to wait compiling process for pmem rom.. because old compiled version is ion compatible rom... So lets hope to get fully working CM11 :))))

EDIT 2 : Source becomes quite confusing right now :D i dont know what should i do where should i put anyfile :p i need to sleep :p :D to put everything together in my brain

Last edited:

Fikus011

Jan 15, 2012
Perth
I'm down with the flu, barely reading this, going in and out of fever, but as much to my understanding you are compiling pmem rom.
If that's the case soon as I get better and you manage to compile something I will start working on a hellboy to bring it up to date cause I already have sources and feel comfortable working with it.
No hurry, take it easy ;)

inyourface09

Aug 9, 2012
Texas
I realized something is broken in device-tree and im rebuilding device-tree right now and also recovery.img doesnt work with old device-tree(still on github) after realizing that i removed all stuff and rebuilding everything.. :) and im starting with recovery now :) if it works, probably lots of things will work on rom too :)

and hd2 got 4.4 .. we didnt ..... i will kill myself if i cant bring 4.4 (kitkat) .. or i will open a troll thread here with kitkat chocolate photo ... before getting ban lol.

im using prebuilt kernel now(hd2 is using prebuilt too :) ). probably that disables selinux stuff forever :p :D i will try everything to bring 4.4 .. lets hope

EDIT : I got 4.4 Kitkat Kernel Woohoo :p :D i can see adb now but, i did "make clobber" about 4 hours ago. so i need to wait compiling process for pmem rom.. because old compiled version is ion compatible rom... So lets hope to get fully working CM11 :))))

EDIT 2 : Source becomes quite confusing right now :D i dont know what should i do where should i put anyfile :p i need to sleep :p :D to put everything together in my brain

Are you building pmem?
https://github.com/dogaozkaraca/msm7x30-PRIMOU/blob/master/BoardConfigCommon.mk#L51

Reactions: doga.ozkaraca

doga.ozkaraca

May 10, 2013
San Francisco, CA
dogaoz.com
I'm down with the flu, barely reading this, going in and out of fever, but as much to my understanding you are compiling pmem rom.
If that's the case soon as I get better and you manage to compile something I will start working on a hellboy to bring it up to date cause I already have sources and feel comfortable working with it.
No hurry, take it easy ;)

gr8 :D Hellboy FTW lol

And yes im working on pmem rom right now . Because if i use pmem we will get camera working ROM :D
and i couldn't convert device-tree pmem to ion .. and ion source is unstable too :) thats why i changed to pmem .. :)

Last edited:

hypocritelecteur

Apr 20, 2013
So whats the status on camera, sound, etc. Are the ion problems likely to torpedo using this as a daily driver? Is there anything the community can do or procure for you that might help? It's awesome to see people working on this little device. Its a really great entry phone and if you're not sporting a flagship then too often these great devices end up with stagnant development. I am sincerely greatful for the work and the effort you're putting in to bring us up to Sense 5. I gave my V to my pops as his first smart phone and he loves it but covets the blinkfeed on my one. Would beer money help? Or is there something more tangible we can do to contribute?

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
So whats the status on camera, sound, etc. Are the ion problems likely to torpedo using this as a daily driver? Is there anything the community can do or procure for you that might help? It's awesome to see people working on this little device. Its a really great entry phone and if you're not sporting a flagship then too often these great devices end up with stagnant development. I am sincerely greatful for the work and the effort you're putting in to bring us up to Sense 5. I gave my V to my pops as his first smart phone and he loves it but covets the blinkfeed on my one. Would beer money help? Or is there something more tangible we can do to contribute?

We have to wait for Sense 5, doga is into KitKat right now... and who needs Sense 5 if there's a Kitkat? :p

Reactions: red de0392

hypocritelecteur

Apr 20, 2013
We have to wait for Sense 5, doga is into KitKat right now... and who needs Sense 5 if there's a Kitkat? :p

Silly folks with a blinkfeed addiction :)
Sense 5.5 is honestly the only oem I find tolerable and the changes and additions add useful features more than bloat. Earlier versions... not so much.

Of course I'm using a slim & trim heavily themed sense 55, so it's not perfect. But it's inoffensive for an oem rom and if blinkfeed clicks for you its actually really great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sense5hov.png

1.png
    2.png
    3.png

4.png
    5.png
    6.png

10.png
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png
    14.png

YOU CANNOT USE ANY FILE IN THAT ROM ALSO BOOT IMAGE TOO. IF I FIND MY FILE IN SOME OTHER DEVELOPERS ROM,(KANGED OR STOLE) YOU WILL GET PERMANENT BAN FROM XDA MODS.

RULES ARE CHANGED !! YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH MY FILES !!! ONLY THING YOU MUST KNOW, YOU MUST GIVE CREDITS TO ME AND TO REQUIRED PEOPLE(CHECK THE Main Credits SECTION BELOW) !! OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO MODS.

I PROMISED FOR SENSE 5 ROM TO HOV COMMUNITY AND IT'S READY :D

AND IT'S ALPHA SO PLEASE DONT POST ITS NOT WORKING ETC. AND PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS IN ROM EXCEPT HARDWARE AND IF ITS AVAILABLE PLEASE TAKE SCREENSHOT(FOR WRONG RESIZED APPS)

= LATEST STATUS =

Kernel Status (Developer : @gilbert32 & @simonsimons34 )
    ION Memory Management Available
    Graphics Working
    Wifi Module is Working right now.
    Probably Kernel Related All things working... :)
    Thank you so much @gilbert32 and @simonsimons34 ..

Rom Status (Developer @doga.ozkaraca)
    Booting : Yes
    Screen/Display: Yes
    Audio/Sound : NO
    Wi-Fi : YES
    GPS : YES
    Bluetooth : NO
    Camera : NO
    FM Radio : NO
    RIL(Call&SMS&Data) : Yes(Everything Working..)
    Flash : Yes
    External Storage : Yes
    Internal Storage(It's almost stock rom , You can use internal too ) : Yes
    Vibrate Function : Yes

include DEVELOPERCLASSICS.h
    I'm not responsible of any problems.TAKE BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ONTO YOUR DEVICE

____ROM Information____

Android Version : 4.1.2
    From Device : HTC Desire 500
    To Device : HTC One V
    HTC Rom Version : XXXXXXXXXX
    Missing Apks : /system/app/Nfc.apk(Less than 1MB)
    Missing Other Things : ---

____Downloads____

LINKS ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN !

Sense 5 For Primou- Desire 500 Based

Sense 5 For Primou- Desire 500 Based [KERNEL]

Kernel Source : https://github.com/dogaozkaraca/PRIMOU-ION-KERNEL

G-apps included :) Don't Forget to flash right kernel.

____Changelog____
    [v1.2]
    Battery Improvements
    Lags Fixed.
    Root Added.
    Build.prop optimizations
    GPS Fixed
    [v1.0 Rev2]
    Desire 500 rom based.
    Wifi fixed.
    Lots of things fixed.

[ALPHA 2]
    Desire 600 rom based

[ALPHA 1]
    Initial Release

Donators(Thanks so much)
    @mr_nooby
    Mateusz Przybylski
    roman.polyansky

DESIRE 500 ROM BASED RIGHT NOW

Question & Answers(Please discuss development things in this thread, if you have questions offtopic please click that link and ask there) : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451519

____Main Credits____
    doga.ozkaraca ( I ported whole rom )
    @gilbert32 ( He created ION Kernel. Its most important thing for Sense 5)
    @simonsimons34 (ION Kernel base from primoc kernel source :) Thanks for kernel)
    @szezso ( He is helped too much. :) He is also developer of incredible s sense 5 rom(also known as Unimaginable rom) :) He created all things first :) )
    @xpirt ( Also, He helped me many times :D )
    @aazzam16661 (He helped me for lots of things in rom :D we discussed lot of things :p :D)
    @old.splatterhand He shared desire 500 dump. Thanks Much Mate..
    ____Credits 2 :p ____

These guys supported me many times.
    i discussed many things with these guys while developing sense 5 . :) Thank you so much guys :)
    @mr_nooby
    @Seraz007
    @paarthdesai
    @cybervibin
    @sohamssd
    @aashukmehta
    @1ceb0x
    @lars1216
    -----------These guys almost alpha tester and they helped me for figuring out many things.------
    Thank you so much friends :) :D
    @danishaznita
    @MameTozhio
    @Fikus011
    @CNexus
    ---------- And here is alpha/beta tester list(please report all bugs asap friends :) ) --------------
    @martijn99
    @ryanlow134

---------

@gilbert32 LOL i said dont worry . these credits list should be enough :p :D :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    HTC Sense 5 For HTC ONE V, a ROM for the HTC One V

Contributors
    doga.ozkaraca, gilbert32, szezso
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ION Kernel
    Based On: Sense 5

Version Information

Created 2013-09-07
    Last Updated 2014-04-17
    WIFI WORKING NOW :D I WILL RELEASE NEW VERSION SOON. :p

1.png

2.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH @szezso FOR NEW KERNEL & MODULE !! :D
    Anyway... my good ol' friend posted the Desire 500 system dump here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45872110

Good luck in porting it to One V and make sure to whack his "thanks" button ;)
    Say Hi to 4.4 bootanimation :p :D it didnt boot yet and probably wont.but it will boot after some changes.. i used media-caf instead of media-legacy(legacy one doesnt work gives 1234814329 errors.i need fix up source also ion doesnt work with 4.4 .So i need to use different kernel for example hellboy etc.. )
    EDIT : ION Kernel is working and needed .. It doesnt show bootanimation with pmem kernel . and problem is ramdisk..it reboots device every 5 seconds.and it stucks on big htc bootloader screen @szezso @gilbert32 @bradthomas127

I got that bootanimation screen with ION Kernel + CM10 ramdisk + CM11 ROM

IMG_20131128_223237.jpg
    Desire 500 based rom coming soon.. almost all things good sized and better for hov

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app