Wm6 Usb/bluetooth Modem. Help!!!!!

Search This thread

jaffilous

Apr 6, 2007
Internet Sharing Failed

Hi,

I am using Dopod 838 Pro using USB to connect to my Fujitsu.

I have upgraded to WM6 Black2.0, is wonderfull. But now I cannot connect to the internet using the dialer.

Need help.

Thx

TheLuggs

Oct 9, 2006
I have tried activating internet sharing via bluetooth before pairing and this made no difference.

Please help someone - I really like wm6 but I need to use my phone as a modem when I'm out and about. I had no problems with wm5.

My OS is XP Pro SP2 and the current ROM on my device is 3DES.1.

I've checked these forums for help with no luck, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

In short, ms decided to remove bluetooth dun support. So internet sharing is the way to go.

First you should be able to connect to the internet using your hermes.

Second, you should be able to connect to the internet using USB. Set the internet sharing application to usb, push connect and then connect the usb cable.

Third you need a bluetooth stack that supports PAN. My asus notebook with integrated bluetooth came with a toshiba stack. It didn't support PAN. Changed to microsoft stack wich didnt seem to support my mouse (couldnt figure that one out, it just wouldnt work) to back to toshiba stack.

download recent stack. I used:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/disclaimer.php?dt=bts&download=3ww

you can find driver info on:
http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/driverinfo.php?txt=BT-stack

downloaded and installed it, now i can use pan:

Start internet sharing application on hermes, set for bluetooth and connect
then connect computer using pan.

starweb

Apr 16, 2008
I have upgraded to wm6.1 from wm5 on my xda atom. Now my phone modem is not detecting on my pc after I connect in internet sharing by usb.

chichigirl

Jan 16, 2008
BT works but USB doesn't work with Ameo internet sharing

Please help!
I have a problem using USB internet connection sharing in WM6 as well. I have managed to setup bluetooth internet sharing with my Ameo but the USB connection doesn't work. I can see an internet sharing adapter created on my PC (Windows XP) when the T-mobile internet connection and PC connection on my Ameo is established, the internet sharing adapter on my PC gets an IP address 192.168.0.2 and default gateway but I can not ping the default gateway IP 192.168.0.1, I can ping the default gateway if I use BT connection. My USB cable is Data and charging combine.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance
Chichigirl

Last edited:

Karl8

Sep 25, 2012
VDAVIDE, you may be pleased to hear this.

just TURN OFF BLUETOOTH in comms manager, go to internet sharing and select USB/T-mobile (or whatever your connection is called) then hit connect. It then just connects as a local area connection - no need for drivers - nothing - it's absolutely brilliant and means I can just plug and browse on any laptop. Screw the bluetooth connection, I'm sticking with USB - more reliable, more convenient and it charges my phone too.

I'm trying to use Samsung Galaxy S3 to go internet via laptop (Fujitsu Lifebook s7020, Windows XP). For tethering (usb, wi-fi) Samsung suggests to download tetherxp.inf for Windows XP, but it doesn't work. So I just plugged usb and under internet connections I saw Samsung USB connection and it was connected (Local Area Connection 20, speed 425,9 Mbps, status connected), but no browser (explorer, mozilla) found internet connection. Any idea?