Thanks Meter: 46

By Midnitte, Senior Member on 5th January 2013, 07:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th February 2013, 12:17 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Shuttleworth is saying that the first device will come in october: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/02/f...s-shuttleworth
9th February 2013, 07:22 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
This thread should be ubuntu for the dumb. Most people havent read anything and are asking questions if android apps will be available on ubuntu they dont even know which thread to post what in. Please we need this threat to explain to them to ask retarded questions...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danyal241 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danyal241 Ad-Free
9th February 2013, 04:33 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyal241

This thread should be ubuntu for the dumb. Most people havent read anything and are asking questions if android apps will be available on ubuntu they dont even know which thread to post what in. Please we need this threat to explain to them to ask retarded questions...

You mean to explain to them to not ask retarded questions? =p
9th February 2013, 06:49 PM |#24  

More
Re: Common Sense/Info
Even I am a noob but its just that most ppl don't read....

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 12:01 PM |#25  
Flag Oahu
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There is no helping that man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TingTingin

I cannot take it anymore this guy is spewing so much bullsh*t it's amazing

Please please someone help this man

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37441407

[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/center]

Truly no helping that guy. That was quite an entertaining read though! Sounds like someone may owe someone else a Nexus 4 too!
19th February 2013, 09:06 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Updated with the tablet news, also added stuff about checking your phone's development forum for checking on ETAs since we're only a few days out. =p
21st February 2013, 02:03 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Not going to bother adding this since we're close to the preview, but OMG Ubuntu! has a nice article about what to expect from the preview.
21st February 2013, 02:25 AM |#28  
Flag peru
Thanks Meter: 1,284

More
Re: Common Sense/Info (ETAs, Ports, etc)
Waiting with baited breath

PHONE SLOW CLICK ME?
21st February 2013, 01:34 PM |#29  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Well its the 21st and Ubuntu are announcing on there site that the Ubuntu for Phone images will be released later today, not that that's new news, just buzzin its not been moved back.

Quote:

Ubuntu Phone

What To Expect from the Ubuntu Touch Developer Preview
BY JOEY-ELIJAH SNEDDON13 HOURS AGO 69 COMMENTS
Later today a developer preview of Ubuntu Touch will be made available to download and install on a handful of Nexus devices.

One thing I did see on there site that I've not read is that the tablet version will be released for the Nexus 7 as well as the Nexus 10

Quote:

Confirming the expected, Canonical have unveiled a new ‘tablet’ face for Ubuntu as part of their focus on convergence across devices.

The tablet-orientated version of Ubuntu is based on Ubuntu Touch – the same version used on Ubuntu Phones – so is gesture-heavy in use.

Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 owners will be able to download and ‘flash’ Ubuntu Touch onto their devices this coming Thursday.

But despite last-minute speculation no hardware partners intending to pre-install the device have been announced.

[sourse]: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/02/u...oming-thursday

. I was only aware of the first preview images being releases for the Nexus 10 and Nexus 4, but that said - I have been in bed dying for the last 9 days, not even well enough to surf the web on the road to recovery now at last. (Enough about me anyway).

I was also thinking that with the images being made available today, there's going to be a lot of very busy Developers (don't u just love them) working there jiggery pokery and there magic and porting this long awaited mobile OS to many many devices, (fingers crossed for SGS3) it might be a good idea to post links in the OP to the different ports as they become available. I'm sure they'll be plenty of links to different ports getting posted in this thread over the next days/weeks. The OP could verify them and copy them to the OP, that's of course if he's got the time and also wouldn't mind.

Or how about starting a new thread??

Anyway I'm really looking forward firstly to flash Ubuntu on my Nexus 7 and then keeping my eyes peeled for a port for the International Samsung Galaxy S3, I'm dual booting my SGS3 at the moment using Gokams SiyahKernel Dual boot Kernel, I'm really hoping I can Dual boot between Android and Ubuntu, now that would be awsome.

Marc <NexusCrazy>
22nd February 2013, 01:41 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

More
Will post links to port threads once they start happening, be sure to post em here =p
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnitte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midnitte Ad-Free
22nd February 2013, 02:36 AM |#31  

More
Re: Common Sense/Info (ETAs, Ports, etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnitte

Will post links to port threads once they start happening, be sure to post em here =p

I hope there is a port for my amaze that might be too much for the asking...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)