[DEV][CRACKFLASHERS] 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN84D (Gnex)/ JRN84C (SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Successfully ported. Partially working. :)

Whats working?

-Touchscreen
-Bluetooth
-GPU
-Camera
-Softkeys
-NFC
-Butter
-SDcard
-ADB
-USB

What's not working?

-Audio
-Wifi
-GSM
-libwvm
-More stuffs not working.

snapshot20120629u.jpg

More Proper Screenshot

Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-24-23.png
Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-40-39.png
Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-42-40.png
Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-44-38.png
Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-47.png
Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-36.png

Download: http://files.mrks.me/JRN84D_NS.zip (md5: 28e935c14c31f38940b0c9ced0778766)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK port by Steve676 (Wifi Working)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28113909&postcount=258 No Gapps

Last edited:

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
Hey guys, i eventually trying to port Jelly Bean on our device, but its a no go, anyone can help here?

Code:
I/Netd    ( 9965): Netd 1.0 starting
I/mediaserver( 9964): ServiceManager: 0x40ce2d80
I/AudioFlinger( 9964): Using default 3000 mSec as standby time.
I/CameraService( 9964): CameraService started (pid=9964)
W/AudioFlinger( 9964): findSuitableHwDev_l() loading well know audio hw modules
E/AudioFlinger( 9964): int android::load_audio_interface(char const*, audio_hw_d
evice_t**) wrong audio hw device version 0000
I/AudioFlinger( 9964): loadHwModule() error -22 loading module primary
E/AudioFlinger( 9964): int android::load_audio_interface(char const*, audio_hw_d
evice_t**) wrong audio hw device version 0000
I/AudioFlinger( 9964): loadHwModule() error -22 loading module a2dp
evice_t**) couldn't load audio hw module audio.usb (No such file or directory)
I/AudioFlinger( 9964): loadHwModule() error -2 loading module usb
E/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 9964): Failed to initialize hardware output stream, sa
mplingRate: 0, format 0, channels 0
E/AudioPolicyService( 9964): couldn't init_check the audio policy (No such devic
e)
E/SchedPolicy( 9964): open of /dev/cpuctl/apps/bg_non_interactive/tasks failed:
No such file or directory
E/BandwidthController( 9965): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/iptables -t r
aw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256
E/BandwidthController( 9965): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/ip6tables -t
raw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256
D/MDnsDS  ( 9965): MDnsSdListener::Hander starting up
E/Netd    ( 9965): Unable to start MDnsSdListener (Invalid argument)
E/SocketListener( 9965): Obtaining file descriptor socket 'mdns' failed: Invalid
 argument
I/Netd    (10086): Netd 1.0 starting
I/ServiceManager(   72): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
I/ServiceManager(   72): service 'media.player' died
I/ServiceManager(   72): service 'media.camera' died
I/ServiceManager(   72): service 'media.audio_policy' died
I/Netd    (10112): Netd 1.0 starting

Is this the whole log?

Reactions: chad90r and sifte

Oodie

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Kuliyapitiya
I'm not much of a expert but ,
something with audio drivers ? have you tried replacing them
E/AudioFlinger( 9964): int android::load_audio_interface(char const*, audio_hw_d evice_t**) wrong audio hw device version 0000

and also check files on bin folder . :rolleyes: can't say much without goods on hand :eek: unfortunately , doesn't have the bandwidth to download the files right now :(

Articudos

Dec 20, 2011
I'm not good at this part, but one korean developer(jijonheyoni, galaxy s2 korean varient dev) said that this problem can be caused because kernel's library and platform library is not corresponding.....(I'm just translating..:p)
Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Oodie

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Kuliyapitiya
I'm not good at this part, but one korean developer(jijonheyoni, galaxy s2 korean varient dev) said that this problem can be caused because kernel's library and platform library is not corresponding.....(I'm just translating..:p)

yeah , quite possible , since JB kernel is updated ( as i think lookin @ GN's screenshots ) & the kernel should correspond with audio/video drivers
& also there are huge improvements in video & audio in JB even wifi & network i guess .

treUse

Jan 31, 2011
There are multiple devs for One X and SGS3 that's got a booting and functional port of JB to their devices. You could try contacting one of them.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
yeah , quite possible , since JB kernel is updated ( as i think lookin @ GN's screenshots ) & the kernel should correspond with audio/video drivers
& also there are huge improvements in video & audio in JB even wifi & network i guess .

The ramdisks arent to much different. There are few new files though. init.trace.rc and init.usb.rc...but other then those its pretty close. Shouldnt we be able to use an ICS boot.img? I could be way off here but we are kinda backporting from a totally different device then what we have. I think a lot of fmjar edits could get it closer.

treUse

Jan 31, 2011
Have you tried packaging the from with a cm9 kernel, and then simply bring in all libraries, etc. it mentions?

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
Have you tried packaging the from with a cm9 kernel, and then simply bring in all libraries, etc. it mentions?

Its gonna be a little tougher then that I think. When you bring over all the libs from CM or AOKP then you have to add in all the native methods in fmjar and services jar. I think we are gonna have to strace a lot of this and see what libs are playing nice and what ones arent.

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
yea I will send you a PM with my gmail addy

ok.

I'm not much of a expert but ,
something with audio drivers ? have you tried replacing them

and also check files on bin folder . :rolleyes: can't say much without goods on hand :eek: unfortunately , doesn't have the bandwidth to download the files right now :(

Could be, but the bin is already replaced with the sdk + Gnex's jb bin... And some are still ics because of Nexus S hardware.

yea tons of fmjar edits are in order in addition to the audio files

Neh, Faryaab didn't edit the fm.jar and it worked fine.

Nope. Kernel doesn't improves anything. It's only the framework.jar and the libs.
The ramdisks arent to much different. There are few new files though. init.trace.rc and init.usb.rc...but other then those its pretty close. Shouldnt we be able to use an ICS boot.img? I could be way off here but we are kinda backporting from a totally different device then what we have. I think a lot of fmjar edits could get it closer.

i edited the ramdisk, so the schedconfig didn't spammed on my log.

rlasalle15

Oct 6, 2010
Providence, RI
Nope. Kernel doesn't improves anything. It's only the framework.jar and the libs.

i edited the ramdisk, so the schedconfig didn't spammed on my log.[/QUOTE]

What are you porting off of?

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Looking at the log, it seems like it's missing audio drivers that it is specifically looking for. It looks like the ICS kernels that you may or may not be using is probably missing the specific drivers that Jelly Bean is looking at.

I think it might help if you could maybe port the kernel that was originally compiled for Android 4.1 and ensure that it has the Nexus S drivers instead of the Galaxy Nexus drivers.

This is of course just a hypothesis and I could be absolutely wrong as I'm not a ROM developer.

deltatux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successfully ported. Partially working. :)

Whats working?

-Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Softkeys
    -NFC
    -Butter
    -SDcard
    -ADB
    -USB

What's not working?

-Audio
    -Wifi
    -GSM
    -libwvm
    -More stuffs not working.

snapshot20120629u.jpg

More Proper Screenshot

Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-24-23.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-40-39.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-42-40.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-44-38.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-47.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-29-18-49-36.png

Download: http://files.mrks.me/JRN84D_NS.zip (md5: 28e935c14c31f38940b0c9ced0778766)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDK port by Steve676 (Wifi Working)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28113909&postcount=258 No Gapps
    so here's my little mini walkthrough:

Start with a pure sdk system dump and deodex it - or use one of the dumps floating around here that are pre deodexed

you need to basically merge it with your latest ics build - I used my last compile of cm9 as a base but needless to say the closer the base is to aosp the better. You'll want to keep as much of the sdk pristine as possible basically just add in the things you need that are device specific such as:

any platform named hw libs from /system/lib/hw
    your egl files from /system/lib/egl
    your modules from system/lib/modules
    wifi, bluetooth, and gps related files from /system/etc

you also will need your idc and keymap files and all the other device specific items out of /system/usr folders so your input methods will work - no idc files means no touch screen

the above error looks like a framework and lib are not getting along. Make sure the frameworks and all of the root /libs are sdk originals you can copy libs over to your sdk port that are not included however just don't overwrite any

make sure you properly modifiy the build.prop to match your device

copy busybox to the working folder into /system/bin and /system/xbin make sure every binary is executable! symlink /system/bin/busybox to /system/bin/sh and replace the sdk version of toolbox bin with the ics version

in ramdisk retain your device.init.rc but replace everything else with what comes in the sdk ramdisk - download the sdk properly and extract the ramdisk as cpio.gz extract it and use it as a base only adding the device specific .rcs that you need. If init.rc needs a few changes make them but as a rule you can usually just use your device.init.rc and keep the master clean. Be sure that init.traces.rc is in your ramdisk it's a new file for jellybean and it gives a crapload of errors when it's not there.

try not to load any wifi modules for initial tests - theres some changes that are screwing mine up if I set my modules to load on boot- it prevents a full boot haha

can't think of anything else off the top of my head
    Ok, listen up, i don't like your trolls here... I'm currently sick, having a bad flu and sore throat, that is why i can't update it as i don't have the mood, can you guys wait? Steve676 has help me alot, and he already made the wifi working for you to test.

Wifi, 3G, signal, BT, GPS, NFC, Display, GPU is working. I don't need your **** saying im not a dev or a porter.

And another thing, stop asking for the 'bug' to get fix easily, think what are we? Steve has already mentioned that Audio needs some new components, can you just read? If i have the time, i will get the thread updated and stop with your bull**** nonsense....

Thread Cleaned.

Unless you are actively trying to help the OP to port this, you have no reason to post in this thread.
    If you want to chat about football, what ROMs people are using, whether or not its even worthwhile porting JB, use the Off Topic forums that cater for your otherwise useless contributions.
    It is done. It's super smooth and better than ICS. So i want the other guys, who is working on this port, work with me. So we can have a super smooth Jelly Bean port.

And also,

Whats working?

-Touchscreen
    -Bluetooth
    -GPU
    -Camera
    -Softkeys
    -NFC

What's not working?

-Audio
    -Sdcard
    -Wifi