Advanced Launcher - Now with more sweets [Version 2.1 - 25.09]

Search This thread

DarkPyroGuy 09

May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Ok so I am new at this I am running cyanogen mod - 4.2.15.1 which one would I use?, and I would like to do the replacment one. And I don't understand being able to use my computer to do the flash part of stuff, I dont understand how you run it from the computer, any help would be very much appreciated. It is amazing what you guys do with this platform.

And I would love to learn.

R

r3s-rt

Ok so I am new at this I am running cyanogen mod - 4.2.15.1 which one would I use?, and I would like to do the replacment one. And I don't understand being able to use my computer to do the flash part of stuff, I dont understand how you run it from the computer, any help would be very much appreciated. It is amazing what you guys do with this platform.

And I would love to learn.

- Plug your USB cable into the phone and your computer
- Make a backup of your original launcher: "adb pull /system/app/Launcher.apk LauncherBAK.apk"
- Remount the /system filesystem: "adb remount"
- Unzip the advanced launcher "unzip Launcher_update_x.zip"
- Push the advanced launcher "adb push AdvancedLauncher_replacement.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk"
- Remove the odex file "adb rm /system/app/Launcher.odex"
- Reboot your phone.

That? Install ADB. Google it.

DarkPyroGuy 09

May 4, 2010
Minnesota
Okay everything is fine up to this points but one I get to the part of "adb rm /system/app/Launcher.odex" it just lists the commands for the cmd? any help would be great.

JAguirre1231

Thanks for the quick post, I just tried it and it stated

I am maybe thinking that when I was trying it before that it worked and I didn't notice? Any ideas?

The odex file isn't always included. These are usually removed when the classes.dex is put into the .apk (Since the .odex is no longer needed). Since it said it doesn't exist, the command was not needed and you can now push the Advanced Launcher.

DarkPyroGuy 09

May 4, 2010
Minnesota
The odex file isn't always included. These are usually removed when the classes.dex is put into the .apk (Since the .odex is no longer needed). Since it said it doesn't exist, the command was not needed and you can now push the Advanced Launcher.

I pushed it already, I am at the reboot step. so thats what I am going to do I guess unless you say different..

Thanks for all the help, I really like this community. Android is awesome!

Edit- Thanks for all the help it works great. This is an awesome addition to my G1.

Last edited:

benwhite

Sep 15, 2009
Columbus, OH
Has anyone been able to get this running on the new CM5.0.7test2.
I tried just installing the application version, and it just force closes :(

The ADW launcher is nice, but I can't live without folders...
I hate seeing every app in my drawer...
If I wanted that I would get an iphone

Masterloki666

Oct 3, 2009
Phoenix
Please get together with the guy thats making ADW Launcher and produce this for Cyanogen 5.0.8 ;)
Yes I agree this was my defualt launcher way back when lol loved the folders as of now I have a mess of 200 apps I need to search thru to find wat I need its retarded some one needs to either update adv launcher or add folders to the new launcher

krasool

Mar 9, 2009
Badly need the advanced launcher for CM 5...please please. I do like the ADW launcher but Advanced launchers one feature of hiding app is so awesome. I have better home n some other apps that use skins n all those skins shows in the list of app...i wanna hide useless n backend apps..i have more than 200 apps..please help...i need to organize my app drawer.....need Advanced launcher for CM5

jewishjawsh

Feb 3, 2008
if all they ported was the "hide apps" option from advanced launcher to ADW launcher id be satisfied. that's the ONLY feature i SORELY miss.

stealthsal

Jul 21, 2010
i just got the Motorola i1 and it has android 1.5 i found your application on the market but its ver 1.0 .. is it the latest version out there? will it get an update later?? i love your application so much i am willing to donate. keep up the good work and hope to see more implementations on the 1.5 :D

Last edited:

XuMEPA

May 30, 2008
Hi. What about working on Android 2.1 (Eclair) ?
I try to use AdvanceLaucnher 2.1 but it crashed.. :(

dryphi

Aug 24, 2010
That should work... How did you list them?
Example: If you have a wallpaper named
wallpaper_crazy.png
Then there has to be this file in the drawables directory and also a file named
wallpaper_crazy_small.png (you said you did that, OK :)).
Then you just write the name into the assets/wallpapers.txt, delimiter is a newline.
[...]
[...]
wallpaper_crazy
[...]
And this should work. (Note: Only the name, not the extension...).
Is this the method for adding wallpapers to Launcher2.apk as well?
I couldn't find wallpapers.txt, or /assets for that matter.

I'm assuming one must edit xml files to make this work, but I'm hoping there's a simpler solution. I'd just like to add a couple images to the standard launcher.
Thanks

Rooted, running Gingerbread 2.3.1 from MicroMod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vielen dank würd mich sehr freuen ;)

Many thank i would be very happy