[Q] [DEV] Debugging on Kindle Fire via ADB?

Search This thread

keyesdav

Aug 11, 2011
Just hooked this baby up. Amazon, of course, doesn't provide any information on USB drivers or on how to enable debugging on the device. Probably one of their attempts at "security".

Anyway, looking for two things:

1. Any leads on drivers for windows. I could also do this on a Mac
2. How to enable debug mode so that I can actually test my damn apps on the device.

matt314159

Oct 19, 2007
OnePlus 8T
Everyone keeps talking about how they suspect this is running on cheapened-up BB Playbook hardware... not sure that would help at all...

AdmiralUD

Apr 12, 2007
I was able to use the google adb driver on win7 x64, but you have to add the device id to the ini file.

Edit %androidsdkdir%\google-usb_driver\android_winusb.inf

Try adding the following lines under [Google.NTx86] AND [Google.NTamd64]

;Kindle Fire
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01

Tuleen Donai

Dec 5, 2010
Still unable to get Kindle Fire to attach to Win 7 x64

I have a Lenovo W520 laptop. I've made these changes, however the Kindle Fire still comes up unrecognized in the Device Manager.

adb devices shows nothing

repeated adb kill-server, adb start-server no change

Help!

BTW, my "google_usb_driver" directory is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.

Did they move it recently?

Last edited:

terracode

Aug 2, 2009
terracode.com
Did you go to Device Manager on your PC and then select the Kindle 'Unknown Device' and update the driver by selecting the Inf file you had edited? After updating the driver the system will then show the ADB connection. This is the same process to go through when doing the Root.

Reactions: Tuleen Donai

Top Liked Posts