AMOLED Burn In Slides

Search This thread

givemefive

Mar 18, 2014
So I own a few plasma televisions and one thing that I've done is used RGB burn in slides to evenly wear the first 100-150 hours of the television.

The idea is to wear down the elements of the display quickly and evenly during the initial phase of the device so that in the future the wear from static display elements is lessened.

Has anyone tried this on their AMOLED phone with any success?

The slides are located online. I can't link as a new member. I found them at Home Theater Shack but I just googled "plasma break in slides"

I'm using this app: Digital Photo Frame Slideshow from the Play Store

I'm running on high brightness, 1 minute between slides, no transition, no text overlay, no android ui, just the images.

I'm going to do it every night for one or two weeks.

It's pretty pseudo-sciency but hopefully this will help suppress burn in from the notification and navigation soft buttons.

Last edited:

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
Burn in is different on amoled than plasma. I'm not sure how the slides will work here. The moto x should do better than other phones since we have transparent and hiding nav and status bars. But I don't think you will truly prevent it. Then again I have a plasma that's 6 years old with no noticeable "burn in".

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
Doing so will only shorten the life of the display. Granted, the life of the display is a lot longer than you'll likely keep the phone, but still. The "Burn-in" is more like a slight deactivation of one or more of the subpixel colors of the LED. You can reduce any burn in once it does happen, but I don't know of anyone that has gotten rid of it completely. Running RGB slides also probably won't do much either to prevent it.