[Q] Siyah kernel profiles?

Search This thread

juiceshifted

Nov 21, 2012
seattle
Im using the latest siyah kernel 7.9 i believe with the latest aokp 4.2.1 rom, and everytime i try to select the performance profile my phone will freeze at some point while booting up. Ive also tried changing to the performance and the extreme performance profiles via Stweaks and when i do my phone freezes immediately afterwards. Ive tried all the usual trouble shooting stuff reinstalled the kernel wipe cache, dalvik etc, same results. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Im using the latest siyah kernel 7.9 i believe with the latest aokp 4.2.1 rom, and everytime i try to select the performance profile my phone will freeze at some point while booting up. Ive also tried changing to the performance and the extreme performance profiles via Stweaks and when i do my phone freezes immediately afterwards. Ive tried all the usual trouble shooting stuff reinstalled the kernel wipe cache, dalvik etc, same results. Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for a solution would be appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't tried those profiles, but as they are high performance, perhaps they include over clocking? If so, have you run stable over clocked on that ROM previously? Of not, then that might be the issue. Or maybe your phone just doesn't like the governor/scheduler combo in that profile. I get lockups with Pegasus/sio all the time... never worked on my phone no matter what ROM or kernel.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

juiceshifted

Nov 21, 2012
seattle
re:

yea my phones always been stable overclocking up to 1400mhz on every rom i've tried. its once i get to 1500mhz is when my phone starts to freeze which is disappointing cuz my last sghi777 s2 was always stable up to 1600mhz. just interested in trying these profiles, still looking for a solution.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

juiceshifted

Nov 21, 2012
seattle
re:

yea my phones always been stable overclocking up to 1400mhz on every rom i've tried. its once i get to 1500mhz is when my phone starts to freeze which is disappointing cuz my last sghi777 s2 was always stable up to 1600mhz. just interested in trying these profiles, still looking for a solution.
Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

I'm going to start with the obvious, did you follow the instructions to reboot into recovery after flashing the kernel before rebooting into the rom and reset the profiles?? It is known to cause havoc with profiles if you don't reset them prior to the first boot. Secondly, any other performance control apps will interfere with stweaks, make sure you don't have aokp's performance control settings set up for set on boot. I personally had issues running siyah with aokp but others have not, for testing purposes you may try another rom temporarily.

juiceshifted

Nov 21, 2012
seattle
I'm going to start with the obvious, did you follow the instructions to reboot into recovery after flashing the kernel before rebooting into the rom and reset the profiles?? It is known to cause havoc with profiles if you don't reset them prior to the first boot. Secondly, any other performance control apps will interfere with stweaks, make sure you don't have aokp's performance control settings set up for set on boot. I personally had issues running siyah with aokp but others have not, for testing purposes you may try another rom temporarily.

yea i followed the directions of the op exactly, i think ive figured out what my problem is now. the max frequency in the performance profile setting is 1500mhz, and my device isnt stable at 1500mhz. although my device doesnt freeze instantly when set at 1500. I'm thinking that is probably part of the problem.

yea i followed the directions of the op exactly, i think ive figured out what my problem is now. the max frequency in the performance profile setting is 1500mhz, and my device isnt stable at 1500mhz. although my device doesnt freeze instantly when set at 1500. I'm thinking that is probably part of the problem.

Very likely, some phones don't like certain frequencies

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium