• Yes! ;)

Votes: 112 97.4%
  • No... :(

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

tacc

Dec 7, 2009
I just installed it yesterday on my Qtek 8500 and noticed one problem.

I have a problem with the volume of the "New e-mail" sound. In the "Sounds" Menu I can choose to play the sound. The volume depends on the general volume setting (the one that can be changes with the button on the left side of the screen.
But when I receive an E-Mail the sound is very loud. Too loud to be acceptable. I didn't find any way to change this. Could this be a bug?
Its the same with the "Exclamation" sound. But is not nearly as loud.

I didn't receive a call or SMS yet. But I supose it happens to every sound.

Aug 2, 2007
I just installed it yesterday on my Qtek 8500 and noticed one problem.

I have a problem with the volume of the "New e-mail" sound. In the "Sounds" Menu I can choose to play the sound. The volume depends on the general volume setting (the one that can be changes with the button on the left side of the screen.
But when I receive an E-Mail the sound is very loud. Too loud to be acceptable. I didn't find any way to change this. Could this be a bug?
Its the same with the "Exclamation" sound. But is not nearly as loud.

I didn't receive a call or SMS yet. But I supose it happens to every sound.

It's not a bug. The buttons on the left side are only changing the volume of your speaker (and maybe the WindowsMediaplayer which i haven't tested yet).
The ringtone volume is set to loud by default.
But you can change this.. took me a while to figure it out but works like a charm and it's pretty simple.

Just got to Start > Settings > (3) Profiles > select the profile you want to change, f.e. Normal and hit Menu (upper right button) > (1) Edit >
changing 'Ring Volume' will effect the "incoming call" volume & changing 'Notification Volume' will effect the volume of SMS/MMS/eMail. ;)

Hope this helped, enjoy :)

Last edited:

piperca

Apr 18, 2009
Can someone point me in the right direction to set up MMS for AT&T? I have scoured the internet and have found dribs and drabs. It looks like I need to do more than set up the MMSC ... proxy, too? Please help!

buckyd

Mar 14, 2010
works great. no internet but thats not a biggie for me. thanks a ton erofich and his supporting cast:D

no1herd

Jun 17, 2008
I am using AT&T service I had internet before I flashed now it is busted. I have flashed many of my phones before.

Dalamak

Dec 2, 2008
Newark
Great Rom, for a great phone. Only HTC flip, and still a nice usable phone.

Is it possible to get open close sounds with this phone? how bout some kind BsB tweaks?

I see a thread and a reference to winmo Pro rom you cooked, but links are dead, any chance of still getting it? I would imagine it has more features and config settings

Last edited:

romakdaddy

Mar 6, 2009
is there any way to get key sounds back? i set them to tone but theres still no sound when i press a key....just a feature i like other than that its working good so far.

fatra

Apr 16, 2009
MyMobiler does not work

I gave this gift to my startrek just yesterday, it's really big difference against old WM5. It's working pretty well, thanks Erofich, but what stopped working is MyMobiler mymobiler.com

PC keyboard does not work, only arrow keys are working, and sometimes copy-paste. I used to writing SMS using mymobiler. Does it work for you guys?

Also, I got almost mad yesterday, I tried to setup MMS, I assume I have to setup MMSC first and then MMS (or internet?) profille in GPRS Connections, isn't it?

What's the biggest difference to WM5, any super-duper recommended programs to my startrek?

tshephard

Oct 28, 2008
Richmond
Thanks for even more improvement!

I have been using - I think v7b - for a couple of years (I send some cash at the time) and now it's even prettier with v9c, and much simpler - virtually 1 touch. My phone is new again for a couple of years!
Thanks!!

Reactions: Erofich

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Mobile 6.1 AKU 1.6.0 (ENG / RUS)
    5.2.21040 Build 21040.1.6.0

V9c
    V9c ROM changes:
    • time-bomb removed
    • fixed hardware buttons shortcuts
    • Jbed Java added
    • NET CF 3.5 added

V9c ROM Download:
    download automated install
    LINK UPDATED in 2023.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

V9b
    V9b ROM changes:
    • fixed low-speed microSD cards writing/reading issue (removed microSDHC support)
    • correct and final version of russian interface
    • fixed hardware buttons shortcuts
    • removed MS Office
    • removed Jbed Java
    • removed Opera Mini
    • removed NET CF 3.5
    • removed HTC Comm Manager

Download separately:
    There is 12.97MB free space on 64MB devices after cold boot, and 26.21MB free memory.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

V9a

Author:
    Erofich

Thanks to:
    Cotulla, Alex[DFR]

Thanks to all donators!

image1r.png

What's included:
    - NET Compact Framework v3.5
    - English interface (by default)
    - Russian interface (with known issues, see below in 'Main changes')
    - xT9 Eng/Rus (english by default)
    - MS Office 6.1 (docx supported)

Main changes from V7b:
    • Core updated to Build 21040
    • System updated to Build 21040
    microSDHC cards up to 16GB support (in theory up to 32gb) (thanks Cotulla;))
    • HTCColdBoot.exe updated to one from T-Mo Shadow rom (autorestarts after coldboot now)
    • English interface included
    • Russian interface beta included. You can enable it for your own risk. By the way, known issue here with disappeared 'Sent' and 'Deleted' folders in SMS account
    • MS Office minimized (removed Power Point Mobile and One Note Mobile)
    • Network Wizard deleted
    • SIM Manager updated (cyrillic symbols now reads/writes ok)
    • HTC Animation added
    • JBed Java added
    • Opera Mini added
    • HTC Volume Control added
    • ArcSoft MMS updated from v3.5 to v5.0.25
    • HTC Phone Canvas 2G v2.0 added
    • PIM Backup added
    • Bluetooth SAP (Remote SIM Access) added
    • Clock on Top 12 hour format option added
    • New homescreen layout/theme added from my T-Mo Shadow (HTC Juno) rom

Instructions:
    0. make a SuperCID! Required!
    1. make an application unlock (REQUIRED if flashing from official roms only!)
    2. run RUU_STAR100_WM61STD_V9a.exe on your PC
    3. follow the instructions
    4. wait until flash process will be completed
    You can flash it over ANY (Qtek, Dopod, HTC or Cingular) rom!

You are using my stuff at your own risk.
    I've tried it on my own device and didn't find any problem.
    I take no responsibility for any harm or damage to yourself, your device, computer or your dog's leg.

If flashing process goes wrong, you can always rollback to an official rom. Just
    download your manufacturer's rom, go to bootloader mode (when your device
    is turned off, hold both record (notes) and camera buttons and connect an USB
    cable to your PC), and run a downloaded ROM Update Utility.

If you like my work you can DONATE me via PayPal:
    donate
    Thanks for even more improvement!

I have been using - I think v7b - for a couple of years (I send some cash at the time) and now it's even prettier with v9c, and much simpler - virtually 1 touch. My phone is new again for a couple of years!
    Thanks!!