[ROM][2.2] »» Cognition 4.5.3 «« | The Original Captivate Rom

Search This thread

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
Off topic but since were you pop on at... With cognadian bacon leak that messed up internal SD card , what exactly caused it and fixed it.. Got a hunch on how to fix something on captivate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

It has something to do with one of the leaks, I haven't had a captivate in over a year, sorry, not a clue how we fixed that. Probably formatting it from recovery or manually to fix it.

Avikar

May 31, 2012
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
Easy to flash.

If coming from ics or jb,

1. Flash to stock. (I flashed to 2.3.5 with boot loaders) *

2. Flash corn kernel. (I rooted my phone using it) *

3. install cognition using corn kernel.

4. recovery will reboot then install cognition again.

5. Done.

* use 4-2ndtwin's Helpful I897 Links from the above comment to find any tool you need. :D

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    COG4-Thread-Header-LG-noReflection.png

Cognition Chat on FreeNode.net

Rom features

Based on I897UCKB1
    Rooted, deodexed, zipaligned
    CogKernel 4.1:
    -KB1 based
    -Voodoo Sound v9
    -Voodoo Lagfix
    -Voodoo Color
    -Updated Jhash3
    -BLN v7
    -Lowmemorykiller patched
    -BFQ scheduler (CFQ default)
    -SIO Scheduler (Simple IO Scheduler)
    -EXT4 Updates
    -TinyRCU
    -TUN/CIFS Support

Mods, Fixes, Additions:
    -Hardened against ads, anonymous stats collection, malware, etc...
    -Multi-Lock (5 lock screens)
    -Touchwiz Launcher fixed (smooooth)
    -Custom launcher layout
    -SGSII wallpapers and sounds
    -Extended power options
    -Accurate battery
    -init.d support
    -PlumbBob GPS Fix v1 GLOBAL
    -Tethering Enabled
    -Enabled HSPA Icon (Does not replace 3g symbol, displays H when using HSPA)
    -Fugutweaks
    -Voodoo control app
    -/system and rootfs mount as rw
    -Voice Dialing (wired, handset, bluetooth)
    -Gallery Fix (no battery drain)

Removed:
    -Samsung apps
    -AT&T apps
    -Messages from call log and sorting options
    -Power options header
    -PhoneSetupWizard
    -Battery Full Notification

Settings:
    -Boot sound optional
    -Boot animation customizable (disables boot sound)
    -Haptic feedback enabled
    -Lockscreen sounds enabled
    -Sideloading enabled
    -Default_wallpaper in framework
    -AM/PM Toggle (Settings>Date & Time)
    -Stay Awake option (Settings>Applications>Development)

Cognition v4.5.3 Changelog: (6/5/2011)
    Revert Bionic (breaking wifi and some video playback)
    Installer Script Changes:
    -Remove wifi settings on upgrade (some cannot connect without clearing after upgrade)
    -Clean out other useless files (faster backup/restore)

Cognition v4.5.2 Changelog: (6/5/2011)
    Speed Optimizations:
    -Bionic 1.1 (optimized libc.so)
    Install script fix (commands not found on some recoveries due to improper path)
    RagePatch (just incase)
    Reboot to recovery from Rom Manager fix
    Added Bln Control app to Cog Apps Installer
    Junk files clean up

Full Log: http://designgears.github.com/cognition/log.txt

Reset your ringtone and notification sounds after updating!! They might be set to silent or something totally random.
    Make sure you backup either with Titanium Backup or Backup from recovery before flashing. Sometimes the update process will cause forecloses and/or bootloops and it is impossible for me to detect every scenario in which that might happen.

Download Cognition
    http://db.tt/kHOuJATB

Known Issues
    Cannot link notification and ringtone volume
    No birthdays syncing in contacts from corporate email
    No lock screen when on call (puzzle unlock only)
    To get back to Auto network mode from 2G(gsm) you need to enable 3G(wcdma), then enable auto

Troubleshooting
    Voice search won't search contacts? (fix)
    No birthdays syncing with calendar from contacts? (fix)
    LbsTestMode settings must be manually updated as well
    SUPL/CP Settings:
    Server FQDN = Custom Config
    Server: supl.google.com
    Server Port: 7276
    SUPL Secure Socket = ON
    AGPS Mode = SUPL
    Application Settings: Tracking
    S/W Test
    MS Based
    Hot Start
    GPS Plus = On
    Dyn accuracy = on
    Accuracy = 40
    GPS logging = off

Credits:
    Supercurio
    adamholden85
    gicuenitro
    eXistZ
    darkyy
    whitehawkx
    cyanogen

It is pretty self explanatory as far as updating / installing 4.21. In all four cases, mentioned below, use the recovery menu to install the zip you choose using the 'Install zip from SDCard' option (do not use Rom Managers GUI).

IF YOU ARE ON 4.2 right now and you DONT want overclocking, install the non OC patch (labeled in bold as "Kernel Only / Update from 4.2 Only (Non-Overclocked)". Use the CWM version which is the top most link under the bolded text.

IF YOU ARE ON 4.2 right now and you WANT overclocking, install the OC patch (labeled in bold as "Kernel Only (Overclocked)". Use the CWM version which is the top most link under the bolded text.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON 4.2 (earlier version of Cog, coming from a different rom or stock) and you DONT want overclocking, use the full rom (labeled in bold as "Full Rom (Non-Overclocked)". Use the CWM version which is the top most link under the bolded text.

IF YOU ARE NOT ON 4.2 (earlier version of Cog, coming from a different rom or stock) and you WANT overclocking, use the full rom (labeled in bold as "Full Rom (Overclocked)". Use the CWM version which is the top most link under the bolded text.

Make sure all your contacts are synced with Google and any data on your phone (pictures, movies, music, documents, etc.) is backed up OFF THE PHONE (ie. not in contact with the phone - DONT keep it on the external sd card and leave the sdcard in place when you flash - just to be safe, remove the external sd card if you are using one).

If you are on stock, you need to root, install Rom Manager, Titanium Backup, do a nandroid backup of your phone, do a Tit backup of your apps, use Odin to restore to JI6 stock, reroot, re-install Rom Manager and Clockwork Recovery and use the recovery menu to install the zip you downloaded. This is a very brief summary and there are more detailed instructions available elsewhere.

If you are already running Cognition or other custom rom, make sure all your apps are backed up using Titanium Backup (or other preferred app backup tool). Then, make sure you have Rom Managers clockwork recovery installed on your phone (or if you are already running Cognition, do NOT reflash clockwork recovery as Cognition uses its own custom recovery menu - from my understanding anyway). Reboot your phone into Recovery mode and use the 'Install zip from SD card' option. The rom will automatically wipe the phone memory and cache. Once it is complete (you are back at the Recovery menu and able to move around the menu), use the 'Go Back' option at the bottom of the list, hit the power button, then scroll down to 'Reboot Phone Now' and hit the power button again.

If all went well, it will boot up into Cog.
    Cognition 4.4 is now LIVE!
    changelog in the op; check out the ads, buy me a beer or chipin! (if you want to)
    This is the moment you have all been waiting for...

Cognition v4.2 is now LIVE!
    (changelog in the op, enjoy the oc/uv, click the **** outta those ads! :D)
    might have found the issue, thinking it may be the audience chip config causing the dialer to do strange stuff. I think it just gets compiled with enabling it in the config, and doing what I did enables other stuff not needed on the captivate. Not sure yet tho, I will be testing the kernel thru the day and check voice quality to make sure the chip is enabled and not causing problems.