FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2017, 07:54 PM |#10121  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWrecktor

Hi guys,
I'm thinking about buying a new smartphone. My few requirements are:
1. Less than 5.5inch screen.
2. Atleast 720p HD.
3. 4G/LTE with all frequency bands support.
4. Minimum 2GB RAM.
5. Above average camera.
6. Good battery life.
7. Can be Rooted and has great Dev Support on XDA (Cyanogem, custom Roms etc.)

I was using Galaxy S5. Gave it to my grandfather. Miss it and still love it tbh.

Now using Iphone 5s (cousin's spare). Need to buy a new phone by the end of next month.

My budget is 400$ or less. Can be used for average gaming (medium to high end games) but more browsing..shoots..mails..productivity and customizations.
So please help.

Thanks in advance!

Could you mention your budget and performance requirements (average or excellent for heavy gaming etc.)? Just edit your previous post.
Budget phones: Motorola has some great phones like Moto G4 or Moto E3 Power. If Xiaomi is available, then try Redmi note 3/4. Also consider Honor 6X.

Recommended (flagship phones):
1. OnePlus 3T(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, fastest Android currently available) @ $440
2. Honor 8
3. Xiaomi Mi 5.
4. ZTE Axon 7
Hit thanks if it helped.

28th January 2017, 08:19 PM |#10122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviralrstg

Could you mention your budget and performance requirements (average or excellent for heavy gaming etc.)? Just edit your previous post.
Otherwise Motorola has some great phones like Moto G4 or Moto E3 Power. If Xiaomi is available, then try Redmi note 3/4. Also consider Honor 6x.

Hey bud, thanks for your reply.
I have already updated/edited my post.
Kindly reply for the same (if more choices available)

Best.
29th January 2017, 02:53 PM |#10123  

More
Hey folks.
I'm looking for a super cheap prepaid type phone that can be rooted and run xposed framework.
As an example I bought a Tracfone LG X Style for $50 which apparently has some nuclear grade patching preventing root. Anything similar with good support/images ? Ideally south of $100
29th January 2017, 03:12 PM |#10124  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damhna

Hey folks.
I'm looking for a super cheap prepaid type phone that can be rooted and run xposed framework.
As an example I bought a Tracfone LG X Style for $50 which apparently has some nuclear grade patching preventing root. Anything similar with good support/images ? Ideally south of $100

Try Moto G first gen.
29th January 2017, 03:19 PM |#10125  

More
Phone less than 300 with good network connection, autonomy and security
Sorry, I'm completely lost with all thoses smartphone..

I need a smartphones with :
+ Good autonomy
+ Fingerprint
+ Best network reception
+ Android 6
+ Less than 300€

I don't care for :
- Quality Screen
- Megapixel Camera
- Brand (LG, Samsung, Huawei, Honor, Meizu..) I really don't care
- Design, it can be ugly I'm fine with it

In advance, thank you very much for your advices, I really appreciate it
29th January 2017, 05:18 PM |#10126  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
ROM compatible tablet
Hello, I'm in the market for a 8-9in tablet. My list of priorities:
  • ROM (LineageOS, if not now, eventually) compatible.
  • Must be 1080p or higher
  • 2GB RAM or greater

It's really simple. Price isn't that important, but I'd like to pay $200 or less, even if it must be a used tablet. ROM compatibility is huge, and it will completely sway my decision if I could find one made by a company that was actually developer friendly (Sony?). I had a really poor experience with the Nvidia Tablet and the craptastic LG-LK430. If Nexus/Google tablets were still being manufactured, and didn't completely suck (like the derpy Nexus 9 ), that would have been an instabuy.

Thanks for your time.
29th January 2017, 05:40 PM |#10127  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avuton Olrich

Hello, I'm in the market for a 8-9in tablet. My list of priorities:

ROM (linearOS, if not now, eventually) compatible.
Must be 1080p or higher
2GB RAM or greater

It's really simple. Price isn't that important, but I'd like to pay $200 or less, even if it must be a used tablet. ROM compatibility is huge, and it will completely sway my decision if I could find one made by a company that was actually developer friendly (Sony?). I had a really poor experience with the Nvidia Tablet and the craptastic LG-LK430. If Nexus/Google tablets were still being manufactured, and didn't completely suck (like the derpy Nexus 9 ), that would have been an instabuy.

Thanks for your time.

I'm also in the market for a new tablet. Same requirements.
I currently using Nexus 7(2012) - WiFi
29th January 2017, 07:28 PM |#10128  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 812

More
Doesn't seem like much of answers/suggestions/recommendations, more asking. Does anyone actually reply

I am looking for a tablet to keep next to me, while streaming tv on my PC. I've been considering a Nexus 9 or an Nvidia Shield K1, any recommendations within the $150-200 mark on www.swappa.com perhaps? Mostly to browse, socialize, live stream interaction during shows (aka second screen), but still handle some gaming (but not necessarily)
30th January 2017, 02:50 PM |#10129  
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle

Doesn't seem like much of answers/suggestions/recommendations, more asking. Does anyone actually reply

I am looking for a tablet to keep next to me, while streaming tv on my PC. I've been considering a Nexus 9 or an Nvidia Shield K1, any recommendations within the $150-200 mark on www.swappa.com perhaps? Mostly to browse, socialize, live stream interaction during shows (aka second screen), but still handle some gaming (but not necessarily)

Saw you posted on my other thread that was closed. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...year-t3505908/

I like the Nexus 9 I got and gave my daughter my Nexus 7 2nd gen. I pretty much only use it in bed to read and surf so I can't comment on games or anything else. But it's a really good size for reading and works well. I rooted it pretty much immediately and am keeping it up to date with OTAs using Flash Fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to henderjr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henderjr Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 03:29 PM |#10130  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 812

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr

Saw you posted on my other thread that was closed. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...year-t3505908/

I like the Nexus 9 I got and gave my daughter my Nexus 7 2nd gen. I pretty much only use it in bed to read and surf so I can't comment on games or anything else. But it's a really good size for reading and works well. I rooted it pretty much immediately and am keeping it up to date with OTAs using Flash Fire.

I was considering it or the Nvidia Shield. But one reviewer hit it on the nose when he mentioned the 4:3 screen ratio and its use or purpose, comparing it to the Ipad Air and the nexus 7.

He flipped the Nexus 7 landscape, that's when I realized, to get the appropriate view or maximize the screen view you have to really flip the N7 or any rectangle tablet. So you get more viewing real-estate side to side but severely limited the height. With the Nexus 9 you don't really need to and if you do you get a lot of viewing surface either way. Others recommend if you're needing that style of reading viewing content surface, might as well get a 10", but see that really takes away from the portability, if that makes sense...

I got an Unlocked Nexus 9 LTE off swappa, waiting on delivery, can't wait. I want to use it as my "second screen" while watching shows/streams to live interact with the casts/streamers/chat, browse, social sites while binging shows and watch shows on it with kodi in bed or couch, as well as try out some games.

My other option would have been a Pixel C, but it's a tad too big and price is much higher still..
2nd February 2017, 11:48 AM |#10131  

More
Hi,

I'm in doubt between Leeco Le Pro3 6/64, Axon7 4/128 or Xiaomi Mi5 4/64.
What would u guys suggest? My first choice would be Axon7 but what keeps me away is Battery life? All other satisfy my criteria.
Le pro3 has outstanding performance and battery, all others comparing to mentioned two is so so.
Xiaomi mi5? Nice and light in between those two...
As not being a heavy user, my priorities are
- fluid and smooth operation which all three satisfy
- upgrades and stability
- somehow maybe prefer 5.5'' (now using LG G2 2/16)
- don't play games so much (time to time)
- daily use FB, messenger, 2 emails, Internet browsing, few other apps,
- camera 60-40
- music and multimedia 60-40
Hmm what else... as average user...
Just want to have better battery than LG G2 has (or had as new)...now charging 2-3 time per day.

Hope your opinions and suggestions will help me to choose what I'm looking for.

Budget is not more that $400.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)