FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2012, 01:30 AM |#221  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazboyz

thank you sir for quick reply

do u suggest any other phone than htc xt or sg3

if i buy do you want me to buy from at&t or just buy it wtih regular price..

(I said one xl. The one you want to AVOID is the XT)
And AT&T has the big three of the big three right now, sgs 3, one x, and Atrix HD. However since you didn't like your experience with the s3, and the Atrix HD is worse than one xl and sgs3, I'd test your luck with the one x
As for buying full price or not... depends on if you don't mind sticking with the same phone for 2 years

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

20th September 2012, 03:43 AM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazboyz

thank you sir for quick reply

do u suggest any other phone than htc xt or sg3

if i buy do you want me to buy from at&t or just buy it wtih regular price..

Defiantly BUY IT OFF CONTRACT FROM ROGERS! AT&T ones are not rootable as of currently. All other brands such as Rogers are rootable so buy it off contract from Rogers if you can...

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium
20th September 2012, 10:26 AM |#223  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
SGS3 not so good
SGS3 is known to have a very poor battery life due to its quad core,which actually overpowers the tons of features it has,if you like to take ur phone outside,there is a probability that the phone may get discharged soon,which is really bad if u are out all the time
20th September 2012, 11:46 AM |#224  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello i was thinking about getting a 10 inch tablet with android running but the most seem to be very expensive so i wanted to know which tablet would probably be best price/benefit ratio. An important point for me is 3G so i can surf when im not at home
20th September 2012, 02:44 PM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
HTC One S vs LG P880 Quad Core
HTC One S vs LG P880. I mainly use my phone for internet and cam/video cam. sometimes i play games but not too much. im interested in longer battery life and these phones for me cost about the same.
20th September 2012, 03:11 PM |#226  

More
Gift for my wife
hello all,

Just looking for a android phone to gift to my gf.
She need to use a browser, a gps and take photo or video.
My idea was buy a galaxy nexus for 320euro and be happy for at least the next 2 year.
Is this a good idea or any suggestion

Thx in advance
Daniel
20th September 2012, 04:24 PM |#227  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Tutorial HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy SIII?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFox69

Any help, please...

Please... Any help from the experts???
20th September 2012, 04:28 PM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hello.
I am thinking about picking up a tablet to complement my nexus phone.
I am currently debating between the nexus 7 and the Acer A700.
Can you ease give me some opinions? I really like the nexus experience on my phone with regard to pure android and timely updates.
How is Acer in regard to updates?
The A700 seems like it has a much better screen.
I am also afraid the nexus 7 is too close in size to my phone and I might end up not using it a lot...

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
20th September 2012, 04:40 PM |#229  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaniel

hello all,

Just looking for a android phone to gift to my gf.
She need to use a browser, a gps and take photo or video.
My idea was buy a galaxy nexus for 320euro and be happy for at least the next 2 year.
Is this a good idea or any suggestion

Thx in advance
Daniel

Or you can buy HTC One S, it captures great photos and slow motion video (120fps), has LTE for faster browsing, + good sound and super AMOLED screen, + minimalistic design like other HTC phones, only bad side for me is the Micro SD slot, which doesnt exist if she dont need so much space, you can buy this phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdourado

Hello.
I am thinking about picking up a tablet to complement my nexus phone.
I am currently debating between the nexus 7 and the Acer A700.
Can you ease give me some opinions? I really like the nexus experience on my phone with regard to pure android and timely updates.
How is Acer in regard to updates?
The A700 seems like it has a much better screen.
I am also afraid the nexus 7 is too close in size to my phone and I might end up not using it a lot...

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

A700 of course, Not only screen there is better, Dolby and there is also rear camera, which is really useful thing, but if you just wanna have good tablet, buy Galaxy note 10.1, its the most powerful and amazing tablet in the world for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFox69

Please... Any help from the experts???

Galaxy SIII, because it has Super AMOLED screen (more battery friendly), faster, new touchwiz ui has amazing features, Micro SD card slot, better battery, already has JB ROMS (with touchwiz) and more...
20th September 2012, 05:27 PM |#230  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Tutorial HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy SIII?
Quote:
Originally Posted by miosine

Galaxy SIII, because it has Super AMOLED screen (more battery friendly), faster, new touchwiz ui has amazing features, Micro SD card slot, better battery, already has JB ROMS (with touchwiz) and more...

Thanks for Your help... It's 1+ more to the S3...
And what about the quality of the phone? What's your opinion?
I've always liked HTC, but no sd-card slot and no battery access...
I've read that the S3 has battery issues, and that the HTC has better screen, better camera, and frankly, I'm used to Sense phones...
But I want opinions to buy the next one, because it's not cheap phones, and I want to try the "best" of the two...

Thanks AGAIN for your opinion...
20th September 2012, 05:37 PM |#231  

More
Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2 7" or ?
Trying to decide between these two.

The Nexus looks to have the better hardware. Gorilla Glass is nice. But, with only 8Gb of memory, so much for throwing much onto it. It seems like a tablet built to continually use data.

I have the Student Edition of the GT27 and only a handful of days left before the 30-day moneyback runs out. Does not appear to have Gorilla Glass, a negative, although I am sure the Samsung version is probably close enough for jazz. If I keep it, I will put a Zagg on it anyway. It came with 8Gb onboard, but I have several spare 16Gb mSD's laying around, so no memory worries. It came with an offer to download the entire first season of "Suits" from HBO. All of those are now on the card. It seems to play all of games I like.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)