OS Bad Block Checker

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
Ok, here it is; this file will take any OS.nb and analyze it for bad blocks; it won't tell you if the OS is properly valid or not, but it can tell you if flashing it will bollocks up your Hermes or not.

no warranties as usual; and it's also quite faster without the progress bar turned on, just to let you know.

Attachments

• OSChecker.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 5,350

KevinBaker

Dec 2, 2006
Melbourne
Thanks so much, great work as always; we've been quite spoiled with new tools these last few weeks! The Hermes time has truely come!

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006
Olipro, mate truly another great tool... its getting hard to keep up... how about a wrap up thread of your tools.... :D

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
yes, a "wrap-up" thread will come in the form of ROM Kitchen which I will have released within the next two weeks... should be good ;)

montarelonf

Aug 21, 2007
OS.db

How can I get an OS.db?
I only have RUU....exe ROMs and i do not know how to obtain OS.db from it?
Can anybody help me or send me an OS.db for me to reconstruct a dumped ROM for SPV M3100 orange spain?

Thank you.

gerald_s

Mar 20, 2007
Graz
.nb
Olipro was talking about the os.nb, there's no os.db file.

You have to unpack your exe file, there should be
.) ruu.exe
and
.) ruu_signed.nbh
in it.

Then you have to use duttys good nbhtool to extract the os.nb from this ruu_signed.nbh. Its not possible to send you a .nb file because its at about 70 megs.

montarelonf

Aug 21, 2007
Thank you.
But the roms files that i download are *.exe and if i double click it, an installation window appear.
How can i extract the files you say from this *.exe?

gerald_s

Mar 20, 2007
Graz
You have to install winrar or winzip first then click with the right mouse button on this .exe and extract it to a folder.

But honestly said (and with all due respect): If you don't know how to extract a file its better to do not anything with this file nor to flash it. Because its possible to brick a device during flashing and its a long, long way to unbrick it, especially without computer knowledge and comprehension.

montarelonf

Aug 21, 2007
Thank you.
I agree with you that if i do not know how to extract a file, it is better not to do anything more complicated.
But I have extract and comprime files lots of time, the problem was that, until now, i had only ROM files from HTC and this file is an exe, not a compromed exe. So I cannot extract anything. I answer thinking that with a special programm it was possible to extract the file from this *.exe.
Now I have download a ROM from Schaps and I have got the nbh file without problems.

Thanks.