(2 May 2008) S2P v0.40 - Slide2Play - Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

naorion

Apr 30, 2008
Arlington
www.thetexangamer.com
scanned through the thread and read every word of readme, but still cannot get app to work.

I'm using a treo 800w, and the app installs fine. when I run it however, the program shows as running, and my screen freezes on whatever was up when I launched app. End key will "minimize" where I get screen control back, and talk key will shut down the app, however nothing from the app is ever displayed on screen.

Any advice?

hays

Apr 23, 2006
Absolutely AWESOME
Just installed to storage card on my O2 Orbit (HTC Artemis)

Working so amazingly well

Still gonna play but I reckon this is THE killer music app

Sure I will be donating in a few days to encourage future work

Thanks again

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
I love this app, but its lack of ID3 scanning and database integration has prevented me from using it.

I don't like having to select the music by folders and would much prefer the ability to quickly switch between genre, artist, album, and song views.

Here's to S2P v0.50 and added support for ID3-based browsing. One can only hope!

naorion

Apr 30, 2008
Arlington
www.thetexangamer.com
scanned through the thread and read every word of readme, but still cannot get app to work.

I'm using a treo 800w, and the app installs fine. when I run it however, the program shows as running, and my screen freezes on whatever was up when I launched app. End key will "minimize" where I get screen control back, and talk key will shut down the app, however nothing from the app is ever displayed on screen.

Any advice?

does this app suffer from the same lack of compatability with the 800w that S2U2 does?

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
I love this app, but its lack of ID3 scanning and database integration has prevented me from using it.

I don't like having to select the music by folders and would much prefer the ability to quickly switch between genre, artist, album, and song views.

Here's to S2P v0.50 and added support for ID3-based browsing. One can only hope!

I've thought of a simple way to overcome this problem. S2P could have an option to specify your "standard" directory structure, so that way it knows what directory level to read out a list of "artists", a list of "albums", etc.

So if you stored it as "Genre"/"Artist"/"Album"/"Track" then S2P could traverse that structure to compile a list of all genres, artists, albums, and tracks without having to look at the ID3 information at all. It could compile its database of song info by using common directory trees and allow the user to quickly skip between viewing all Artists and viewing all Tracks, as an example. This way you don't actually have to browse through the directory structure yourself and get a list of all albums which wouldn't be possible if these albums are under different artist folders.

So we can have a few standard structures to select from so S2P knows what to look for.

"Genre"/"Artist"/"Album"/"Track"
"Artist"/"Album"/"Track"
"Album"/"Track"
"Track"

Sir.B

Sep 2, 2006
N Y C
"S2Anything" Rocks - thank you

hello and thank you A_C

i love all three "S2..." apps, as many here
and i use all three,

my one wish is landscape playback controls for S2P
and any performance updates :)

thanks again

Last edited:

toad_d_wet

Jun 24, 2008
v0.40
- added AVRCP support (play/pause/next/previous) to devices that use MS BT stack.

AVRCP does not work for me.

using LG KS20
WM6

tried re-installing it still the same issue. how to resolve this

stifiling

Aug 29, 2007
hello and thank you A_C

i love all three "S2..." apps, as many here
and i use all three,

my one wish is landscape playback controls for S2P

thanks again

does A_C give a Crap about our wishes?

this whole thread is about wishes that appears to be getting flat out ignored.

i've been wishing for .m4a compability for 4/5 months now. not even a whisper in a summer breeze worth of interest has been showed regarding it.

PollieXmas

Aug 13, 2008
Hi A_C,

Thanks for breathing new life into my Touch!

I love both S2U2 and S2P!

Regards
Paul

Ps. When my phone is playing music and I connect it via USB it flickers between the now playing and battery charging screens. I use S2U2 v1.16 and S2P v0.40.

Last edited:

snachez

Jul 16, 2008
Brisbane

i've been wishing for .m4a compability for 4/5 months now. not even a whisper in a summer breeze worth of interest has been showed regarding it.

Show some respect bro, if you're soo desperate for .m4a (because it's so hard to convert it mp3 anyway) then instead of just "waiting for the last 4-5 months", why don't you learn a bit and implement the code yourself. If you can't be bothered learning how to code, shut up and enjoy what you have been given so far... (freely, I might add)

The nerve of some people here amazes me. It's not enough that your given the app at zero cost, but then feel like you need to diss the author because he's not bowing to your demands.

BTW.. How much have you donated to A_C ? Anything ? Yeah :mad:

deuzeff

Jun 14, 2008
+1

I'd add that Mr A_C very probably has a "real life" and is not spending 24/24h on his computer. People tend to forget that ;-).

BTW, as you said, there are lots lots lots of wishes, I think one man simply can't fulfill all of them, barely the one he "can" (available skills speaking) and most important, mostly the one which are costing less time.

6gex

Jul 20, 2008
sainte savine
landscape bug

hello thanks for your work
i have juste tested s2p and I have notice that on my htc touch cruise, when i tape on title to switch in landcsape mode the screen doesnt switch.
but I can see the album cover.

bye

Grondinm

Feb 18, 2008
Moncton
found an odd little bug today...not sure if its just me or my phone but it seems that if i run s2p then minimize it and open the start menu then click again on the start button to close the start menu s2p slides in in file browsing mode....if this is the intended functionality please ignore this post...would someone please try this out and confirm if it's just me or not...

jcbarron

Sep 16, 2007
I have a script which will look for album art from albumart.org and place it in the proper folder. This is great if you use S2P.

The script assumes a couple things:
- Mortscript
- your music is in \storage card\music\$artist\$album
-YOu will need GSFinder
-the folder view dropdown is visible (I scrape the path in the top dropdown to get the artist and album.
-You need to be able to execute the script from within GSFinder. (map script to button, or use a cascading menu that allows you to select the script file)

THe script basically sends the artist and album to the website,
parses the page
then pulls the image that has atag that matches the album

I get about 70% success rate....which is FINE WITH ME!

---------------------------------------------------------
musicroot = "\Storage Card\Music\"
d = windowtext(30,30)
message(d)
d = replace(d,musicroot,"")

arrMusic = split(d,"\")
theartist = arrMusic[1]
thealbum = arrMusic[2]

#message (theartist)
#message (thealbum)

thepath = "\Program Files\MortScripts\"
thefile = "dl1.html"
#connect("Data Network Connect")
connect("The Internet")
Download ("http://albumart.org/index.php?srchkey=" & theartist & "+" & thealbum & "&itempage=1&newsearch=1&searchindex=Music",thepath & thefile)
strParse = ReadFile(thepath&thefile)
mainleft = find(strParse,"main_left")
#message(mainleft)
arttitle = find(strParse, "title=", mainleft)
#message(arttitle)
if (arttitle>0)
srcstart=find(strParse, "src=", arttitle)
imagestart = srcstart + 5
#message("imagestart:" & imagestart)
imageend = find(strParse, ".jpg", imagestart) + 4
#message("imageend:" & imageend)
imagepath=substr(strParse,imagestart,imageend-imagestart)
message(imagepath)
Download (imagepath,musicroot&theartist & "\" & thealbum & "\folder.jpg")
message("refresh folder")
endif
--------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy it....I LOVE IT!

Great script, took it one step further and made it loop through the \Storage Card\Music directory collecting the artist/album names and downloading the album art only if the folder.jpg file doesn't exist already. So when you add new music just run the script again to update.

Root = "\Storage Card\Music\"
Foreach ArtistDir in Directories (Root \ "*")
Artist = replace(ArtistDir,Root ,"")
Foreach AlbumDir in directories (ArtistDir \ "*")
Album = replace(AlbumDir,ArtistDir & "\","")
If (FileExists(AlbumDir \ "folder.jpg"))
#message ("yes")
Else
Sleepmessage (1,Artist & " " & Album,"Download Album Art")
thepath = "\Program Files\MortScript\"
thefile = "dl1.html"
connect("The Internet")
Download ("http://albumart.org/index.php?srchkey=" & Artist & "+" & Album & "&itempage=1&newsearch=1&searchindex=Music",thepath & thefile)
strParse = ReadFile(thepath&thefile)
mainleft = find(strParse,"main_left")

arttitle = find(strParse, "title=", mainleft)

if (arttitle>0)
srcstart=find(strParse, "src=", arttitle)
imagestart = srcstart + 5
imageend = find(strParse, ".jpg", imagestart) + 4
imagepath=substr(strParse,imagestart,imageend-imagestart)
Download (imagepath,Root & Artist & "\" & Album & "\folder.jpg")
endif
Endif
Endforeach
Endforeach

Exit

holmanm

Apr 13, 2006
found an odd little bug today...not sure if its just me or my phone but it seems that if i run s2p then minimize it and open the start menu then click again on the start button to close the start menu s2p slides in in file browsing mode....if this is the intended functionality please ignore this post...would someone please try this out and confirm if it's just me or not...
Doesn't do it on mine, just stays on the today screen.

Sir.B

Sep 2, 2006
N Y C

i'm with deuzeff & snachez
gratefull for this gem as is

my library is not tied to Apple, and it sounds like yours is

I'm not demanding anything, just hoping

come as it may that's all,
don't forget this is FREE software probably coded on his spare time

Last edited:

A_C

Jan 5, 2007
www.ac-s2.com
v0.50 released

Thanks all for your support. v0.50 is just released here.

This thread is officially closed. (@admin, please help to close this thread. Thanks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a little problem on my treo 700wx: Sometimes, when I press the left arrows to go to the previous track, it actually goes to the next track. Same thing with the dial pad.

This was happening in .38 too.