Black Screen with new Apollo Safestrap Recovery v3.72

Search This thread

kuehni

Jan 2, 2011
I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
I have made a factory-reset of my Kindle hdx 8.9
I have root my Kindle (Firmware14.3.2.3.2) with Towelroot and have install SuperSU too. After that I installed the new Safetrape.When I install the Recovery and reboot to Recovery after reboot I get the Kindle-Logo for a short moment and then the screen gets black. No chance to create/select an plot or something. Only a reset (hold the On-Button for 20 sec) get the Kindle back to the original rom.
Any idea?
Yup it's been like noted in several threads safestrap is not compatible with the newest firmware . Uninstall recovery and uninstall app

ptrsnshane

Dec 13, 2013
Safestrap only works on firmware 14.3.1.0/ 13.3.1.0 at this point.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium HD app

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
+1

Yes, there is a method but it's highly recommend that you wait for an updated version of safestrap.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2782159
Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Free mobile app

Look around here in the general section look around you will find all the bricks .. This device has a lock bootloader and no fast boot capabilities beware the recovery of this device is very difficult if not impossible if you screw up the wrong files at least currently