[ROM] Discontinued [Classicnerd ICS / Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1] Butta HD [12-30-12]

Search This thread

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Congrats guys...I bet it's nice to get that HD monkey off your back!

Hell yeah it is. Still a few more quirks to iron out but this is definitely nice enough for the official release. Everything I've read, all have issues. Hence alpha.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

ncube2

Jan 25, 2012
I ve flashed the Moboot uImage and TGA cleaner n the usual wipe cache/dalvik/data etc couple of times before i flashed the newer version. Smooth as the name Butta ! HD video is flawless but like some pointed out i cant play any flash videos of browsers even after updating to latest flash11 version... i get sound and no video in some n some dont even play.

Is this a known issue for this build or is there something i can do to fix it.. Any help is appreciated.. And Gr8 job to the whole team as always.. Keep it coming.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
I ve flashed the Moboot uImage and TGA cleaner n the usual wipe cache/dalvik/data etc couple of times before i flashed the newer version. Smooth as the name Butta ! HD video is flawless but like some pointed out i cant play any flash videos of browsers even after updating to latest flash11 version... i get sound and no video in some n some dont even play.

Is this a known issue for this build or is there something i can do to fix it.. Any help is appreciated.. And Gr8 job to the whole team as always.. Keep it coming.

I believe its the same for other builds too isn't it? Cm, aokp, and others

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
thought a thread was created in general saying it wasn't. But if it works, I'm sure we can get it working then too.

Question, is it working from compiled source or is it an after compile add to get it working. But flash does work on ours, just not crystal clear...yet

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Leo.. Just an update the same sites that i have issues w Flash content using the CN stock browser play well with CM version on my other TP. So if u can take a look wud be great.

Yeah, that will be on the top of the to do list. Flash is extremely important for mobile users. Thanks for the feedback

detdett

Dec 6, 2011
thought a thread was created in general saying it wasn't. But if it works, I'm sure we can get it working then too.

Question, is it working from compiled source or is it an after compile add to get it working. But flash does work on ours, just not crystal clear...yet

Are there any specific examples to try out? Using the night lies and so for online streaming is fine on the stock browser

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
fpse (PS 1 emulator) doesn't working on cassicnerd rom:(

Ps1? You still play ps1 games...hehe

Just kidding.

Need more info then doesn't work. Like it loads then disappears, start to work but no screen. Something to help get it working. Maybe its flash. Does it work on other roms?

More info helps narrow down where the problem originates.

Thanks

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
Ps1? You still play ps1 games...hehe

Just kidding.

Need more info then doesn't work. Like it loads then disappears, start to work but no screen. Something to help get it working. Maybe its flash. Does it work on other roms?

More info helps narrow down where the problem originates.

Thanks

1)starts to work but when I choose the game its throws me out:(
2)yes the ps1 emulator work with other roms
ps1 its my favorite console :D lol

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
1)starts to work but when I choose the game its throws me out:(
2)yes the ps1 emulator work with other roms
ps1 its my favorite console :D lol

OK, perfect. Then its probably codec or flash related issue. I can see about that today. I will do my best to get flash working today. Sneaky suspicion its flash issue

Reactions: mikehd1959

MindSplit

Jan 20, 2011
Another Planet
How's it going fellow users?
First off, I would like to say Thanks! The team and myself together appreciate all the support that has been displayed throughout the past few months. Harsh, the help you provided us has been very welcomed and I hope to personally collaborate with you on projects from either side.

Now to the good stuff!

As you all know, Leo released the latest Classicnerd 4.04 yesterday if i'm not mistaken. I added in 2 minor modifications which include a new CN themed moboot and as always a bootanimation. I will post a link to the ROM with said additions for those that haven't yet flashed the sweet Butta . Also I am posting flashable zips of both the moboot and the bootanimation in case you already have flashed Leo's release and it isn't necessary to re-download the whole package.

Classicnerd 4.04 (with moboot and bootanimation)

http://classictomatoe.net/classicnerd.net/Betas/classicnerd-tenderloin-Butta-v4.04.0-ms.zip

CN themed moboot (flashable)

fxsAl.png

http://goo.im/devs/MindSplit/moboot.Classicnerd4.04.MindSplit.zip

boot animation (flashable)
2v0gw8y.gif

http://goo.im/devs/MindSplit/bootanimation.Classicnerd4.04.MindSplit.zip

SirRastusBear

Dec 29, 2011
Holiday,FL
How's it going fellow users?
First off, I would like to say Thanks! The team and myself together appreciate all the support that has been displayed throughout the past few months. Harsh, the help you provided us has been very welcomed and I hope to personally collaborate with you on projects from either side.

Now to the good stuff!

As you all know, Leo released the latest Classicnerd 4.04 yesterday if i'm not mistaken. I added in 2 minor modifications which include a new CN themed moboot and as always a bootanimation. I will post a link to the ROM with said additions for those that haven't yet flashed the sweet Butta . Also I am posting flashable zips of both the moboot and the bootanimation in case you already have flashed Leo's release and it isn't necessary to re-download the whole package

Awesome work MindSplit! Will you be putting these up via your app as well? I know I can easily dl from here, but thought would be nice to get some new use out of your app, lol :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Reactions: MindSplit

Toney Starks

Dec 20, 2010
hey guys ive been out the android loop on touchpad for a while.

its been ages since i actually used it, but anyways i wanna start again

and i totally forgot how to flash roms for the touchpad

the last time i did it i watched a vid and just followed the instructions

i downloaded this classic nerd terderloin zip

what next steps should i follow to get this rom up and runny.

guys im really sorry for the noobish question, please dont yell at me

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

oh and is gapps included in it?

MindSplit

Jan 20, 2011
Another Planet
hey guys ive been out the android loop on touchpad for a while.

its been ages since i actually used it, but anyways i wanna start again

and i totally forgot how to flash roms for the touchpad

the last time i did it i watched a vid and just followed the instructions

i downloaded this classic nerd terderloin zip

what next steps should i follow to get this rom up and runny.

guys im really sorry for the noobish question, please dont yell at me

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

oh and is gapps included in it?

If you're coming from an older version of CN, you can simply wipe cache and dalvik (which would be under advanced ) from recovery.

If coming from another ROM you would have to start fresh.

I would suggest doing a full wipe/factory reset in both cases.

Once you flash the ROM you will need to flash gApps if needed.

Once that is done just reboot and enjoy.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Awesome work MindSplit! Will you be putting these up via your app as well? I know I can easily dl from here, but thought would be nice to get some new use out of your app, lol :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Yea, they will be available from the app as well. I've been a bit behind the scenes with the app but I have added a few themes here and there, not sure if they pushed publicly or not.

Reactions: Toney Starks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reserved.

Thanks,
    ~leo
    Hello my fellow classicnerdians,

I just wanted to take this time and talk a little about how we can start being more possitive and less cut throat on some of the new people joining our club.

While a lot of us know that we are a bunch of sarcastic, egotistical, snobbish, nerds, they may not understand 99.9% of the time we are just kidding around. Being a sacastic SOB myself, I sit back and laugh usually. But lets try to turn this ship in the right direction please.

Something I'm considering is to close this thread and start a new one in the next day or two when we drop our ROM for the masses. Why? Well people really would have to fish thru 30 pages of not much related to developement. Also, people are starting to email and pm me pretty much with a bad taste all together from some negative comments.

Heres what I would like to see. Be more positive. Kindly just answer the questions and move on. If its a troll, let's all just pm them and keep the banter down in the thread. Chat like usual but also remember, we are here to developed, abreast question, and help. We do have a fantastic chatroom where we can kick off the shoes and give each other crap.

In the days ahead, we will be expecting a 1,000's of downloads daily and a lot more chat about this ROM verses that ROM. We need to remember, even though its officially our source, its forked from evervolv, who's forked from cm, and team kang is forked from cm. So these ROMs are very similar. Our source will become Modded with all the tricks we can possible make which may give a different approach to the ROM. But keep in mind, we need cm, we need evervolv, we need team kang, and we need all of you to help this community by setting an example of positivity, by choosing to be a leader not a follower, by helping, not slamming. Answer the question and move on. If its been addressed, let it die.

I promised you guys that all donations would be used wisely and they have been. You've assembled a team I'm proud to call my friends, ones that are willing to answer questions at 3am cause I'm stuck. I'm a sense dev at heart, but now am becoming a source dev thanks mainly because of you guys trusting and believing in my abilities so much, now I have confidense to run with the big dogs. I ask you guys do the same.

Thank you all so much. Serious. I won't forget how I got to where I'm at. I just want us to be an example for how a thread should be.

Thanks for listening.

Leo

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    You know what just post it here! Let everyone enjoy!

Maybe just throw it up here and not op yet til tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kk, i was uploading this to mediafire anyway....saving the official release for the website. Sounds good. Consider this the place for the download link.

Download Link

If you are coming from a previous version of classicnerd ICS, you should just be able to wipe cache and flash rom, then flash gapps and ur set. Coming from another rom will require a factory reset, followed by the directions above. Enjoy!

MD5 Link

Guys/Gals Make sure you hit your thanks button to everyone who's helped bring this in to existance.

TommyTomato, Me, CM, Evervolv, Harsh, Misfit, Mindsplit, ewalk, Chubbzlou, TMartin, AOKP, and more.... It's taken awhile to bring this to you but it's a really bad a$$ rom.
    you'll be happy to know that the classicnerd aosp repo is nearly completely.

I have 98% of code uploaded to github. preview here - nothing to checkout yet

I spent a good half of today getting this together. It's going to be a fun experiment.

I am going to do some final revisions and then we will post instructions for how to download then compile your own.

Beginning with the next build we have changelog, bug tracker, et cetera. Being that this is officially our source we finally feel comfortable releasing publicly as our own.

This said......

I cannot give enough thanks and love to dalingrin (on behalf of cm team) and preludedrew (on behalf of evervolv), and also AOKP. I (nor anyone else on classicnerd, I would hope) claim to be pros. But the three parties I mentioned are pros. I thank these guys for doing everything they've done thus far, and if you want to show anyone love these guys deserve it. We are in this for fun and thus far it has been a learning experience (especially since most of us are sense-devs). Once everything is up and official I will post a list of every piece of code borrowed.

I (on behalf of Classicnerd) hope you guys will enjoy what we offer. I look forward to some vanilla flavored Ice cream sammiches.

Good night everyone!
    I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thanks again for everything. Take care

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app