[Q] CWM not recognizing internal SD card

Search This thread

joeguar

Sep 13, 2012
St Louis
sorry if this has already been answered-- I tried some googling, but didn't find the exact scenario I'm in

Anyways, I finally decided to install a ROM on my GS3 today (have done it in the past with GS1) and the rooting/ installing CWM process went smoothly. However, when I went to install the ROM from recovery, it gave me a "E: Can't mount /sdcard/" message.

The phone boots up normally and I can explore the sd card after it boots. I can also launch CWM after the phone boots and choose to install the ROM there-- but when the phone restarts into recovery, I get the same error message about not being able to mount

I've tried this on CWM recovery v5.8.4.6 and v6.0.1.2, but I'm getting the same error both times. Any ideas?

UPDATE:

First off, thanks for responding, liltitiz. I've since found the solution, and will post for anyone else in a similar bind.

I tried mounting it in recovery, but it couldn't. After fiddling around with it, I realized that I was still encrypted from exchange server settings that my school mandates. After deleting the account and decrypting, recovery was able to read and flash with no problems!

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

liltitiz

Aug 15, 2012
Québec
Have you unmounted it accidentally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 AOKP + KT747, 96-2106 MHz, noop, ktoonservative, undervolted, 3150mAh battery.
Thanks to: Ktoonsez, Task650 and Cyanogen for their amazing works!

Reactions: joeguar

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer
I'm having the same problem with Touch Recovery. Doesn't happen with the other recoverys tho. And nothing is encrypted on my phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you unmounted it accidentally?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 AOKP + KT747, 96-2106 MHz, noop, ktoonservative, undervolted, 3150mAh battery.
    Thanks to: Ktoonsez, Task650 and Cyanogen for their amazing works!