[Q] XML Questions for my apk ...

Search This thread

rideascooter

Hi,

I've been trying to make this app mostly for personal use.
I actually am just changing/designing the images to just skin it really.
Feel free to check it out ( http://db.tt/qfFVq7uz ) (see attached as well), but I have a question or two about the xml stuff.

In the settings, I want to change the links that are inside there that go to other site to basically reroute them to our website.
I have tried looking at the xml files, I'm assuming that's where the link gets it's info, but not 100% sure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to change these links. Changing the images and signing the apk is no problem for me so far.
Just a little help needed with the xml stuff. I can see it with an xml reader/editor, but it all looks foreign when I open it. I know html and what should do what, so I'm not completely useless when looking at it!

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• your_app_signed.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 3

tbot

Sep 24, 2008
The links for the buttons are not going to be in the XML files. XML is just going to be the visual stuff, anything that does anything is going to be the java files. I know how to edit XML in apps, but I have no clue how to do smali edits, which is what you'd have to do in order to get the results you want.

rideascooter

Thank you. I have no idea how to edit them yet either! Doesn't mean I can't learn. I've decompiled the classes file to get to the smalis, but that's where I've stopped for now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app