[Q] Android Prison

Search This thread

humanrightsdefender

Jan 10, 2014
Hello!

I have Acer A3-A10 device and I deleted some system app because I think Google is prison. Now I clearly see this is true. Without any Google app in the system folder Android is just trash. So why anybody is talking about Open Source if the system really depend on Google. Now my device totally crashed I mean many applications force close when I open. I have no right to clean my tablet from Google? I feel I am in prison. Somebody please tell me what is the minimum system application list on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks!

aureljared

May 2, 2013
dantis.me
Redmi Note 11
Hello!

I have Acer A3-A10 device and I deleted some system app because I think Google is prison. Now I clearly see this is true. Without any Google app in the system folder Android is just trash. So why anybody is talking about Open Source if the system really depend on Google. Now my device totally crashed I mean many applications force close when I open. I have no right to clean my tablet from Google? I feel I am in prison. Somebody please tell me what is the minimum system application list on Android 4.2.2.

Thanks!

???
First of all, Android is open source because its source code literally is open to everybody - anyone can download it, modify it, and even create a device that runs it.

There's a saying: "Android's source code is nicer than most liquor stores; it is open 24 hours a day."
The vanilla Android code is at Google's Git, while CyanogenMod and other Android custom ROMs have their source code at GitHub.

Okay, what apps have you deleted?
The list of important apps depends on the software, but generally anything that starts with "com." isn't safe to delete.
If you're on stock Acer software, it's also unsafe to delete anything Acer, Google Play, and Google Services.

I also wish to tell you that if you wish to remove traces of Google from your OS, I'd recommend just flashing a custom ROM and opting to not install the GApps package.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

desilynn79

Jun 27, 2014
Houston
custom roms...

???

I also wish to tell you that if you wish to remove traces of Google from your OS, I'd recommend just flashing a custom ROM and opting to not install the GApps package.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

as of right now there isnt a recovery or custom roms for this tab and i for one am having trouble rooting because i have the incorrect system.img.gz file to put into the system and just end up in a bootloop... thank good for a stock system.img.gz that i was able to locate or id be in big trouble.. i got it for my bday from my hubby 2 weeks ago and havent really played with it much other than trying to root lol... and games and fb and things of that nature.... :silly:

anyhow.. hopefully some devs with figure out how to unlock it and start doing customs roms and a recovery for it... thatd be way awesome!:good: