[Q] Can't receive calls while on LTE

Search This thread

sporklover

Nov 12, 2007
No ISH, you still receive the call though, that's what I am trying to say..................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:rolleyes: ?

You must not have read that link at all, because it also explains that many of Sprints towers have equipment that is incompatible with circuit switch fallback, so Sprint customers on Tri-band phones ARE experiencing the inability to receive calls when they are on LTE. It also explains that once Sprint completes it's network upgrade, the incompatible equipment should have been replaced.

It was a pretty helpful link, much more helpful than claiming that the right answer is the wrong answer. Good read. Try it.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York

You must not have read that link at all, because it also explains that many of Sprints towers have equipment that is incompatible with circuit switch fallback, so Sprint customers on Tri-band phones ARE experiencing the inability to receive calls when they are on LTE. It also explains that once Sprint completes it's network upgrade, the incompatible equipment should have been replaced.

It was a pretty helpful link, much more helpful than claiming that the right answer is the wrong answer. Good read. Try it.

Well everywhere I've been that has LTE I can receive calls. Sucks for those that can't.....

And you just said in your previous post you will still receive the call. Whatever, I could care less, works for me. Good day guyy.

sporklover

Nov 12, 2007
Well everywhere I've been that has LTE I can receive calls. Sucks for those that can't.....

And you just said in your previous post you will still receive the call. Whatever, I could care less, works for me. Good day guyy.

No need to be snarky or have hurt feelings. It's great that it works for you. OP was explaining his issue, and in the 2nd post was a good answer. Your response was less than helpful by stating it was so false. If you don't care you should be spreading partial truths.

And for those in the areas that Circuit Switch Fallback doesn't work.... they won't recieve the calls until they are out of LTE coverage, or until Sprint fixes the towers that service their area.

Bottom line for those folks is to either try to be patient as it should only be temporary....or to disable LTE until it is sorted out.

pyrochance

Aug 27, 2012
Fort Worth
Finally someone researches this, even though I put the link to it you would be surprised how no-one will open it or not even bother to read it since its kinda on the long side.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I read the entire article, my post was more along the lines of being frustrated with sprint because they shipped a device that wouldnt necessarily work like they claim it should work (csfb). and they dont take the time to explain to their customers that in certain market locations their spark phones wont automatically switch to cmda so that the device still functions properly. My experience with this has been that sprint is useless and i had to find out through forums how to get my device to function properly until the towers have been upgraded in my area. Their excuse was update prl/ profile and maybe you don't have signal and just brushed the issue off like nothing.

anyway im grateful that you gave me a link to the article so i could understand the situation better, and im grateful to others who have not just passed the issue over as if we're somehow imagining a problem when it does exist. So in the meantime those of us with the problem will just have to stay in cdma mode until sprint finishes the upgrade.

Reactions: luigi311

Spectre99

May 9, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
Fixed

I just wanted to let people that are frustrated with spark know that it will be working as advertised soon. I am in an area that was supposed to be spark upgraded but I would only get it for a second then it would switch right back to 3g. I would notice that I would only have one bar of signal where i normally would have 4, this indicated it was connecting to spark but it would switch right back to 3g again. My battery was getting eaten up by RILJ under wakelockdetector. I assumed because it was constantly trying to connect to spark. Then today that all changed. I had a steady spark connection a steady single bar(not sure why that is) but when I get a call I see it switch to 3g and rings. after I hang up it switches back to spark consistently. So it seems they weren't totally upgraded in my area even though they said they were. Just hang in there everyone

Last edited:

hendav

Jun 11, 2010
Guys, I tried this app called connection stabilizer booster and it helped maintain a steady connection and it helped my phone switch from 3g to lte consistently. Just thought it might help someone.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No need to be snarky or have hurt feelings. It's great that it works for you. OP was explaining his issue, and in the 2nd post was a good answer. Your response was less than helpful by stating it was so false. If you don't care you should be spreading partial truths.

And for those in the areas that Circuit Switch Fallback doesn't work.... they won't recieve the calls until they are out of LTE coverage, or until Sprint fixes the towers that service their area.

Bottom line for those folks is to either try to be patient as it should only be temporary....or to disable LTE until it is sorted out.
    No ISH, you still receive the call though, that's what I am trying to say..................:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Finally someone researches this, even though I put the link to it you would be surprised how no-one will open it or not even bother to read it since its kinda on the long side.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I read the entire article, my post was more along the lines of being frustrated with sprint because they shipped a device that wouldnt necessarily work like they claim it should work (csfb). and they dont take the time to explain to their customers that in certain market locations their spark phones wont automatically switch to cmda so that the device still functions properly. My experience with this has been that sprint is useless and i had to find out through forums how to get my device to function properly until the towers have been upgraded in my area. Their excuse was update prl/ profile and maybe you don't have signal and just brushed the issue off like nothing.

anyway im grateful that you gave me a link to the article so i could understand the situation better, and im grateful to others who have not just passed the issue over as if we're somehow imagining a problem when it does exist. So in the meantime those of us with the problem will just have to stay in cdma mode until sprint finishes the upgrade.
    That is so false because when I'm on LTE at my local mall, I can send and receive texts just fine.... the OP must've messed with some sort of setting is my guess..? :confused:

Actually text over lte is possible but voice over lte doesnt work for us.
    There is a giant s4gru article that explains it all

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I have not messed with any settings. This has been happening from day 1. It took me about an hour after I got home from the Sprint store to notice that all calls were going directly to voicemail when I'm on 4G. As soon as I turn off 4G I get all my calls with no problem. I have tried updating prl and profile as I said before, but I don't appreciate people assuming I changed some setting when I'm telling you I didn't change anything. When I'm on 4G there is a spark icon that is constantly showing and the signal bar is always showing 1 bar. I don't know if that's part of the problem or not. If anyone has a serious suggestion to help instead of just assuming I caused this please let me know. Thanks.

If I read correctly on the s4gru website then the reason ur having this issue is because the tower is missing the 3g upgrade that handles this handoff which is called Circuit Switched Fallback*or enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback. Here's a link to the s4gru page with this info if u wish to learn more about it.
    http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/...-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Sent from my One using Tapatalk