[Q] Stuck at Asus screen after accidental full wipe, TWRP2.7, Omni

Search This thread

scottbuzz1

Jun 10, 2014
Not sure if I have successfully bricked my first android device or not but here I am. I can not get a succeessful power button/Vol down choice so I can reinstall the ROM.

It looks like I can get to what I think is called apx mode by using the reset button and power up. I installed the Asus Sync pack to get the drivers, (tried on win8 and win7), I tried adb on both OSes but still get no device found. Neither of my OSes are recognizing the device either.

Am I in a state where if I get the OS drivers right I can basically reinstall recovery to the internal drive and go from there?

Currently I just have that dang asus screen and it won't even power off after holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds, it just reboots to the Asus screen.

:confused:

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Not sure if I have successfully bricked my first android device or not but here I am. I can not get a succeessful power button/Vol down choice so I can reinstall the ROM.

It looks like I can get to what I think is called apx mode by using the reset button and power up. I installed the Asus Sync pack to get the drivers, (tried on win8 and win7), I tried adb on both OSes but still get no device found. Neither of my OSes are recognizing the device either.

Am I in a state where if I get the OS drivers right I can basically reinstall recovery to the internal drive and go from there?

Currently I just have that dang asus screen and it won't even power off after holding the power button down for 10-15 seconds, it just reboots to the Asus screen.

:confused:

People are generally not able to restore after a full wipe :(

APX mode is possible only if you have made Nvflash Backups beforehand (before bricking).