[APP][27 April 2011] GRemote Pro v1.5.12 -shortcuts for profiles

Search This thread

1999TL

Jul 28, 2007
Washington D.C.
marbalon, you know I've been lobbying for VLC media controls defaulted in? I was the one who asked if I could import my VLC media player settings upon a new version of Gremote :)

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
marbalon, you know I've been lobbying for VLC media controls defaulted in? I was the one who asked if I could import my VLC media player settings upon a new version of Gremote :)
Yes of course ;) In current version you can export command subtree and import it in new vesion, but you don't need this, i will add VLC to application library.

Purzelkater

Jul 22, 2008
www.eee-blog.de
I have tried GRemote Pro Demo on my HTC Touch Pro 2 (WM 6.5) and I will buy it within the next days. It works like a charm out of the box with my netbook over direct bluetooth connection (no IP connect).
Well there is a little graphic/softbar issue on Sense/Manila 2.5.2012 after exit GRemote but its easy to fix with open and close the hardware keyboard.
Against the FAQ my TP2 enables bluetooth on GRemote start automatically. No need to make this manually. :)
Keyboard function it great because I can use the TP2 hardware keyboard and the touchpad on the screen. :D

Now I have a suggestion, maybe other would like it too. ;) Would it be possible to make a "visual feedback" for pressed keys or touch fields? The skins are static now, right? I think it would be nice to have a "highlight" on buttons are pressed on the touch screen. Or if you use the scrollbar on the touchpad skin - then this scrollbar is highlighted whenever you use it. I have make a quick and dirty pic to explain it. ;) Well, I know there must be highlight overlays for all buttons on a skin.

Attachments

• highlight.jpg
    highlight.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 29

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Hi,
Yes visual feedback will be useful, but it not extend functionality... I'm trying to code most important features, but if I will have free time I will try to code this. On the other hand simple static images are easier to draw and skin is more simple. So I agree with you but you need to wait for this.

Best regards,
Marcin.

j_lucas

Jan 31, 2009
Szczecin
Is it possible to run Gremote Server without system try icon?

It is very useful feature when you use GRemote to control HTPC in situation when windows explorer is replaced by different shell

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
Is it possible to run Gremote Server without system try icon?

It is very useful feature when you use GRemote to control HTPC in situation when windows explorer is replaced by different shell

Hmm you are first one who ask about this. I will try to code this as an option, but if want to bring main window you need to execute program and if another copy is running it will be binged up. What do you think about this?

Marcin.

j_lucas

Jan 31, 2009
Szczecin
I think is a good way to detect that Gremote is already running at start up, if yes so just bring config window to front. But this is not a problem, because most likely when you replace standard windows shell you have no access to most of options / configuration on your system (of course if different shell does not support them).

Sep 9, 2008
Moto Z4
External IP?

Has anyone successfully connected to the GRemote Server using an external IP address?

I added a port forward rule for UDP Port 5656 to my Linksys router. Then I added a new computer in GRemote and specified my external IP.
Results: During the countdown, GRemote Server lights up green at about 3 seconds remaining, but "Connection Timeout..." on GRemote.

I then went throught the many painful steps of opening UDP Port 5656 in NIS 2010.
Results: During the countdown, GRemote Server lights up green at about 12 seconds remaining, but "Connection Timeout..." on GRemote.

I have seen a few references to connecting over 3G. Is this the method people are using? What are others' results?

The setup:
Device: Diamond
Radio: CDMA
Carrier: Alltel
Rom: MightyRom6

Thanks

marbalon

Dec 21, 2007
New version, new price, new quality...

After few weeks of our work we are ready to release new version with really useful tool - Configuration Wizard. Starting from this release, users can select from our database the application that are to be controlled using GRemotePro. So now you don't need to configure every application manually, just can select it from the library. If you can't find your favourite application feel free to send us e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with application name and we will try to add it in next release. There are some other changes described here.
Another good news is new price for GRemotePro. After promotion in April we have decided to keep the price at the level of $9.95 for some time. We hope that it will satisfy more users.
Please, keep sending your comments and reports in regard to our product, we analyze everything that comes from our customers.

wizard.png

gimpcell

Oct 12, 2009
Austin
Ok, I try to help you. We can focuns on bluetooth connection because it looks olmost working. Fallow this steps:

- In GRemoteServer please to go File->Import configuration... and load this file:
C:\Program Files\GBM\GRemote Pro\Example config.ini
- Then try to connect your device again using BT.

If you still have a problem please paste logs from: GRemoteServer->Action->Show logs...
and make GRemoteServer screenshot when your are connected

On PDA you should select WVGA skin for your device.

Best regards,
Marcin.

In a very phoneoerotic way... I love you. lol Seriously, I couldn't remember the last step in making this damn thing work/ Kept thinking it was my ROM or some tweak I might have made.

Thanks to you clearing my brain and reminding me that there is always a solution to everything.

1999TL

Jul 28, 2007
Washington D.C.
After few weeks of our work we are ready to release new version with really useful tool - Configuration Wizard. Starting from this release, users can select from our database the application that are to be controlled using GRemotePro. So now you don't need to configure every application manually, just can select it from the library. If you can't find your favourite application feel free to send us e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with application name and we will try to add it in next release. There are some other changes described here.
Another good news is new price for GRemotePro. After promotion in April we have decided to keep the price at the level of $9.95 for some time. We hope that it will satisfy more users.
Please, keep sending your comments and reports in regard to our product, we analyze everything that comes from our customers.

ahhh. At last. VLC player added :) $10 bucks is a bargain. I've "gotten" my money's worth since I bought this program early on.

pdawg17

Apr 3, 2008
Does anyone know a way with a WM device to wake up a computer from sleep? I have an HTPC and would love to be able to keep it asleep until I need it and then use this GRemote program...

jukefox

Aug 25, 2009
Does anyone know a way with a WM device to wake up a computer from sleep? I have an HTPC and would love to be able to keep it asleep until I need it and then use this GRemote program...

Search for a Wake-on-LAN (WoL) client for Windows Mobile, enable WoL on your HTPC within your BIOS and you're done. But maybe your Mainboard does not support WoL. You'll have to check it.

dongster

Jan 9, 2010
Gremote application does not launch

Hi,

After installing the GRemoteProDemoSetup.exe, the application does not launch on my desktop PC. It works fine on my laptop though.

I have tried a few things like booting up desktop PC in diagnostic mode, reinstallation with firewall + symantec disabled. But the gremote.exe just does not launch in my desktop PC (WinXP SP2). And i noticed there is no GBM folder in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data on my desktop PC, although it exists on the laptop.

Does anyone have a clue please?

Thanks.

kazriel

Nov 16, 2009
works brilliantly, very intuitive, very impressive.
I'm not sure if this could be implemented but itunes support would be fantastic.
Also ideally itunes playlist support would be equally fantastic.
I know alot of people, particularly on these forums prefer winamp but a large number, including myself, are quite happy with itunes.

Being able to access this program and its playlists would be, for me, the icing on the cake for this program. Although I imagine apple have made it exceedingly difficult to do this.

Well done again on a brilliant application

Caebron

May 7, 2010
Not working on my HTC Pure

I have the latest netcf and have UDP Port 5656 opened on my firewall.But when I click "Find' on the gremote app on my phone it just says 'Not found.'

I am connected via USB for now and I am not using any firewall except the default windows firewall. Turning off the firewall doesn't help help either.

Any hints?

EDIT: Suddenly it started working this morning... no idea why. At least the WiFi part did, for about 2 minutes. Then i got 'Error. Connection timed out.' pop up on my phone.

EDIT 2: Ok, it WORKS! It wont work vwhen connected via USB/ Active Sync but it does work via WiFi. The reason it had turned off after a minute is because my phones WiFi turns off each time when the Backlight times out.

What an awesome app! I will definitely be getting the Pro Version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I've just released new version specially for android (WM is not touched). Here are changes:

- voice command - launch any application you want using voice!
    - new Honeycomb application skin
    - redesigned menus and options
    - get more options in skins list - if you prefer old applets design you can download it from app
    - scroll to current track when you load page with containing this track
    - current track indicator
    - memory optimization
    - fixed problem with some buttons on gingerbread

attachment.php

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.

wizard.png

wol.png

Cheers,
    Marcin.

Please visit us:

http://gbmsoftware.com/

Unsigned drivers problem?
    Fixed - just install latest version

--------Description below is for non-Pro version--------

What we have now?

• GCenter - place to select controller type
    • GMouse - mouse control like Logitech MX Air (not the same)
    • Touchpad - applet which emulates laptops touchpad with a scroll area (dpad centre is left mouse button, useful for drag&drop)
    • GPad - especially for Media Center (generates arrow keys, Enter, Backspace, Esc, Alt+F4, StartMenu)
    • GMedia - multimedia keys for Windows Media Player (VolUP, VolDown, Play/Pause,Stop,Next, Prior)
    • Keyboard - Now you can use any SIP method including the hardware keyboard in HTC Touch Pro. Extra keys on screen Ctrl, Alt (three state), Esc, Del, Tab
    • GRace - thanks to PPJoy we have analogue game controller with 2 axis and 12 buttons. It is similar to NiiMe for Nokia, but only steering wheel for now.
    GRace quick howto:
    - Download and install PPJoy (click green download button on the right side on his site)
    - Go to "Control Panel->Paraller Port Joystick"
    - Click Add button and select "Virtual joysticks" for "Paraller Port", and "Controller 1" for "Controller number".
    - Now windows detect new hardware and should automatically find required drivers (if not try to install drivers manually from this directory C:\Program Files\Parallel Port Joystick)
    -Run GRemteServer and you should see info on GRace tab "PPJoy status: driver opened succesful"
    - Now you can calibrate you controler using standard windows functions (Control Panel->Game controllers->PPJoy Virtual joystick 1"->Properties...)

FAQs:

• Installation guide with USB connection howto
    • Bluetooth connection howto
    • This program uses 5656 UDP port so open this port to your firewall configuration
    • if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help.
    • if you are using ESET Smart Security (Nod32) you can fallow this steps. Remember to restart GRemoteServer after you finish configure ESS.
    • if you get "Connecton timeout" message, please check your firewall. In all probability it is the source of problems with connection.

Requirement
    - Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (cab)

And last, but not least - I really appreciate the help of new GRemote designer - Expo7. He does a lot of good job so Donate him if you like GRemote design!!!

Screenshots
    v5.1.jpg
    v5.2.jpg

Changelog

Enjoy,
    Marcin Baliniak.

Please do not distribute this files on other sites. If you wan you can put URL to this topic.

To find latest version go to this location.

Older versions:
    GRemote_v0.3.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.3.0_wqvga.zip
    ---
    GRemote_v0.5.0_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.0_wqvga.zip

---
    GRemote_v0.5.1_qvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_vga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wqvga.zip
    GRemote_v0.5.1_wvga.zip
    Hi,
    I have one small request for everyone who use pro version. I've just finish new version for WM phones. All settings tab and welcome screen was changed, so please try it and give me a feadback about this version. All gfx looks ok on your phone ? If you have any problems please pos a screenshot about this situation. If works fine on your device please write small post like "Works fine on HD2".

Cheers,
    Marcin.

This package doesn't have an QVGA skin availible.
    Though I checked the WQVGA, which works somewhat compressed.

Also, didn't get it to work on the Niki
    It just wil not connect over BT.
    It seems this update is mostly for Android users. Is there any benefit to me upgrading? My specs are listed below.

Device OS version - WM6.5.3
    PC OS version - Windows 7 Pro x64
    Network encryption - WPA2
    Frequency - 2.4GHz 802.11g

If I should provide more information, please let me know. This was all I could think of to provide offhand.

Hi!

This function/fixes goes to WM and Android so if you need this you should upgrade.

• support for more keybard languages and symbols
    • 'client connected' and 'disconnected' event
    • faster files/tracks list loading
    Btw. sometimes we fix something and forget to add to changelog - so it is worth to upgrade always ;)

Regards,
    Marcin.
    New music widget comming soon...

In next few days we should release new version for android devices win new music widgets... In new release you can also find Chinese and Russian translations... Now need to check BT connection problem in HD2.

Cheers,
    Marcin.
    New version for Android and new price $4.95!!!

Hi,
    We just released new version for android devices. New version contains changes listed below:
    - added translations: Czech, Russian, Chinese
    - new GRemotePro music Widget 4x2 - if you have a problems with widgets please remove application and install again
    - new layout for old (4x1) music widget
    - fixed communication problem in widget
    - fixed some FC reported by users

But the most important change is new price - now it is only $4.95!!!

Regards,
    Marcin.