Wireless Tether App?

Search This thread

manny0

Mar 18, 2006
Ohio
using someone elses picture link

The original guy to post those photos didn't have your user name bro. Your girlfriend doesn't have an OTA update, i doubt she even has a G2 either.

Malike25

Aug 10, 2010
SoCal
The original guy to post those photos didn't have your user name bro. Your girlfriend doesn't have an OTA update, i doubt she even has a G2 either.

I know I didn't post the pics. I never said I did. I don't post pics of my devices because they are all demo devices and I'm not stupid enough to risk my job just to show proof when eventually the proof will be released or leaked by someone else that doesn't care about their job.

Believe what you want to believe. I could care less.

vinnyjr

Jul 25, 2010
Boston
Thank You for the update. I love my G2 and I have been with T-Mobile for about 4 years and have watched them grow. They have given their customers great plans compared to the other carriers and are giving great choices in devices. What else can you ask for?
PS I am very excited about the wifi calling, coming from the blackberry 9700 before I went to the Nexus One and the G2, I used UMA calling all the time. Great feature. It is nice to be able to use my netbook tethered off my phone as I ride to work in the Am. Great features that will bring more customers to T-Mobile.
Vinny

theratdude64

Aug 30, 2010
SLC UT
I'm using VISIONary with the Wireless Tether app just fine :) Haven't had much chance to use it, but I have sucessfully tethered and love it.

The only "problem" I encountered was I changed my SSID and it still showed up as the default name on my netbook :confused:

Mftek1

Sep 26, 2010
Sylmar
I'm using VISIONary with the Wireless Tether app just fine :) Haven't had much chance to use it, but I have sucessfully tethered and love it.

The only "problem" I encountered was I changed my SSID and it still showed up as the default name on my netbook :confused:

I had the exact same problem bro.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

theratdude64

Aug 30, 2010
SLC UT
Not too big of a deal, but would be nice to fix. I haven't messed with encryption yet, any issues customising that?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
I talked to a T-Mobile employee and he said that tethering plans are coming soon... so if you get the OTA update, enjoy that free tethering for all the time you get with it :( I am not trolling by the way, its true, unless this employee is really dumb...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

mikeatron

Oct 4, 2010
what wireless tethering app are you guys using? i installed barnacle but i cant get my laptop to see the ssid

mikeatron

Oct 4, 2010
sweeet thanks man, works great. who needs perm root, just press one button and you have wifi tether :p im content for now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its funny how EVERYONE that says they got the OTA update shows proof that they have it by uploading pics showing the update. But the funny part is, they ALL post the same EXACT
    pics that ive seen in other threads from a user claiming they have the update. I smell.......bull
    Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

So you've seen the pics from at least 1 user showing you the wifi tether but you still say it's bull.

The OTA was stopped by TMO due to it being released before they wanted it. Only TMO employees and demo devices (used by vendors)received the updates and not all of them received it. TMO has halted all OTA updates to the G2 until the tethering data plan is ready to launch. From what I've heard you're looking at $10-$15 per month for tethering w/a cap of 5GB just like the broadband cards. Give it about 2-3 weeks and you'll see an official release.

Before you ask how I know this...well lets just say I work w/TMO released and unreleased devices. I get to test them out and use them before the release date. I can tell you the myTouch 4G, otherwise known in the blog world as the myTouch HD, will have wifi tethering and wifi calling out of the box. The wifi tethering data feature will be ready before/or on the launch of this phone in November.

PS. Don't ask me for pics of unreleased devices...not gonna happen since I like my job.