[Q] Flash HTC Evo 3d to Boost Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thegqguy

Oct 2, 2009
phila
@ m4f1050 i did and evo for a friend and i and i had the error 16 i did everything i could and nothing happend just by calling sprint i had it fixed, but before i called up sprint, i did a hard reset on the donnor phone ##786# and the phone got the error 16 so thats why i decided to cantact sprint by waiting when i make an outbound call and get the error 16, sprint doa refresh on your number and that fixed it, my brother has sprint and he have not used hes meid on another phone.. and he had the error 16 and he got it fix the same way its.. sprint its doing it just for security pporpuse

androidbliss

Sep 26, 2011
I have a few questions if someone could offer some help. I had (2) EVO 4G's put on Boost for me...by a Boost store about a month ago and they charged me an outrageous amount! I never did get the "other" phones or even a backup of the files. So anyways I have since paid a guy and was taught how to do this myself...I then turned around and wrote a guide (for my OWN purposes...noone else has ever laid eyes on my guide!!). I know the method to do ANY EVO 4G or 3D in about 20 minutes..no scanning ever, does not matter what android version or baseband, this method does everything..you guys know what I'm talking about. Now to finally get to my question. I bought a 3D yesterday and want to reuse/transfer my info from my 4G that the Boost store did for me. I am able to extract ALL needed info BUT my Profile 1 AAA password...on this phone, and questionably ONLY this phone (I tested other 4G's and was able to get the info), when I reqeust the user prof 1 info in QXDM it returns nothing but all zeros?!?!?!? Now the way I was taught...I need that info. Right or wrong, this is the way I was taught, I know there are other ways...people talk about manual or handsfree activation...but I simply am clueless to what that process is all about. Basically I was taught to write everything extracted from one back to the other. Now it seems I dont need ALL that info...that there is a way to let the 4G/3D download (provision) some of the data?!?!? This method I was taught seems more likely to get the Error 16 also...but from what I'm reading it seems no method is necessarily safe anymore...just deal with it when the Error arrises. Please...before anyone asks me for the guide I wrote I will tell you straight up...I will not give it to anyone! I will not have it showing up on Ebay and being sold by a bunch of greedy people making a buck off other peoples work. I paid alot of money to be taught the method and spent about 7 hours processing the info and writing my own complete idoits guide...so easy even I can't mess the process up...;) I'm 95% sure that the method I use is not a secret (but to some it is). I did not know where to look so I got frustrated and just paid a very knowledgable person to teach me. I will however discuss parts of the process thru PM if anyone is even a bigger noob then me and needs help.

One last question...with this new security measure will it still be possible to switch back and forth between my 4G and my 3D? I would like to use the 4G for work...its in an Otterbox and suited for a harsh environment. But when not working I was hoping to turn the 4G off and then the 3D on, for use at all other times. Just wondering if I'm likely to be dealing with Error 16's all the time if I tried that. Back in the good old days I used to do that with Nextel...I had a junker I took to work, and when I was not at work I popped the SIM card into a real fancy phone that I babied...LOL.

Last edited:

iorecki

Aug 11, 2010
Miami Beach
my 4g was my donor for the 3d.
I can switch back and forth with no problem...dunno why people are getting error 16 all of a sudden.

try a differnet versions of qpst to read the phone...the version on the Japanese site posted in the beginning is how ppl are getting this to work.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

androidbliss

Sep 26, 2011
my 4g was my donor for the 3d.
I can switch back and forth with no problem...dunno why people are getting error 16 all of a sudden.

try a differnet versions of qpst to read the phone...the version on the Japanese site posted in the beginning is how ppl are getting this to work.

Its not a matter of getting it to work...I have flashed over a few 3D's without a problem...very recent one did give the Error 16 right after flash but had the person stay on the line and Sprint took care of it. This is a matter of for some odd reason not being able to pull the Profile 1 AAA password out of my flashed EVO 4G. I did not flash my own 4G so I don't have the "other" phones info. I have everything I need extracted BUT not the Profile 1 AAA password. If I was using a new "other" phone I could breeze thru the process in about 20 minutes.

I use QXDM to request/read the prof 1 info from the phone...It has worked 99.9% of the time...this one phone (of course my main phone) just will not give up the info. I think I'm going to have to to a handsfree activation and let it provision the profile 1 password...problem is...I have heard about the technique..but do not know how to perform it. I was told all I needed was to write the meid or esn (can't even remember)...and the NV items...then do....?!?!?! and it will download the missing info to the phone. Thats alot of unknown for me to risk my main phone info. I really would like to get this figured out though and switch over to my 3D that is just sitting here begging to be used..lol.

Last edited:

iorecki

Aug 11, 2010
Miami Beach
Its not a matter of getting it to work...I have flashed over a few 3D's without a problem...very recent one did give the Error 16 right after flash but had the person stay on the line and Sprint took care of it. This is a matter of for some odd reason not being able to pull the Profile 1 AAA password out of my flashed EVO 4G. I did not flash my own 4G so I don't have the "other" phones info. I have everything I need extracted BUT not the Profile 1 AAA password. If I was using a new "other" phone I could breeze thru the process in about 20 minutes.

I use QXDM to request/read the prof 1 info from the phone...It has worked 99.9% of the time...this one phone (of course my main phone) just will not give up the info. I think I'm going to have to to a handsfree activation and let it provision the profile 1 password...problem is...I have heard about the technique..but do not know how to perform it. I was told all I needed was to write the meid or esn (can't even remember)...and the NV items...then do....?!?!?! and it will download the missing info to the phone. Thats alot of unknown for me to risk my main phone info. I really would like to get this figured out though and switch over to my 3D that is just sitting here begging to be used..lol.

i dunno now...u keep losing me lol.
you know how to do it...then you dont know to do it.
youve done it before, but cant seem to do it to this one phone. :confused:
from what i understand all is the same from the 4g to the 3d.
if it doesnt seem to be working try qpst 2.7...
how fast is ur actual 3g speed on the evo 4g ?
maybe you didnt have both profiles flashed ?

Reactions: androidbliss

Tacoman22

Aug 22, 2006
ok guys had someone flash my phone and now they wont return my calls ive lost 3g and i believe it has to do with the aaa secret password bc mine reads all zeros i dont have the original donor phone is there anyway to resolve this without another flash???? If anyone can help id be willing to paypal some $$$

iorecki

Aug 11, 2010
Miami Beach
ok guys had someone flash my phone and now they wont return my calls ive lost 3g and i believe it has to do with the aaa secret password bc mine reads all zeros i dont have the original donor phone is there anyway to resolve this without another flash???? If anyone can help id be willing to paypal some $$$

nothing should really happen to the 3g unless you actually messed with it after the flash.
you can try updating the prl and profile...

or get ur msl , do ##3282#, edit mode, enter msl , go into data, hit the menu button and hit restore.

might have to do this more than once....
should work by the second time....this is how i fix speed issues or to many disconnects from 3g.

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Ok, I think what Sprint/Boost is looking for when you get Error 16 is IMSI T (True MSDI)

Dee Ef Es and Qu Pee Es Tee both let you see/program IMSI T.

I have my phones all programmed with 000000xxxx where the last 4 are all the same on all phones and I have programmed many phones this way and haven't gotten the Error 16. If someone else would like to try please do so and report back. I have 4 on same account (I do not turn 2 on at the same time) but I can switch between phones and no Error 16.

:)

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

For Qu Pee Es Tee to work in Windows Vista / Windows 7 without any errors make sure you right click on the link and in Compatibility Mode select Run As Administrator.

Tacoman22

Aug 22, 2006
nothing should really happen to the 3g unless you actually messed with it after the flash.
you can try updating the prl and profile...

or get ur msl , do ##3282#, edit mode, enter msl , go into data, hit the menu button and hit restore.

might have to do this more than once....
should work by the second time....this is how i fix speed issues or to many disconnects from 3g.

tried this but dont have data connection keep getting error 67

androidbliss

Sep 26, 2011
i dunno now...u keep losing me lol.
you know how to do it...then you dont know to do it.
youve done it before, but cant seem to do it to this one phone. :confused:
from what i understand all is the same from the 4g to the 3d.
if it doesnt seem to be working try qpst 2.7...
how fast is ur actual 3g speed on the evo 4g ?
maybe you didnt have both profiles flashed ?

LOL..ok. I have done 4G's and 3D's yes. The phone in question is my very first Evo 4G...this phone I did not personally flash, it was done by a Boost Dealer before I learned how to do the process myself. The dealer did NOT give me the donor nor did he give me a backup of the donor files.

I picked up a 3D and I decided I really liked it so I wanted to transfer my Evo 4G's info over...so I proceeded to read all the data from the Evo 4G. When I got to the part where I read the Profile 1 AAA password in QXDM it returns all zeros...even zeros for the shared password.

I have sucessfully pulled the data out of other Evo 4G's for transfer...but THIS phone will not give up the info. I did try it on 2 different pc's.

My internet 3G is as fast as it gets...I have compaired it side by side with 2 other Sprint Evo 4G's (3G data...we do not have 4G here)...and all our phones test out nearly identica in speed tests. So...its not a issue of 3G never being setup properly...it was.

My question was...is it possible to get my 3D working when I have EVERYTHING but the Profile 1 AAA password from my 4G...and if so...how?

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

I have not lost my 3G...but this is the exact problem I am having...a read of my Evo 4G returns all zeros for the Profile 1 AAA and shared passwords. The phone works perfect..thank goodness..but I'm stuck as I wanted to transfer my Evo 4G's info over to a 3D.

jay7264

Apr 3, 2010
long island newyork
hey every one i can flash your evo 3d i charge 50. i usually dont post this but i have plenty of experience i have been doing this since the motorola razor. if your interested pm me

hnic32

Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
hey every one i can flash your evo 3d i charge 50. i usually dont post this but i have plenty of experience i have been doing this since the motorola razor. if your interested pm me

see this is what i mean. jay7264, most of us in this thread have alot of experience flashing phones. some more than others. we are here to help each other, not to make a quick buck. come on dude stop it!!!

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
but where would the AAA passwords have gone if they were already flashed?

When you reset the phone (##786#) it reverts to the factory one. Also if you write a new AAA, it replaces the old one with whatever you write. If you didn't save this then there is no way to retrieve it.

Reactions: thegqguy

thegqguy

Oct 2, 2009
phila
hey try to do a search of the nv item 1192 and 1194 from there you will be good

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

i have not try it... i dont have more tokens to download it.. can anyone try it
and use google chrome to translate it...

diypda dot com /viewthread. php?tid= 290308 &extra =page %3D1

put them together

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

When you reset the phone (##786#) it reverts to the factory one. Also if you write a new AAA, it replaces the old one with whatever you write. If you didn't save this then there is no way to retrieve it.

yes that true... you are 100,000 %,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just flashed my 3D and am willing to help any member just PM me
    why is noone sharing this method and holding out. if you want to "flash" your phones to boost. its your business. esn cloning is illegal. im not telling your how to do that. just add open sesame door to your emmbedded file system and your nvm will open up. good luck from there. yes it takes 5 minues

I posted how (in 2 ocations), someone posted the chinese version, all you have to do is SEARCH and READ. Stuff like this needs to be kept down low, if you know what I mean, and not from us, from them...the ones that don't want us doing it. Hope you understand now.

I dont see my "Thanks Meter" going up...LOL
    Flash your Evo 3D to Boost.

I will post the step by step in a few days.
    When i do i want a thumps up.
    I have the step by step, i will send you the step by step Via email(Pm me) and upload it to megashare and megauploads. LINK BELOW:).
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQWLGPS0

Video is under here step by step.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNij__qnL4

REMEMBER TO SAY THANKS OR THUMPS UP.
    bY THE WAY 10/27 WAS MY BIRTHDAY.
    HAPPY BELATED TO ME.
    LATER

see this is what i mean. jay7264, most of us in this thread have alot of experience flashing phones. some more than others. we are here to help each other, not to make a quick buck. come on dude stop it!!!
    i think this is what is needed: http://www.diypda.comwww.diypda.com/viewthread.php?tid=335186&extra=&page=1. view in google chrome so it can translate.