[Q] (Q) Can't change static IP settings

Search This thread

HD87

May 25, 2011
what kind of router do you have? why doesn't your router assign the tablet an IP address is the question.. is it not DHCP enabled? the only time I've needed to assign a static address is when connecting to an ad hoc network on my phone.. it not "forgetting" the address you assigned it doesn't make much sense but instead of replacing the tablet you should think about replacing your router..

whiteston

Oct 16, 2008
Well is impossible that the tablet keeps the settings after a factory reset. It must delete every thing included you installed applications and revert the unit like a new one from the store, asking you to do the initial setup as if new. If this didn't happened to you, them the only explanation is that the eprom chip is damaged (the internal sd memory) and you must return the unit.

Sorry, I was out of town for the day. Yes I eventually jsut returned the unit and got a new one. working great so far.

Karlzbad

Apr 12, 2009
I am having this exact same issue and it seems that my Iconia at 40 days old is past the Best Buy return window.