Whats next....?

Search This thread

bpye

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
The signal works, wifi works. The keyboard has issues in portrait mode, you have to use landscape.

EDIT: youtube and browser seem non functional

Last edited:

josemaesra

Sep 13, 2010
Córdoba
I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p

you are a genius,
waiting for a stable version

Merry Christmas and a happy new year :D

dud3me

Dec 9, 2010
I had to. When I installed Keiran's ICS, my phone always ended up in HBoot. Removing MTD's helped. (I had 135 10, which was probably too tight I guess. If you are keeping 160-170+, you should be good to go I think)

I'm gona try on 150 see what happens...
Also can anyone supply the tiny gapps? Can't find them anywhere

Okay so it boots up but when I enter pin it says something like "Sim card added you must restart device"

And it does every time I try to unlock sim card.

Edit: If I don't do so and press back I get signal for 20 secs till it asks me to enter pin again. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
hey guys, have a bit of an issue with the cm9 arco put up.
when i first flash it i cannot get past setup. it just says that it fails, then it brings me back to the start of the setup, then if i push start it fails and brings me back to the start ect.... every now and again it says the device needs to restart because of a new sim. ive tried it with and without my sim and im stumped :( would love to get in there and have a nosy about... any help appreciated

Heavy_Metal_Man

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
@heavy sure you flashed tiny gapps?

Sent from... somewhere...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...kT1NmdLJMpIxyIVnA&sig2=5V0Oz1l_msxrlgodcl6QWw this is the one i flashed and aye i was, i had to nandroid back to cyanogenmod and remove the sim lock, then go back to the cm9 and my signal then worked and the WiFi. i could see both working in the status bar + i can get into the settings for the WiFi but as soon as i push start it fails :(

going to try a fresh install again and see how i get on...

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

going to try a fresh install again and see how i get on...[/QUOTE]

were in business :cool: after removing the sim lock i reflashed the zip + gapps, when it booted it said that i could skip the setup by selecting some app :)( it gave me only 2 options) and now ive booted in with sound signal and wifi! well excited lol thank you arco :D

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

ok guys ive had a good nosy and thought id report back with what works on mine and what doesnt, just for those of you who dont want to test it :D

NOT WORKING.
Gallery
Web browser
Camera
Phone calls - screen says unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped working and gives the option of ok but if you don’t click it the call still works. After the call is over it says that a new sim has been inserted and the phone must restart, but it you hit back on the keypad it buggers off.(but txts work)
Key board in portrait mode, as stated earlier.

WORKING.
Sound
Touch screen
Sms
Music
Downloading apps
Market place
Superuser
Trackball! Select as well as move!
C0ntacts
Signal
Wifi
Email
3g data
Clock
Battery &
Status bar icons
Home button, back button, menu button, search button.
Power button, volume buttons.

i have to say in quite impressed with this as i got very little lag on this, only really when entering the app drawer. the gallery app worked in the sense that it opened and found items but everyone of them was black so not much use, but with out a gpu i expected that. the phone call situation was quite strange as i could still talk on the phone call as llong as i didnt select the ok button or hit back :/

all in all very impressed, getting very very very excited for ics and i really hope that this gets fixed up :cool:
arco you are the man!:D

Last edited:

ErwinP

Oct 6, 2010
Little question, I believe that I already know the answer, but sending text messages works, right?

Erwin

EDIT: never mind, jusr saw the (edited?) post of Mister metalman here!

Last edited:

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
aye it works man, and i dunno why it keeps editing it ?? lol i kept selecting post reply but it kept filing it as edited :/ maby because i was the last poster...:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've put the device config for ICS up on GitHub, so anyone that wants to can build from it. You can also get a prebuilt version of it here: http://www.multiupload.com/1Y14642PG0 (I'm not bothering making a new thread for it). It should be ok enough to poke around in. Consider it some kind of Christmas gift. :p
    My dear friends

I know that I'm suppose to do it in an new thread, but this is just a quicky:
    - latest build (checkout the new options for het launcher)
    All that other stuff that didn't work (camera, gmail, ..) will not work as well.

For the issue of the keyboard going wrong: I modified gapps a bit so it uses our ICS keyboard now. As far as I can see (market etc) all is working fine, with the correct keyboard.
    - download the modified gapps
    - note that this, sadly, won't fix gmail to open up mails.
    - please inform me when a new version of gapps is available so I can adapt mine.

And now I'm going off this forum for the rest of the day, stupid exams :p
    All the best,
    Erwin

EDIT
    I believe that you can just flash this modified gapps over the old one, no need to whipe everything. Try it, but if it doesn't work (i.e. if the portrait keyboard still doesn't fit), whipe everything and flash this modified gapps.
    In case I haven't mentioned it already, I just like to state that there won't be an official version of CM9 for the Wildfire. The issues of having no GPU, is practically impossible to overcome. I'll still be pushing some stuff to my github from time to time, but all my focus is now on the Galaxy W. And I'll tell you right away, ICS on a device having a GPU is sooo much better than on a device without it. Time to move on folks! :)
    I'm thinking in moving to Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    What do you think guys, is it a good choice or there are better choices in the same price range?

but first am waiting to CM9, after that i will take the decision.

Arco, any good news about CM9??
    Not so good news I'm afraid. Although it's not so much of a problem getting most of the hardware to work (except camera which all devices struggle with atm), the biggest problem for us is that Google has completely removed all support in the source for non-GPU devices. Even in Gingerbread we had to rely on hacks to make the ui smooth, but these hacks are not easy to implement in ICS due to lot's of code removed. I've managed to forward port some of it, but it's far from perfect. A lot better than without it, but still not as smooth as in Gingerbread. There's also something weird with the color space in Android now, which I guess is because it expects and uses graphics capabilities we don't have. For example gradients look like crap, like they are shown in 8 bit mode or something. Unless someone are able to fix it, I don't expect there will be a CM9 for the Wildfire. Almost all of the top coders are working on the high-end devices and probably doesn't give a crap, so I'm not optimistic.
    Sorry guys, didn't know that there where others interested.There are still quite some lags, and the updates for buzz aren't much preformance speeding, last time I checked.
    The build is started, but it takes some time on my old laptop. As I'm having examen today, I will not be able to upload it untill this evening. But you will hear from me again ;-)

Wish me luck today :)
    Erwin

Edit: I was confusing myself :p here you:
    http://www.multiupload.com/4QGT5ZIL5E

Don't know if it works, haven't been able to test it myself.