Thoughtlesskyle's Not So Super Froyo [RLS 17][10/20/2010] Kid Tested Mother Approved!

Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
so here we go 17 or as a i like to call it not so super froyo

Original
- Based off Dzo's 10/1 fresh froyo release
- stock theme with the andro green elements thrown in
- newest google apps except maps which can be downloaded from the market
- gmail, and voice search are both now in data which will make for an easy uninstall if they ever need to be updated again
- google maps {brut} is also in data for easy removal
- faux flip clock
- default wallpaper from Myns Warm Builds
- live wallpapers and everything related to them are removed along with the latinIME tutorial to free up some space
- Adwlaucher is present instead of launcher2 (also stored in data for easy replacement with the launcher of your choice)
- l1q1d's shut down script
- android scribble boot animation
- cyanogenmod wallpaper gallery
- put original vending.apk back in to attempt to cure some market hang
- doesnt seem to have the phone call hang issue
- zip align on first boot so give it 5 minutes before use

10/10/2010 update
- removed wirelesstether.apk (can be downloaded from the market) to free even more space since the vogue doesn't use it
- also deleted Quicksearchbox.apk since there is no need for it as there is the themed search box both do the same thing so their is no need to use double the space
- Changed network connection icons so that 2G, G, 3G, and H all have the same look and match the theme
- added new roaming icons and there was a graphical hiccup when it went to roaming
- added transparent Youtube widget

10/15 update
-Finally Have A Wallpaper Gallery of my own Thanks to LostEden over in the G1 Forums
-added The Latest Gmail app instead of needing to be updated from the market
-Added Wireless tether back in to the /system by popular demand
-Added Transparent Calendar widget now all of the widgets except the market are themed
-added newest Version of Car Home
-Removed Protips.apk (the tips to using android widget), it was just a waste of space
- changed the boot animation from the android scribble to one that is easier to tell if its still loading (its a secret to everyone)
-Instead of having a White and Black Full build to download there will now be just the black with an update.tar for the white this is just simply for space savings on the hosting site

10/17
-added back the old vending.apk so all apps show in the market
-themed the dialer

RLS 17 10/20
-now based off the 16-10-2010 fresh froyo from n2rjt
-NEW battery indicator now shows a 1% interval for charging thanks Vellowax
- i will post a new white status bar theme when i get some free time, the current one will work but you will lose the battery %

i think that's about it if there is anything else i will update it, give it a whirl

again all credit goes to the real devs im just a guy who can read and work 7zip

few personal thank you's
- first Jeff (incubus) i cant thank you enough and you are always helpful and without your themeing guide and advice i would be nowhere
- and also all the Dev's who have invested so much time making android work and keeping me happy with my vogue till i got my hero
- cnigro1279 for testing the black theme after i fixed the hang issue
- -Arturo- for finding some graphical hiccups and being an early adopter
- and for everyone who has given me feedback and used my build in general, after being on here and always taking from the community its nice to give something back.

thanks for trying it out in advance

Known Issues:
- on first boot ADW will give problem loading widgets errors, just simply delete them and put whatever widgets you would like they will all work
- usb doesn't always show disconnected from the computer when unplugged (common in other AOSP builds i have used too)

Screenies are fun
CAP2010100421162.jpg
CAP2010100421161.jpg
CAP2010100421112.jpg
CAP201010042117.jpg
CAP2010100421171.jpg

Downloads
Back In Black (Pictured Above)
White Status Bar Update.tar Same Coloring of the widgets just a white status bar instead of black

Last edited:

wellVersed

Aug 30, 2009
Dallas, TX
hmm i like the thought process behind this build... might give it a try if i hold out a bit longer on the evo. sounds like you're going for rolling back to some more stability and user control. can't argue with that, esp if some of the devs are focusing elsewhere now.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
i really like the user having the option to customize their build, that's why i keep alot of stuff in data. I always liked adw launcher a little better than launcher pro's free version just because launcher pro free is pretty barebones compared to its full version.

so i leave stuff in data so its easy to uninstall so its not taking up space if the user has no intent on ever using it

Razzmon

Mar 6, 2009
Making Calls

Hi , I have just installed your "not so froyo" , its nice and fast , but seems a bit laggy when I use wireless for downloads in market app. When I end a call the android startup gif comes up as if its logging in again , can u please assist me.

BUILD REALLY AWESOME!!!

Razzmon

Mar 6, 2009
Just installed mxit , nothing else , was just busy testing everything and wanted to make a call , see that it resets as soon as I hangup

cnigro1279

May 28, 2009
Nottingham, NH
Loving this build so far but am having trouble with the market not showing apps....is there an enabler or script for this build? I was able to see all apps with fresh froyo.....

Still very nice...ill be watching this one...Thanks a bunch!!

sent from my full Android Kaiser

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
hey just giving you guys an update i got to work on it a little last night i will try to get it working today, apparently .tar files like to be a little temperamental so i had a whole load of issues last night trying to fix it

edit: appears it was the services.jar causing the problem still trying to fix the problem

Last edited: